Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Rookie Poster

Default Kim became youngest ever transsexual at 12

12? I was still playing with toys at 12

Unhappy as a boy, Kim became youngest ever transsexual at 12

By Bojan Pancevski in Vienna, Sunday Telegraph
    Last Updated: 1:12am GMT 29/01/2007

A boy of 12 is believed to have become the world's youngest sex change patient after convincing doctors that he wanted to live the rest of his life as a female.

The boy - originally called Tim, but now known as Kim - has started to receive hormone treatment, in preparation for the operation that will eventually complete the sex change.

Tim was diagnosed as a transsexual two years ago, when doctors and psychiatrists concluded that his claims to be "in the wrong body" were so deeply felt that he required treatment. The therapy involves artificially arresting male puberty, with a series of potent hormone injections before the administration of female hormones to initiate the development of features such as breasts.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../28/wkim28.xml
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tim2kim_129.jpg 
Views:	10699 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	78375  

Default Re: Kim became youngest ever transsexual at 12

Quote Originally Posted by corbomite

A boy of 12 is believed to have become the world's youngest sex change patient after convincing doctors that he wanted to live the rest of his life as a female.

The boy - originally called Tim, but now known as Kim - has started to receive hormone treatment, in preparation for the operation that will eventually complete the sex change.

Tim was diagnosed as a transsexual two years ago, when doctors and psychiatrists concluded that his claims to be "in the wrong body" were so deeply felt that he required treatment. The therapy involves artificially arresting male puberty, with a series of potent hormone injections before the administration of female hormones to initiate the development of features such as breasts.

I started my transition at age 12 and went to high school the youngest transexual is 4

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by KellyShore

I started my transition at age 12 and went to high school the youngest transexual is 4
    You two look alike.

Related in any way,cousin ?

You two look alike.

Related in any way,cousin ?
    ha ha no I am part puerto rican lol and from the STATES

My official Adult Blog

http://www.kellypierceblog.com

My Official Blog for my TS Sisters

http://www.secretkelly.com

My official Cam Site

http://www.kellysdreamhouse.com

I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are children who have undergone SRS at age 4. A lot of countries around the world have clinics that don't hold to the same "ethics" as clinics in the U.S., and I'm sure that in these said countries, if a mother wanted to have a daughter and ended up having a son instead, the money necessary would more than likely be the only deciding factor.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrimFusion
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if there are children who have undergone SRS at age 4. A lot of countries around the world have clinics that don't hold to the same "ethics" as clinics in the U.S., and I'm sure that in these said countries, if a mother wanted to have a daughter and ended up having a son instead, the money necessary would more than likely be the only deciding factor.
    Do you have any evidence of that - or did you just pull it out of your arse for Monday morning?

Often doctors to "corrective" surgery on children shortly after birth, as many have genitals which are messed up - technically they could be the youngest transsexuals who has SRS.
    seanchai

To elaborate a bit on what seanchai said, intersexed infants are often "corrected" at birth to the sex ASSumed by the doctors/parents to be the correct sex for the infant, based on the infant's genitalia. Unfortunately, often these children mature to identify with the opposite sex from that which they were assigned, and there is a growing trend now for doctors and parents to wait until the child is old enough to declare his/her gender. (This topic is far too complex to go into detail here; googling "intersexual" will yield tons of info.)

I like Kelly's p.o.v.: many children have demonstrated transsexualism as young as 4 (any younger is probably too early for much gender differentiation to show), and many begin their transition from a young age. As to the youngest SRS not including "corrective" intersexual surgery, perhaps 12 is the record.

Junior Poster

12?

Couldn't this kid (who must get made fun of) wait until they could drive, or drink, or do something adults do?

No offense to the kid, but come on, you realize at 12, you don't lose your family jewels at 12.

Maybe I'm just confused, but....once this kid gets it, he can't turn back, you know, if he made a mistake or wanted to wait.

He's a teen. His hormones are on the fritz. He should WAIT until he's matured.

If sex is a weapon, my gun's loaded.

Veteran Poster

well keep believing......

sorry i couldnt get it out of the picture fram its an old school picture.

LMAO
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	youngin_151.jpg 
Views:	9869 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	78425  

Junior Poster

Anyone who has SRS at 12 years old needs their head looking at. The trouble comes as SRS is not necessarily a final solution to the *problem*. Such evasive surgery can have major medical implications.

Let's put it this way. While at a young age I had a strong suspicion that I was a transsexual, I did not really know what a transsexual was or if it was even possible. I was alone. Now given time, by about the age of 16 I pretty damn sure what I wanted, but hadn't the faintest clue about how to get it.

Talking about intersexed children. While I'm somewhat in agreement that minor conditions are rightly corrected at a young age. The more major conditions, especially those which affect natural development should be left to the decision of the child. Certainly here in the UK, intersexed children up until only a few years ago have been almost experimented on for want of a better word.

BLACK and WHITE! Hot or Cold. Humans, or more Doctors, see things in such extremes when it comes to gender. There's Male or Female, and that's that!

The ambiguity of gender is such a taboo subject that it's not widely publicised that as many as 1 in 1000 of the population have some slight intersexed condition. My *cock* for example, let's be clear here, has a deformity where the skin that would normally go back is joined to the head. It is not the same as other penises.

Hang on, where am I going with this.. Ah yes, young transsexuals.

12 years is too young. And any parent or Doctor advocating SRS for a 4 year old should be dragged before a court on abuse charges.

Children's minds are not fully developed. It's very difficult for them to comprehend things and the wider social picture. In some ways though that could make adjustment easier for them. But in others, it could be leaping before they look.

The best example that I can give that most of us would understand would be of how big we thought the world was when we were teenagers. We thought that the school, our friends, the local shops, the family we had, was our entire world around us. It was only as we became older that we truly appreciated that no one gives a damn who we are so we may as well do what we like. The world gradually became a very big place.

And it's for that reason and reasons like it, which is why children should not have SRS. Hormones, well that's another discussion. Quickly though, I would say blocking hormones/puberty is acceptable in a diagnosed case of childhood transsexualism.

This is a very complex topic. Which in some ways shouldn't be left to Doctors and parents to decide, Doctors take the high moral ground of black/white and parents over react based on social pressure.

Very complex issue.

I also do not think it appropriate for pictures of this Tim/Kim to be posted here, or any other very young transsexual that doesn't realise the gravity of their decision.

Just to add: The feeding frenzy of the media to report and post pictures of these children is HIGHLY inappropriate to that child's future intended development. The 17y.o. here in the UK is widely known as the-youngest-transsexual after the Gutter Press newspapers dug up all that they could. So their dreams scuppered.