Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Well I know that the moderators ALL OF them have taken up for me and other ladies when the lines were clearly crossed and or when all involved new where it was heading or directed and for that I do say thankyou!

Im not naive to know that moderators cant be on here 24-7 and sometimes an opinion is called for and shouldnt be deleted however certain people on this board like to stir the pot and thats there only objective here. But thats why we have moderators to choose what crosses the line!

2009 AVN Transsexual Performer of the Year!!
    2010 XBIZ TS Performer of the Year

My Website:
    http://www.hotwendywilliams.com

Blogs:
    http://www.wendywilliamsblog.com

Rookie Poster

I think that if the reply is cute and adorable (like the ones I leave >_> ) they should stay if they steal the OP's thunder......otherwise yeah if they're mean they should go....

Rookie Poster

Default Re: Should a post that hijack's a thread be deleted?

Quote Originally Posted by AllanahStarrNYC
    Have you noticed that almost in EVERY single post made here- someone comes along and starts an argument about something?

Why do people feel the need to be critical to the pictures that depict a taste of another poster- and turn the thread into an all out argument- and completely drive the post to another topic?

Do post that hijack's a thread be deleted?

What do you think?
    Absolutely!!!! Firmer Moderation is really needed. This thread has already attracted "deletable" replies.

There are two essential tools in life. Duct Tape & WD40. If it doesn't move and it should...use the WD40. If it moves and it shouldn't...use the Duct Tape

Nah, don't delete them. Instead, switch them to the Buy Sell and Trade Forum. The confusion would be hilarious.

5 Star Poster

What if a post is moronic drivel to begin with. Like gay cross dressers trying to call out true TS's for example.

5 Star Poster

Threads that devolve into arguements should be transfered to "religion and politics" then ignored by moderators from then on.

Gold Poster

(I can't help get the sense that this is directed at yours truly for my comments on the Buffy thread, so ... )

It depends. Hijack to me -- TO ME -- connotes a deliberate intent to stray from the topic at hand, malicious or otherwise. A different view or opinion with relevancy, no matter how some might view it, and particularly -- PARTICULARLY -- when the subjective topic heading practically begs for commentary, is not hijacking as long as it stays on topic, in my opinion. Posting pictures or comments which have absolutely NOTHING with the topic at hand can be construed as hijacking, but it still depends on the intent. If, for example, someone posts a full picture of an attractive woman with the focus of her being her cock (there's something new,huh?), and someone follows by quipping, Yeah, and look at those sexy thighs and feminine knees also..., Is that hijacking? It seems to me that some of you are blurring hijacking with preferences, and those two are two totally different things.
    To me, an example of hijacking a thread would be to come into a thread and maliciously start posting things about said woman's family, or to touch on the fact that she once had an acne problem and then proceed to post three gross pictures of some teenagers with bad acne problems, etc. That's throwing a sulfur bomb onto the disco floor, folks.

... If a poster really feels strongly about some part of a particular woman's appearance, be it her ass or acne, then nothing should come between that attraction, particularly what another might think. For example, I think the late Camilla De Castro was one of the most beautiful women anywhere period, TS or GG, and nothing -- NOTHING -- any poster posts in here will ever convince me otherwise.

One more thing: The Colts WILL WIN the Super Bowl. Now. Now. You have to agree with me or keep your mouth shut. Someone might construe your dissenting opinion as the "hijacking" of this thread.

Here's a stab toward some reasonable criteria for this: If the post is way off topic, or just plain imflamatory...why not just reset it as a new thread and see if anybody cares?

On of the major reasons people hi-jack threads is to attract attention to themselves, so they "takeover" a popular thread. Sometimes this actually makes the thread even more interesting. More often it just causes well intentioned folks to throw their hands up in the hair, slap themselves on the forehead and mutter, "WTF?" If the post were the start of a new thread, it would continue, birthed, as it were, from the mother thread. If not, well maybe it could be harvested for stem cells.

HH

Gold Poster

Ahem ...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum

I think some in here seem to think that a difference of opinion, ANY difference of opinion no matter how large or slight is inflammatory, even when it is on topic.

... Why not leave all the guesswork out of it and simply ask anyone commencing a thread from now on to post in like fashion, Exclusively For Vanity Fans Only,...Only Big Tit Fans Allowed,...No Dissenting Opinions Allowed On This Girl!...Got A Problem With This Woman, Don't Post! ? Make sense? After all, what's a forum if it isn't groupthink, right?

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Ahem ...

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/forum

I think some in here seem to think that a difference of opinion, ANY difference of opinion no matter how large or slight is inflammatory, even when it is on topic.

... Why not leave all the guesswork out of it and simply ask anyone commencing a thread from now on to post in like fashion, Exclusively For Vanity Fans Only,...Only Big Tit Fans Allowed,...No Dissenting Opinions Allowed On This Girl!...Got A Problem With This Woman, Don't Post! ? Make sense? After all, what's a forum if it isn't groupthink, right?

I think your being both pedantic and obtuse here. Obviously, a forum discussion would go in different directions, through discourse and reasonable argument.
    What we're talking about is people obviously flaming or taking a topic off-thread just for the hell of it.
    ie; a guy posts about his like of seeing tgirls covered in chocolate and sombody starts saying how fucking disgusting it is, blah blah - they could have just clicked onto another thread, their opinion was not asked for, it was an appreciation thread of for to find others with similar interests.
    seanchai