Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    5 Star Poster

My favorite games right now are the :total War series. From Shogun:Total War right through Medieval II: Total War. Basically every game I have liked has been some kind of a realistic Strategy/wargame.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

oh yeah, Need For Speed Carbon
    my favorite game this year

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ

stillies77

I love battlefield 2, Madden, NHL 2K7 and Oblivion...cant wait to pick up my Wii and Zelda...then ill probably stay off here for a while haha

Rookie Poster

Got a PS2 with a ton of games, the FPS 'Black' is amazing to play, I reckon it's one off the most realistic FPS's.

I also have an XBOX 360 with not so many games. Been playing Lost Planet which is cool but my fav has to be Test Drive Unlimited. I have almost completed it just have to do the HitchHiker Missions.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    You need to pick up a copy of Command and Conquer. Tiberian Sun and Red Alert.
    You're on!! Prepare to be tank rushed. By far one of the best games of it's time.

i second the counterstrike match

we should probibly make a cs thread just for this reason

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    Quote Originally Posted by BrendaQG
    My favorite games right now are the :total War series. From Shogun:Total War right through Medieval II: Total War. Basically every game I have liked has been some kind of a realistic Strategy/wargame.
    You need to pick up a copy of Command and Conquer. Tiberian Sun and Red Alert. Pretty sure you would like it and probably like X-Com too.

I usually purchase my games from GoGamer.com.
    Definately. But I am afraid that if I bought those many games I would never leave my computer long enough to do anything.

I would aslo mention that I have a good ol Xbox and love Soul Calibur and halo. Just not as much as my wargames.

I'm a console gamer. Most of my play gets on the xbox360, rest on ps2, and every now and again on the PC.

Go Go Go Again Again Again!

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Best PC games of all time (in my opinion):

Fallout 1 & 2 (Fallout 3 is in development, but is widely predicted to suck, even though Bethesda is making it).
    Civilization (2 was good, but 4 is by far the best, maybe the best game made so far)
    Cutthroats (great pirate sim/strategy)
    Gangsters (another great Eidos sim/strategy, it was as widely ignored as the previous one)
    Hearts Of Iron (very cool and complex WW2 sim)

I think Everquest was the best MMO so far, it was true to pen and paper AD&D and came without training wheels (originally). You got dropped into a world and had to figure things out on your own.

One of the most fun single player RPGs lately was Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines. Made by the guys behind Fallout, it was almost completely open ended and the game changed radically depending on your character build and actions in the game. I played one time through as a crazy vampire and had amusing conversations with lamp posts and a television, among other things.

I've got a couple games sitting around that I haven't loaded yet. Rise Of Nations: Rise Of Legends is probably the next one I'll try out. It's a real time strategy set in a fantasy world with loopy Davinci like technology, and different types of magic.

I don't play twitch games, so I don't really know much about that scene. I'm not a competative online player, I'm more unorthodox. In Everquest I made a nice living brewing beer (Double master level in brewing, and his alcohol tolerance was maxed). Name was Steintilter, of course.

Platinum Poster JohnnyWalkerBlackLabel's Avatar

need for speed carbon is insane IF you like driving games

the attention to detail they gave this game as far as you designing a race car is insane

and the online play with that car is alot of fun

btw, I picked up one of those ps2 to usb convertors, not bad for $6 but you have to dedicate 2 mins to setting it up for a particular game which is a pain in the ass

snɯıʇdo snʇoʇ soʌ oloʌ