Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default why do SOME black people think its ok to be racist?

I ride the subway system out here in the Bay area called BART.
    I am on it everyday and see ALL kinds of people while riding it and I observe behavior.
    Today I was riding home on a certain route that leads through some of the most affluent suburbs in Oakland and MOST of the people on the train are white and upwardly mobile.
    There were a group of 4 young women and a teenage black man together talking extremely loud.
    The 4 young women had to be in there upper teens and 2 of them had baby trollers with babies in them.
    That did not deter them from cursing loudly and using the "N" word when refering to each other.
    But the shocker was the were discussing and incedent with a white woman and calling her a "white bitch" and saying they would beat her.
    Mind you the train is PACKED with white people.
    I of course had my eyes trained on these individuals looking at them as if they were a science experiment gone awry.
    ALL the white people behaved as if they were at a tea party for the queen not saying ANYTHING and not making eye contact with these "people".

Why do SOME blacks act this way?
    This is no isolated incident as SOME black people.......MY RACE are routinely the worst behaved people on the train.
    Its SO embarassing.

There are also the people(negros) who try to sell bootleged goods on the train and the various bums,loudmouths and black racist who spew their filth on the train.

Am I wrong for stating this?
    I love my race which is why I hate the "N" word.
    That word was given to our ancestors by their slavemasters......of course the slavemaster could relate to the "N" because he created it.
    I refuse to use that word.

You hear it CONSTANTLY on the train and I can see the reaction of white people.......
    How can we as a race expect respect when we dont respect ourselves?

Because someone was mean to their great-great-great-great grandparents.

Now I can get sleep.

I know what you mean. In high school I had to take the bus home and since this route ran from Cerritos (predominately white/asian) to Compton (predominately black/hispanic), so it was mostly black students who'd get on. They were consistently ghetto (loud, obnoxious, beligerent) and embarrassed the hell out of me.

Man I hated that because I knew people would look at me, even though I was quiet, well mannered, and carried myself with couth, and judge me based on the actions of my peers. I once told them that they were embarrassing themselves, me, and our generation, but of course they just looked at me as if I were stupid and then made fun of me as if I'm the joke.

To answer your question, I don't know. Racism, reverse racism, it's all the same really. I just try to avoid ignorant people altogether and carry myself with a little dignity.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fox
    I know what you mean. In high school I had to take the bus home and since this route ran from Cerritos (predominately white/asian) to Compton (predominately black/hispanic), so it was mostly black students who'd get on. They were consistently ghetto (loud, obnoxious, beligerent) and embarrassed the hell out of me.

Man I hated that because I knew people would look at me, even though I was quiet, well mannered, and carried myself with couth, and judge me based on the actions of my peers...
    Should we ever cross paths, would you like it that I judge you by the action and behavior of a group such as you have described? Would that be fair to you? All blacks aren't like that, as you said the operative term -- "Ghetto". Those were ghetto blacks, and not part and parcel of all blacks. Each ethnic group has its trash, as trash comes in all colors, so don't paint all blacks with one broad brush. You're thinking in boxes, and that's what ignorant people do. You are already a better person than those you have described simply by taking a higher road in your behavior, so why are you posting things as if all blacks are that way?

...By the way, what color was the man who risked his life by saving a man from certain death who had fallen onto a New York subway's rails? Was his heroism working in black and white terms ?

Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me

Man I hated that because I knew people would look at me, even though I was quiet, well mannered, and carried myself with couth, and judge me based on the actions of my peers...
    Should we ever cross paths, would you like it that I judge you by the action and behavior of a group such as you have described? Would that be fair to you? All blacks aren't like that, as you said the operative term -- "Ghetto". Those were ghetto blacks, and not part and parcel of all blacks. Each ethnic group has its trash, as trash comes in all colors, so don't paint all blacks with one broad brush. You're thinking in boxes, and that's what ignorant people do. You are already a better person than those you have described simply by taking a higher road in your behavior, so why are you posting things as if all blacks are that way?

Hold up, the last thing I'm trying to do is generalize. I thought I was articulate enough, but maybe not. I know not all black youth is that way, I was talking about the ones I rode with on the bus. What exactly made you think I was generalizing?

EDIT: Hm, I guess the word "peers" came across as all encompassing. That's not how I meant it, but I'll be careful of my wording in the future.

...By the way, what color was the man who risked his life by saving a man from certain death who had fallen onto a New York subway's rails? Was his heroism working in black and white terms ?
    Yeah, I saw that. He gets much respect for being a selfless individual no matter his color, just like the 19 year old white kid in Iraq who saved four of his fellow soldiers by using himself as a shield when an insurgent threw a live grenade in the tank, at the expense of his own life.

"Can't worry about what another nigga think, now that's liberation and baby I want it."
    -OutKast

Gold Poster

Hold up, the last thing I'm trying to do is generalize. I thought I was articulate enough, but maybe not. I know not all black youth is that way, I was talking about the ones I rode with on the bus. What exactly made you think I was generalizing?
    For me, in the context of this thread, your post came across that way. My best friend is African-American, as are the majority of my childhood friends being that I grew up in a predominantly African-American neighborhood. I just get upset with anyone who paints any ethnic group with a set of broad brushes. There are ghetto whites, Mexicans, blacks, etc., for sure, but don't make it seem as if they all are that way simply based on your upbringing or isolated incidents.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    Now I can get sleep.
    Me too. The first time i agree with you.

5 Star Poster

Why is it there is a country in Africa they actually named,

Niger !?

5 Star Poster

I finally get it, White male canada! You're really, really stupid!
    Thanks for clearing that up. Next time I get into a political discussion, I'll try talking to a leafblower and see if it's any more productive than your rants here.

For me, in the context of this thread, your post came across that way. My best friend is African-American, as are the majority of my childhood friends being that I grew up in a predominantly African-American neighborhood. I just get upset with anyone who paints any ethnic group with a set of broad brushes. There are ghetto whites, Mexicans, blacks, etc., for sure, but don't make it seem as if they all are that way simply based on your upbringing or isolated incidents.

I see what you mean, and I agree completely. Often times when people find out I'm from Compton they assume we're all gang members doing drive-bys on eachother's streets every night or think we're all basketball prodigies and are surprised by how well informed, intelligent and articulate I am (not bragging, just saying).

So yeah, I know all too well that "broad strokes" is a no-no. Glad we're on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by White_Male_Canada
    Why is it there is a country in Africa they actually named,

Niger !?
    I don't know lol.

-OutKast