Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

As a fan of Queen and Led Zeppelin, I have to disagree. Plants voice was suffering Mid 1970s but after the time out it was fine again. And don't forget where Queen were emotionally and career wise before Live Aid - days from quitting.
    Zep at their peak Vs Queen at theirs - Zep would edge it on material, musicianship and performance, but I reckon Queen and only Queen would be pushing them all the way to the wire

I don't do sigs. I'll have a drink though...

Junior Poster

Vocals - Jim Morrison
    Keyboards - Trent Reznor
    Drums - Keith Moon
    Guitar - Jimi Hendrix / Clapton.

Or just the band that had Roy Orbison, Tom Petty, George Harrison and Bob Dylan in it.

Junior Poster

- steve vai -lead guitar ( STEVE VAI )
    - geddy lee - bass (RUSH)
    - stuart copland- drums (THE POLICE)
    - john bell-rythem/vocals (WIDESPREAD PANIC)
    - jim laughlen-percussion (MOE)
    - page mconnell-chairmen of the boards (PHISH)

on a good night , winton marcelis or miles davis sittin inn

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by atomic1975
    As a fan of Queen and Led Zeppelin, I have to disagree. Plants voice was suffering Mid 1970s but after the time out it was fine again. And don't forget where Queen were emotionally and career wise before Live Aid - days from quitting.
    Zep at their peak Vs Queen at theirs - Zep would edge it on material, musicianship and performance, but I reckon Queen and only Queen would be pushing them all the way to the wire
    i think jimmy page was pretty sloppy a lot, I don't think Robert Plant is btter singer than Freddie. I love the sound of John Deacons bas on the records but I think tht has more to do with the recording method than his talent, even thogh he's great bu I'mm give Jones the edge and Bonham was a much better Drummer than Roger Taylor. Also Queen were never gonna break up, I never saw any indication of that.

Professional Poster

I'm glad Queen's getting a lot of love.

Alternate Supergroup:

Guitars: Prince and Eddie Van Halen
    Drums: Keith Moon
    Bass: Ike Turner
    Vocals: Roger Daltrey

Shush girl, shut your lips
    Do the Helen Keller and talk with your hips

Junior Poster

Won't work, its been done - The Travelling Wilburys

Roy Orbison - the greatest rock and rool singer of all time

Bob Dylan - the greatest songwriter of all time

George Harrisson - lead guitarist with greatest band of all time

Tom Petty - legendary rocker, say no more.

Jeff Lynne - of elo fame, well theres always one, he was sort of aking up the numbers!

Screw You

You're all wrong!!!!!!

HAVE YOU FORGOTTEN THE MONKEES!!!!!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	171378the_monkees_posters_109.jpg 
Views:	574 
Size:	29.1 KB 
ID:	77525  

Rookie Poster

Iron Maiden

Bruce Dickinson - greatest rock vocalist ever
    Steve Harris - greatest metal song writer ever

Drums - Neil Peart (no one else compares. Someone said Tommy Lee. That's too funny)

Bass - Geddy Lee (The most amazing Bass player ever)

Guitar - Eddie Van Halen (Pre - 1984; he's blown ever since) or Alex Lifeson

Vocals - Robert Plant (when he could sing. Hasn't been able to for 30 years)

Keyboards? - Don't make me laugh. Not required.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by bigd321
    Quote Originally Posted by atomic1975
    i think jimmy page was pretty sloppy a lot, I don't think Robert Plant is btter singer than Freddie. I love the sound of John Deacons bas on the records but I think tht has more to do with the recording method than his talent, even thogh he's great bu I'mm give Jones the edge and Bonham was a much better Drummer than Roger Taylor. Also Queen were never gonna break up, I never saw any indication of that.
    You a Van Halen fan? Jimmy Page was a perfectly precise guitarist until he started smacking up, and ocninues to be spot on these days. Ironic that he got such a slating from EVH back in the late 70s (EVH having drawn heavily on Page's style too) for being "sloppy" - which is where that "Page is Sloppy" myth originates - when nowadays EVH can barely lift a guitar for all the holes in his arms.

But I digress, your main point was about Queen - from what I've read in magazines around the time of the Miracle and one non-official book, Queen weren't having the best of times getting along following Radio Gaga /The Works and the subsequent tour. There are a lot of people who believe that if Freddie hadn't have been ill, Queen would have just drifted apar. I for one am glad they didn't, as we wouldn't have had the wonderful Innuendo album, or even Made in Heaven, which I particularly enjoy lately.

One other point. John Deacon has nothing to do with Queen these days because - I have heard rumoured in several places, and on TV - some years ago (probably between A Kind of Magic and The Miracle) Roger Taylor visited QUeen's warehouse of instruments with his band The Cross, and "borrowed" one of JD's favourite bass guitars without asking...

I don't do sigs. I'll have a drink though...