Platinum Poster

Default Draft Karl Rove's Son

Draft Karl Rove's Son

If you Google "Draft Andrew Rove" you get nothing. Your search "did not match any documents." I'd like to know why. And, yes, I realize even asking this question may get my passport revoked.

Our president calls Karl Rove his "architect." The powers that be genuflect to him in a way unprecedented. But if this genius has had anything to do with the defining act of the Bush II administration, surely he is, as they say, "in it... to win it." Well I say, if you wanna surge baby, put your money where your mouth is.

Send your son.

Last June 9th, Andrew Rove graduated from a prominent D.C. school. Exactly 20 years ago, I did the same. Call me crazy, but I think I would have been bummed if, gripping my diploma, I looked up to see my dad eagerly helping to ship young men my age off to the slaughter. But Andrew Rove is exactly the age of the boys currently targeted by the military. True, perhaps he is not of the preferred socio-economic status of those his father would like to see die in vain, sweating in a foreign desert, oddly aware of the heat, just before the IED explodes, tearing them limb from limb; but he could be helpful in Centcom.

Shouldn't there be some gesture of authenticity in this latest round of bloody cheerleading? Where's the conviction that this escalation-- I mean, "surge"-- can triumph? I know, I know, we can't send the Bush twins, they're drunk. And Condi has no offspring to offer up. She's married to her, um, job. But Karl Rove, the man all too happy to take credit for the Decider-in-Chief, has the perfect candidate to show us what he really believes in. Why not send Andrew? He's not exactly curing cancer. Last I heard, he was volunteering for the Governor of Texas. And we all know where that can lead.

Maybe Karl doesn't want to risk losing another family member. It's understandable. His mother killed herself, his gay father left the family. Maybe he wants Andrew to follow his own example: In December 1969, Karl's number was drawn for the Vietnam War draft. Yet, on February 17, 1970, he was deferred because he enrolled at the University of Utah. Even though he quickly withdrew from classes, he maintained the deferment until Dec. 14, 1971. Maybe it all runs in the family.

Still, one can't help but wonder... how can Karl Rove deny his son the chance to march in the victory parade-- after the surge-- when the troops return triumphant? That, truly, will be an unbelievable day.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bill-r...n_b_38754.html

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

R U a libertard ?

isn`t it a volunteer army? damn they are sure dumb at huffington,or emotional sissies :P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gaypercent20threadpercent20congrats_454.jpg 
Views:	589 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	76702  

Platinum Poster

A volunteer army?

Ask those in the National Guard who have been called up for their third tour of duty... all thanks to the chimp-in-chief's backdoor draft...

Junior should have listened to poppy, instead of the neocons who have since deserted him...

But then again, why bother explaining these matters to an obvious cretin like yourself...

So don't wait up, zippy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chickenhawk_527.jpg 
Views:	609 
Size:	116.7 KB 
ID:	76620  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

dude listen, i don`t think bill clinton served any duty so that must make him a chickenchicken. im libertarian and think we find them,and kill them.

If you're in the National Guard it's because you volunteered. You signed on the line and willfully and knowingly become de facto property of the United States.

All volunteer.