Rookie Poster

Default does anyone remember...

ok, this question may be a little off, but it's been bothering me all weekend- Talking to a friend I was trying to remember the name of the tg bar that used to be in Times Square. This goes way back, it's been gone a while now. This place (and no, I don't mean the old edelweiss by UPS) was on 43rd or 44th down the block from the NYTIMES. I was feeling nostalgic; that place was heaven when I was a teenager in pre-Guiliani days, when times square was for adults. There were even tgirls live at the show world in the basement (how's that for back in the day!) Back then NY rivaled Amsterdam for fun, oh how I miss it! Anyway, if anyone recalls the name, let me know, thanks

the problem is...... choice

Rookie Poster

never mind, sally's 2, how could i forget? i just checked the history of shemale 70 80 90's and received the knowledge I sought.

Professional Poster Looking 4 Now's Avatar

Never liked Sally's......I was an edelweiss guy......edelweiss went 7 days a week and was always packed on the weekends

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Looking 4 Now
    Never liked Sally's......I was an edelweiss guy......edelweiss went 7 days a week and was always packed on the weekends
    Yes, I agree; Edelweiss was just a little out of the way and back then walking those couple of blocks was somewhat risky. Sally's was great because you could just happen to be walking by and suddenly one of the girls hanging out would just pull you in, which was cool. And they never asked for ID (I was 15 and never had a problem over there). Edelweiss was good to me to, I can't complain, it just got skanky at the end. Used to get really good yeao from that place, too!

Veteran Poster

Are you talking about Trapeze? It was a wonderful place, they had a stage where bands played to a mostly straight crowd, a dance floor overwhich they had high wire acts and a large room in the back where they had drag show almost every weekend. That is where I met my first transexuals and where I got to know who they were and what they were about. Foind my first TS lover there.

Veteran Poster

Are you talking about Trapeze? It was a wonderful place, they had a stage where bands played to a mostly straight crowd, a dance floor overwhich they had high wire acts and a large room in the back where they had drag show almost every weekend. That is where I met my first transexuals and where I got to know who they were and what they were about. Foind my first TS lover there.