Junior Poster

Default Older transitioners

Would anyone here consider someone who's transitioning for the first time at the age of 48+ a true transsexual?

I don't.

Why even bother at such a late age? And why are so many married to genetic women? It reminds me of a movie that came out a couple years ago called Normal...PPl will never accept the transgendered community if they think all transsexuals look like that. And it's even funnier how these older transitioners insist taking hormones alone has made them passable because they grew some breast tissue. They look and act like men and they still want SRS.lol I'm sorry, but looking like Bob Barker in a wig doesn't make you passable. Just spend the rest of your life as a man and save yourself the heartache.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

What a stupid and ignorant post.

So transsexuals whom you consider ugly aren't transsexuals - just ones that you are attracted to.
    Dumbass.

seanchai

Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

http://www.realityresources.com/

read this bunch of crap

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

There is a big political divide between the young TS and the older transitioner. But anybody starting something later is life is not going be be a successful as someone who started younger.

Think of why a woman would go back and get a college degree at age 80.
    The middle age transitioner has the same mind set.

But I'll give truplaya one point: John Goodman in a dress is not a good image for anybody's cause.

As for the link supplied by Allanah. So many of those people who are 'reformed', are self righteous jerks. They make a spectacle of hating part of themselves instead of loving all. The image we present to the world is simply the part of ourselves we love the most. But it is not all there is for anybody. There is no need to judge or hate part of ourselves, unless we are causing harm to someone else.

The film mentioned, Normal, is actually a very good tale of this avenue of the TS/TG community. The lead character is played by well-known actor Tom Wilkinson and anyone that knows the actor realizes that he is anything but 'passable' and never could be. Yet the film (And Kudos to Wilkinson for playing the role so well) was very well done and dealt with much of the stigma and prejudice that such people experience. More educational than sensational, I recommend it.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell