Page 1 of 19 12345611 ... LastLast

Default why do SOME white people think its ok to be racist?

I have to go on a little rant here.
    I know I was the one who JUST told another black person to get over rejection from a non-black tranny but....
    I just had an incedent happen and I may try to orginize a boycott(I never thought this would be something I would ever do).
    White people are in general ignorant about a lot of the facets of the "black community".
    Yet when you camly and articulately try to explain to them they become beligerant.
    WHY?
    Sometime it just sucks to be black in america.....you are always reminded you are different...people try to put you down in subtle ways.
    Racism is just a bitch.

Ok rant over

Junior Poster

Default Re: why do SOME white people think its ok to be racist?

Quote Originally Posted by Solitary Brother
    I have to go on a little rant here.
    I know I was the one who JUST told another black person to get over rejection from a non-black tranny but....
    I just had an incedent happen and I may try to orginize a boycott(I never thought this would be something I would ever do).
    White people are in general ignorant about a lot of the facets of the "black community".
    Yet when you camly and articulately try to explain to them they become beligerant.
    WHY?
    Sometime it just sucks to be black in america.....you are always reminded you are different...people try to put you down in subtle ways.
    Racism is just a bitch.

Ok rant over
    Well stop voting Bush!!

Quote Originally Posted by J
    ok, youve pretty much said nothing or nothing new...

but in all honesty, the lil we know about the black community is pretty much what the black community projects, in rap videos and other outlets...and to be quite honest, u cant really blame white people for not loving what they see...sadly, theres so much more (i hope) to the fabric of black america than the filth thats passed off as entertainment and hiphop...but even sadder, is the few black folks who take issue with this portayal of the black community...

so blame the fuckin thugs, not for creating the hate, but for giving racists and assholes legitimate gripes and thus masking the bullshit..
    I agree. Plus, it makes it seem "okay" to use derogatory language when the most popular (by record sales volumes) rap music denegrates women of color and uses the "N" word. Blame it on the people who continue to live the stereotypes rather than change the images.
    Plus...add to the confusion by saying "we want to be treated as equal", BUT we want to be recognized for our ethnicity. HUH? Why have affirmitive action? Why not take the most qualified person for the job? White, Black, Mexican, man, woman, transgender...

Why can't we all just BE and not have stupid shittin' labels? My ex says she's african american...her family is from Cuba. VERY confusing. WHO CARES? I say let's all just be good people and not worry about this crap! The more you bitch about it the more you give it life!

Racist Asshole ... I'm Banned! Professional Poster

Young black Americans would do good to look to more positive role models in their heritage. They praise the likes of Tupoc Shakur and rarely appreciate, or even know, the likes of great black Americans like Frederick Douglas who didn’t spew ghetto filth to dupe a generation into believing it’s cool to be an underclass thug. He held his head up and professed with wisdom and eloquence on freedom, dignity and equality, as a fundamental axiom deserved by every human being.

The Hip Hop generation succumbs to the ghetto, and perpetuates racism, with their jailhouse tattoos, pit bulls, spinner rims, gang attire; all of which are most immature and dysfunctional. How does one expect to gain respect from their surrounding society when they portray themselves on the surface as nothing more than a gun-wielding car thieving gangster with a horrible attitude? Frederick Douglas didn’t just rise above the ghetto; he rose above institutionalized slavery, and carried himself with a dignity and soaring mind that far surpassed the white slave owners of the day.

Tupoc, and the likes of him, do not constitute musical talent or poetic genius like most believe them to be. They are nothing more than a scourge of unbridled brat children lining their pockets with millions of dollars at the expense of their own generation. Slavery is now an institution of the black man that oppresses a young and impressionable generation (of every race!) with the servile euphemism known today as Hip Hop.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tupoc_shakur_162.jpg 
Views:	5122 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	74179   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frederick_douglas_113.jpg 
Views:	5121 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	74180  

Junior Poster

Nice job J.
    I am not a racist about color, but I am a culture racist. Is that so bad? I'm not a violent person. I dislike EVERYTHING (except their choice of cars)that is ghetto culture. If that makes me a racist, ok. If your white,latin or asian living the ghetto culture it the same thing. I could say the same thing about redneck cowboy culture. Not a thing about it that I like. There is also the "Jackass / J Springer in -your- face bad behaviour culture. Hate it.
    What I find so sad is the amount of young people that want to indentify with the above groups.
    What is just as bad as the culture is the PC card that says I cannot say anything that offends someone. I don't care if your offended. I'm offended everyday by things around me. It does not give me the right to stop you just because I'm offended. I must live with it.
    The tricky part is drawing the line as you get older. After 50 years of observing life, your a fool if you don't let your wisdom pre-judge all that comes before you. As a parent, it is my job to impart my value system to my children. Hopefully, as they grow older and wiser, they will be smart enough to judge whether my value system was on target or totally fucked-up.

so why is it "fair" that I as a Mexican male get a job over someone else who has better scores than me? Or why should someone else get a job that I am MORE qualified for?
    Oh...and just for clarification..I am NOT Mexican American...I'm just American. And I've heard PLENTY of racial bullshit regarding mexicans from blacks, and mexicans doing the same to asians.

Funny thing is sometimes people SAY it was racially motivated, but it wasn't. Sorry if your car of mexicans was pulled over by a white officer...maybe NEXT time we can schedule a mexican officer to pull you over, etc. And SO WHAT if it's racial?!?! Doesn't it make you the better person for ignoring it and NOT saying anything about it?
    If someone strikes you...offer the other cheek.

Quote Originally Posted by InHouston
    Young black Americans would do good to look to more positive role models in their heritage. They praise the likes of Tupoc Shakur and rarely appreciate, or even know, the likes of great black Americans like Frederick Douglas who didn’t spew ghetto filth to dupe a generation into believing it’s cool to be an underclass thug. He held his head up and professed with wisdom and eloquence on freedom, dignity and equality, as a fundamental axiom deserved by every human being.

The Hip Hop generation succumbs to the ghetto, and perpetuates racism, with their jailhouse tattoos, pit bulls, spinner rims, gang attire; all of which are most immature and dysfunctional. How does one expect to gain respect from their surrounding society when they portray themselves on the surface as nothing more than a gun-wielding car thieving gangster with a horrible attitude? Frederick Douglas didn’t just rise above the ghetto; he rose above institutionalized slavery, and carried himself with a dignity and soaring mind that far surpassed the white slave owners of the day.

Tupoc, and the likes of him, do not constitute musical talent or poetic genius like most believe them to be. They are nothing more than a scourge of unbridled brat children lining their pockets with millions of dollars at the expense of their own generation. Slavery is now an institution of the black man that oppresses a young and impressionable generation (of every race!) with the servile euphemism known today as Hip Hop.
    "Some" of the black community is trapped in a cycle. How can you have change when schools in the inner city aren't anything like the schools found in your white communities? They are under funded, and you have variables that affect learning. Guess what? True black history isn't taught in schools. Just because you study Black History every February doesn't mean anything at all. How would young black kids no anything about their history.

Coke and guns didn't originate from the hood people. It's an obvious fact. Violence and poverty is hard on a child. Many children don't make it out, and then they have kids. The cycle continues. They teach what they've learned to their kids. A product of the environment. You must change the environment, but with the current system of government, I see no change. I think there's a better opportunities to get out of the hood now though.

When it comes to rap music, guess what people? White America is funding the industry more then ever. Kids want a quick way out of the hood, and turn to creating music or sports. Why is that too hard to understand? Would you like to live around crack whores, and the violence. Rap is the way it is due to corporate America. Little white kids are obsessed with the music. Look at the statistics about who purchases more of the music. NWA would go on tour, and who could afford a $100 Tour jacket. Little white kids. The heads of the industry are white males. They choose what goes out there. A handful of black individuals run their own companies. Change will happen in the music, when more companies are black owned, and refuse to continue the path that the music is on.

Affirmative action is a joke, and white America complains about it. The reality is that many qualified black individuals still get turned away from jobs. Based on skin color alone. I've seen it happen many times. We live in an age of undercover racism. It's sad.

I don't like the bling generation, but how do you expect someone to act when they come from nothing. The black community hasn't recovered from slavery. Some of the bad values in the community come from slavery days. Slave masters would become breeders. The black male would become a stud, just like a horse. To produce strong black kids who would end up in the fields. So, I'm not surprised by how "some" black Fathers can't take care of their kids. It's a cycle that has never been broken. Look at the history, but that's not what white America will do though.

If anything, the white race has been more destructive then any race in the world. Some radical individuals would say that the white race was like a plague. To give an example, the white race managed to almost wipe out the American Indian. They did wipe out the Indian's soul, and it's sad to see what is left of their community.

The white race has started war after war, and the black individual is the most hated race in the world. Any insight into the accomplishments of the black race is ignored or buried by society. You hear nothing about black scholars from Africa teaching many in Asia. Why does the world like to make you believe that Egypt is not apart of Africa.

Honestly, I could go on and on, because I'm disturbed by the comments so far. I'm not even thinking straight, but I'll drop some solid facts and evidence if questioned.

You may continue to bash black America now.

Quote Originally Posted by J
    bottom line, without certain programs, black people dont have a fuckin chance to get an education or a job on par with white people...
    Ha ha! That is hilarious. Why do black people need programs to get jobs, because they’re inferior to white people? You might as well tell them that, because that is what Affirmative Action teaches.

Hey J ... you bought that lie, or justify your low station in life by blaming others for it. That's your problem.

Colon Powell had no problem rising swiftly through the ranks of the military, all the way to the White House, and he did it during the height of the civil rights struggle when black people were systematically discriminated against. When asked how he did it he simply said “My mother taught me that if I don’t make race an issue, it won’t be an issue.”

Racism is your issue J.

Quote Originally Posted by Kabuki
    If anything, the white race has been more destructive then any race in the world. Some radical individuals would say that the white race was like a plague. To give an example, the white race managed to almost wipe out the American Indian. They did wipe out the Indian's soul, and it's sad to see what is left of their community.

The white race has started war after war, and the black individual is the most hated race in the world. Any insight into the accomplishments of the black race is ignored or buried by society. You hear nothing about black scholars from Africa teaching many in Asia. Why does the world like to make you believe that Egypt is not apart of Africa.

Honestly, I could go on and on, because I'm disturbed by the comments so far. I'm not even thinking straight, but I'll drop some solid facts and evidence if questioned.
    Okay well while you bash white people as the scourge of the Earth, here’s a nice little fact for you that you missed. The majority of Africans slaves were captured, imprisoned, and sold to European slave ships by … guess who … native black Africans!

Look at a map, Egypt is firmly attached to Africa.

And as far as war-mongering white people being responsible for every war in our history, it would do you well to stop generalizing and read world history. You’ll then find that all races of humans have been warring for centuries against each other for resources and territory. I find it ironic that you blame the white man for the world’s woes and wars, when you can easily study Africa today (with all its black people) as one of the most war-torn continents in the world today.

And young black people don’t pursue Hip Hop to rise above the ghetto and the disadvantages of being black in America. They do it because it’s far easier to become a millionaire by pushing some buttons on a drum machine, babble a bunch of nonsensical drivel into a microphone, rather than study, go to college, work hard, and get paid $50,000 a year to live in middle class suburbia for the rest of your life.

Word to your mutha!

5 Star Poster

Some white people thnk it is ok to be racist because those particular white people are in fact racist. Or as the KKK puts it..They simply love white people more than other races and such.