Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    In the hearts of the kind, and in the fears of the wicked.

A number of the urban novels that you have
    suggested I have seen people reading, though
    I haven't gotten a chance to peruse them myself.

I have attempted to read The Sex Chronicles by Zane,
    but found the writing pedestrian, and the plots weak.

The sexual imagery was so-so at best.

Zane is a woman of color and I thought that her take
    on erotica would float my boat, but she doesn't 'hit the spot'.

I don't often get to read for pleasure, and when I do
    my book list is overwhelming, but on your say so I
    will give one of those a shot.

THE SEX CHRONICLES
    by Zane
    Book Hardcover
    May, 2002
    320 pages

Anyone who thinks that men are naturally more sexual
    than women is in for a shock. The Sex Chronicles explores
    every aspect of sexuality—from the romantic to the downright
    freaky—from a distinctively female point of view. ?

Veteran Poster

Way too many people who read the book get caught up on the stars that she fucked without looking at the reasons why she did what she did. Point blank, the girl was a slut for who ever had the biggest name or deepest pockets but it wasn’t so much about money and fame but a lost girl. I think that too many people ignore the lessons that she teaches in this book because of the more scandalous celeb facts. There are plenty of women just like her on all kinds of levels and we get too into judging them and downing them without understanding what drives them.

Understanding what makes a girl play herself like that could help in efforts to give young girls better self esteem. In this society that is a very important lesson that more of us need to learn. Too many girls are thrown into the woods not knowing enough about themselves, about men, about the world.

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    Women with stories like this I feel no pity for. You get what you deserve.
    The same could be said for guys and girls who naievely think that these women would change their sexually promiscuous behavior for you.

Rookie Poster

What it comes down to is there are "superheads" all over the place. They sleep with people for attention and to fit in. What talents does she have that would allow her to sustain a career in Hollywood or the music industry? Little if any. That is why she used her ability to please sexually to get in. Society chews these girls up and spits them out. However, she is not the first video ho and I am sure she was warned about her actions. The "why" part is the difference between Superhead and another promiscuous woman like say Madonna. Men of power meet superheads everywhere, all over the country. It is just a big game.

If a woman is a 'ho and a slut' for having sex with various
    men, what would you call the men who have sex with
    large numbers of women.

Would you say there is a double standard for men and
    for women?

Veteran Poster

In no way is her story some new revelation but it is a new twist on an age old issue. Because she spread her legs too many people are ready to throw her under the bus. Not enough are willing to look at what the fuck drove a girl to do what she did. There is a reason why women like her make the terrible choices that they make. There are millions of women that do what she did and her little book will never stop that. Sure, there is no exclusive lesson to be taught in this book. I don’t think you get any exclusive lesson in 99.9999% of book printed.

The insanity of how she lived will never cease but the story of a woman who has lived that life is a voice that needs to be heard. Her book shows just what happens when you do the stupid shit that she did. It amazes me that people will dog her for living such a trifling life but down her for telling other women that that kind of life is trifling and a dead end.

We can respect a man that picks him self up from drugs, crime or some proverbial gutter but a woman addicted to making bad choices with men and being promiscuous from a serious lack of self esteem (due to the way she was treated as a child) gets stepped on.

We can respect a man that picks him self up from drugs, crime or some proverbial gutter but a woman addicted to making bad choices with men and being promiscuous from a serious lack of self esteem (due to the way she was treated as a child) gets stepped on.
    There is a huge difference in selling drugs with crime. Most schools bar criminals from enrolling into 90% of the programs listed. (atleast in health care studies) So, if a man once was a criminal and tuned his life around and went to school or left the 'game' to do something positive, then that's a rarity and a very challenging move. Alot of cats can't make that transition.

Now, giving it up to every dood in the industry only because, "lacking self esteem" is a poor mask of an excuse. She knew right from wrong just like most humans do. She knew if she was hungry, she had to go make something to eat to feed herself. She knew in order to get from point A to B, that she had to catch a cab or go by foot.

If she wanted to go to college. She could've done that. She chose NOT to. So, she made her decision to;

1) Deal with abusive men

2) Have a child by an abusive man

3) Love the bad boy or thugs

4) Suck the industry moguls off

She pretty much strengthen up the generalization of, most women can't be trusted or most women are promiscuous and aren't worthy of marriage or anything serious, socially.
    Perhaps from your viewpoint, decisions
    are either right or wrong, good or evil.

You feel that a woman at a relatively young age,
    perhaps from a dysfunctional home should
    make all of the correct life choices.

The reality of life my 'young' friend is that life isn't
    black and white, but various shades of grey.

The choices aren't as simple as hooking up
    with the thug or corner boy, or marrying
    'Joe college'.

FYI, college educated men abuse their wives
    and girlfriends as well. Clergy knock up the
    women in their congregation, and commit other atrocities.

Ye, without sin, cast....

People from all walks of life make mistakes,
    the point is what do they do after commiting that
    error.

Do they learn from it, profit from it, perhaps
    point out the pitfalls to others.

That perhaps you have made some good choices
    in your life is laudable.

In your time thus far on the Earth you have gained
    much academic knowledge.

But perhaps a trait you may want to learn is empathy,
    and compassion, and to not generalize about most
    of the female gender based upon your experience with
    relatively few.

Judge not, lest ye be judged.

Quote Originally Posted by peggygee
    If a woman is a 'ho and a slut' for having sex with various
    men, what would you call the men who have sex with
    large numbers of women.

Would you say there is a double standard for men and
    for women?
    Of course, there should be. But, if women don't start throwing the salt back onto the men, then it will go unheard of.
    Please tell me want that meant. But leave out the 'cum granis salis' - latin for with a grain of salt metaphor.

I'm not as bright as I look

Is there a double standard for men and women?

Karrine 'Superhead' Steffans, what would you like to say:

http://www.karrine.com/

http://panachereport.com/website%20channel%20documents/hip%20hop%20gallery/HipHopShortStories/Karrine%20(Superhead)%20Interview2.htm

WORLD EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW:

Q: Your advice to aspiring video girls, what should they expect?

A: Expect the worst and hope for the best. The way the industry operates these days is very tricky. Most of the images and scenarios that are seen, and therefore expected, are unreal. They do not exist in the capacity in which they are shown. The lyrics and their videos are all part of a machine that runs off of the degradation of women and ignorant men. It's important for women to realize-when they step into this industry, it's make believe and they should act accordingly. I, of all people, cannot tell someone what and what not to do. All I can say is, whatever you decide, be smart. Know who are you as a woman and what you stand for as a person. Never let the people, places and things around you change your expectations of yourself. Strength and courage will get you far.

Q: If you had anything to do differently what would it be?

A: I'm not sure if I would make any changes. I am not a woman who lives with regret. Everything has made me the woman that I am today. And even though the road was rough and unpaved, it has brought me to a place of peace and understanding. But because I am at this place in my life, I can say this...If I had been given a choice on having a hard life or an easy life, and still being able to reach the same results...I would have chosen the easier road. But life doesn't work that way.

Q: What are your ultimate goals in the industry?

A: At the end of the day, all that matters is my son-and that he is taken care of for the rest of his life...based on the things that I do today. I have always been a writer and have written since grade school. I am happy to be able to use my God given talents to support my family. I have found my place as a writer and producer.

Q: Since you are referred to as "Superhead" in the industry, did you trademark the name?

A: I gave myself that name years ago as a way to cause waves, raise eyebrows, and in turn, make more money during my video days. When I made the decision to leave that lifestyle behind, I tried to hide from the fact-that girl was me. Once I began the publicity to support the upcoming books, series and film, I knew that the issue would come up again...and the world would be able to read about it. Now, contrary to popular belief, I am not a dummy, so I trademarked the word. This keeps anyone from using it without my written consent, especially in a derogatory manner. Or better yet, from some other girl, who sucks a good dick to adopt the name and make money off the legend that I created with my blood, sweat and tears...and spit.

Q: Married men vs. single men and what attracts you to a person and do you ever find yourself attracted to women?

A: Whether married or single, a man is nothing more than a man. I have had relationships with both and I don't see a difference. The differences in men doesn't lie in status, but in who they are as a man, lover and friend. The greatest love of my life (a famous man) is married and I can't hold that against him. He is a wonderful man, an awesome lover and the best friend I ever had. I am attracted to people based on who they are, from the inside out. I can see the light inside of someone from the moment I lay eyes on them. I'm sure that everyone has this spark, but some people's light, I just can't see. Every once in a while, I meet someone and all I can see is this glow and I know that's the one. That I'm going to make him a part of my life in some way. I am in no way attracted to women, in that sense. There's nothing like the heaviness if a man as he lays on top of you and the feeling you get just before he plunges inside of you. The feeling of his muscles and the scruff of his face. No woman can duplicate that, and as far as eating pussy is concerned, I have a few good men that are better than any woman I have ever had. And yes, I have had women. That's how I know I don't like them. I don't like to knock anything until I've tried it.

Q: Due to statements attributed to you and statements made about you, many people have come to the conclusion that you are a sexual freak? How would you respond to this accusation?

A: When I am with the man I love, I am all things. I am his bitch, his whore, his freak, his lover, confidant and friend. I have rarely had anonymous sex and have, in fact, loved every man that I have been with, in some sense of the word. When a man opens his life to you, when he shares his hopes and dreams, his misfortunes and disappointments and even cries to you at night, you have no choice but to fuck the dog shit out of him! There is nothing sexier than-when a man trusts you with pieces of him that he would never share with the rest of his world. That shit turns me on and it's that love, passing through the air at that exact moment, that turns me into an animal...the beast that people hear about.

Q: Famous men you find attractive?

A: Denzel Washington, Bill Clinton, Nicholas Cage, Tom Cruise, Blair Underwood and Will Smith.

Q: Are you involved in a relationship or a intimate friendship at this present moment?

A: Both. I have had a four year friendship, which tends to be intimate on so many different levels and I am also seeing someone romantically. The two men are completely different and they both bring joy to my life in so many ways. I am in love with my friend, in an almost mythical sense, and the man in which I am seeing romantically...well, I like him alot. I enjoy him and he makes me smile all day long.

Q: Biggest sexual fantasy?

A: Being totally enveloped by a man who sees me and appreciates me for who I am. Our bodies clinging together as if we were born to each other. Him loving every part of my body, inside and out, and being so turned on by my every breath. Him giving me all of him...every last inch and making me cry with joy and pain, screaming, scratching and pulsating. Begging him to stop and silently wishing that he doesn't. He's loving me in an way that will continue way after the sex is over and as we lay side by side, his only words are...let's do it again. Yep, been there, done that, still doing it.

Q: Most satisfying sexual experience?

A: When a man is inside of me and as he looks at me from above, his eyes show me that he's with me. Not just inside me physically, but that he's inside of my head, inside of my heart and that's where he wants to be. When a man cries just a little and I know that he's alive with passion and emotion. That's the best sex and I have it all the time.

Q: Ideal date with Karrine?

A: A man who is sure of himself that he can hold his own against me, without trying to compete with me. I still date, despite my relationships, and although these are friendly dates, I find that some men feel that they have to compete, either with me, or with my past. For a man to be able to spend time with me, he has to be a man for real. Peeing standing up doesn't automatically qualify you for the position.

Q: Your poster sold-out on your site, any plans to come up with more merchandise?

A: I released a new set of posters and have posters lined up for the next 3 months. I give the people what they want. The website has done very well and I will be revamping the site, making it more consumer friendly and interactive. Also, I have released the new product line for "Superhead", which is my new provocative women's line. This year it's tees and then we move into lounge wear, then soon, into men's apparel...boxers and what not. we all know...men love superhead. That covers Karrine.com and Superhead, but once the books and film are released, that's a whole different set of mainstream merchandising. Just keep your eyes on me...I've got more things up my sleeve.

Q: Favorite travel destination?

A: I'm an island girl at heart. Turks and Caicos Island, Palm Island, the Greek Islands, Barbados, Canary...any island and I'm at home...shit, even Staten Island, fuck it.

Q: Favorite perfume and fashion designer?

A: I have a gallery of perfumes and anyone who knows me knows where to shop for me. I have every Chanel scent ever made and even some vintage bottles. Cartier Musk, every Versace, Dior (Pure Poison is to die for), Tiffany, Hanae Mori...I can go on and on about perfumes..that, and shoes. My favorite designers vary from season to season depending on who's designing for whom. I've always been a Prada girl and can do anything in Armani. Gucci is a classic staple and I love Dior. But sometimes, the night calls for Yves Saint Lauren or Roberto Cavalli...I could go on and on. But don't get me wrong, my favorite day of the week is the day that I can throw on my white on whites, some CK sweats and a Gap tee, throw my hair in a messy bun and drive around LA undetected. That's what I love about this city. This is a tee shirt and jeans town and I love that. A pair of Sevens and a wife beater...that's me all day long

Q: Your favorite male rapper?

A: I am very happy to see the work that Kanye West is doing as well as the Roots and the Black Eyed Peas. My favorite artists right now are the ones who see the trap that we have fallen into as a society and that are sending messages through their music to at least try and rescue some of the young men and women who have been mislead.

Q: Who are your female role models/idols in the industry?

A: I don't have any. I don't look for anyone else for inspiration. Everything that I do has come from inside of me and I create the mold for myself, and then break it. The ideas and sequences that run through my head are unique and most people don't think as I do, therefore, how I could I use the average person as a model of any sort. That's what creates repetition and a lost of artistic appeal. So although I don't consider ayone to be my role model, I do respect the authenticity and directness of Madonna. Not to mention her audacity and business sense.

Q: How do you feel about menage a trois (three-way) sex?

A: I've had a few in the past and I have no plans on doing it again. I'm not attracted to women, so the whole thing becomes an act of power for me. I have to dominate the situation and the other woman involved. I have to be able to dismiss her immediately afterwards and therefore letting her know that she has just been used by both of us. I'm not in any rush to be in that situation again and I'm sure that my obsession with power is a sickness and I shouldn't subject any more groupies to my tyrannical antics.

Q: After appearing in "A Man Apart" with Vin Diesel, do you plan to pursue a film career or are you more comfortable working behind the scenes?

A: I really enjoy writing, producing and the entire creative process. I don't have any plans to act in the future, I'll be busy with the books, film and a series for at least a year. I could never say never again though. My experiences on "A Man Apart" was amazing and I have always loved craft, and still study to this day. But right now, I am very focused on life behind the scenes.

Q: Regarding sexual positions, do you prefer being on the bottom or the top? If you answer the top, is it because it's the power position?

A: I don't have a preference. I enjoy who I'm with and when the attraction is high, you can find yourself in the most amazing positions. Bent over furniture, on kitchen and bathroom counters, on a hotel balcony overlooking the city, shower, toilet, floor, elevator, parking lot...shit, your position changes based on where your'e fucking!

Q: Many attractive women complain about their lack of female friends, a famous black supermodel once said, due to her looks and ability to attract men, women were always envious and resentful therefore she has never had any real female friends throughout her life and she is fine with it, how do you feel about this?

A: I have some very sweet girls in my life and I love them all. Growing up, I was a tomboy and always dressed in boys clothes and hung out with boys, doing boy things. So I never wanted to have girlfriends. Now that I'm an adult, it's nice to have my girlfriends, but I still feel far removed from them. And it has nothing to do with looks or attracting men because all of that is relative and very objective. Some men may not find me attractive and may find my friends attractive. It's more to do with the way that I think and the difference in the experiences in my life. I have larger plans than most women my age and I have figured out the sequence of my goals for the next 5 years. I have different expectations out of life than the people around me, and to be honest, most of the women in my life don't meet the criteria. That doesn't mean that I don't love them and support them as a friend, it just means that we are ultimately very different and that causes space between us. To this day, my best friend is a man.

Q: Several people in the industry have commented on your business savvy, how do you react to these comments?

A: As far as my intelligence is concerned, I think that there is a major misconception about me, because I made 2 years of questionable decisions. Or just because I have had great sex with whomever I wanted, that means that I cannot be intelligent. Or because I suck a mean dick, that means I'm uneducated. The fact of the matter is-it takes a smart girl to suck a good dick. Every woman knows how important it is to please her man. How good it feels when you make his eyes roll back and his toes curl and crack. In my case, I love making a man grab his ankles in ecstasy and scream until tears roll out the corners of his eyes.. Popping blood vessels in a man's legs and causing major damage at the hottest hotel. Every woman strives to suck a good dick. Every woman should also strive to please her man in every other way. How to fuck the bullshit out of him, suck a mean dick, ride it like a champ, then get up, clean the house, feed the kids and bring in the money. It takes a smart girl to know how to keep her man at home. How to give it to him so good that he knows there's no one better. Shit, I got tired of being the best. Tired of keeping other people's husbands. Of them telling me about all the things their wives can't do or can't do well. Women as a whole need to step up their game, sexually, economically, spiritually and physically. I am a smart woman. Besides, playing dumb is always the best strategy. People will say and do anything around someone they underestimate.

Q: Many people are under the impression that your upcoming book is a tell-all book and that it will focus on your life as a video girl in the hip-hop industry, is it a tell-all book and will it focus on your life?

A: The upcoming book is being written by an international best selling author, to be announced at a later date. It will chronicle the first 25 years of my life, and a section of that does include my short and explosive stint in the hip-hop industry. But before the book gets to that point, it will touch on subjects such as child abuse, neglect, rape and the effects of media on my life. The images seen in film and music which changed my views of the world and made me want to escape my own private hell and run away to the land of plenty. The book is about looking for love and finally finding it within yourself. We'll also touch on spirituality and the importance of self worth and realization. This book is not a tell all. If I put all my cards on the table, then I'm out of the game. Never tell all, just give them enough and the story will tell itself. The story goes way beyond hip-hop. What people fail to realize is that hip-hop was a part of my life for only 2 years. There are people in sports, film, television, rock, off shore business, and even government that have graced my life and still do. Many of those I would never turn on, and there are some in hip-hop stars who can trust me, I will take their secrets to the grave... because they have been good to me. I do have a long shit list though, and those names will not be spared. It's all business, never personal. So no, this is not a tell all about other people's lives and indiscretions. It is about those who have touched my life in their unique ways and have somehow changed me. These men are all good men and I have loved them all. The industry can make you do some wicked things and become someone you were never meant to be. This book will not hide that, nor will it exploit the fact.

Q: Despite the fact you are pretty and very feminine and sexy in appearance, you have male traits in regard to attitude, relationships and business, tell us about that..

A: I am my father's clone, which is probably why my mother always tried to destroy me. As I've matured, I've realized how much like him I am and I credit that with the way I have gotten through life. We, as a family, are all very unapologetic and straight up. Hate it or love it, we are not liars nor do we hold back whatever we think or feel on any subject. We go for what we want and let no one stand in our way and if someone tells us no, we go around them until they have no choice but to say yes. Fuck 'em is the family motto...and my father is the best at telling someone to fuck off. He, by no means has lived a glamorous life. He's gone from a drug dealer to a drug addict to a pimp to a hustler to a womanizer to a multi-million dollar business man with a stable home life. He has survived a life that has killed many, only to live better than many survivors. I am my father's child, I am him, reincarnate. My father has always said that my only mistake in life, was being born a woman. If I had lived my life as a man, no one would say the things they say. I would be celebrated instead of denounced. But hey...fuck 'em.

'Joe college'.
    It isn't? But, she did just that as she mentioned in the book. She said she's attracted to the thug and bad boy types. But, yet, she decided to stay and still carry a child by him.

FYI, college educated men abuse their wives
    and girlfriends as well. Clergy knock up the
    women in their congregation, and commit other atrocities.
    But, that isn't the point. The capabilities are there but are you aware of some guy from Yale or Harvard putting his career on the line to continuously abuse his wife the sameway some corner boy would?

You and I both work in the Information technology market. How many guys do you know who are Network engineers or Database Administrators go around laying the smack down their girl the sameway some thugged out guy is? I work with 40+ technicians, not one of them have a charge of 209a or else they wouldn't be working there.

Which, explains my previous point. If she didn't want to be abused, she wouldn't roll with that type of crowd.
    People from all walks of life make mistakes,
    the point is what do they do after commiting that
    error.
    Society has never been this forgiving and never will be. Prime example are convicted felons and the job market.

But perhaps a trait you may want to learn is empathy,
    and compassion, and to not generalize about most
    of the female gender based upon your experience with
    relatively few.
    Hmm..I have been this way in the past. But, as the days go by, I notice that most women who have children by these type of men don't care about blue collar men or goal driven men. They would rather suffer than to do better. This book was a prime example of the point.

I'm not rashing out on all women. Just those who Choose to live this life style.
    Quote Originally Posted by peggy
    'Joe college'.

It isn't? But, she did just that as she mentioned in the book. She said she's attracted to the thug and bad boy types

I haven't read the book
    and don't know this woman
    from a can of paint.

I am referring to the women that you mention in your
    various posts who always seem to prefer the 'thug' to
    the decent guy.

But, that isn't the point. The capabilities are there but are you aware of some guy from Yale or Harvard putting his career on the line to continuously abuse his wife the sameway some corner boy would?
    Statistically, yes she may be at a higher risk for a tuneup
    from the thug, but I maintain that domestic violence cuts
    across all socio economic levels.

Society has never been this forgiving and never will be. Prime example are convicted felons and the job market.
    The nature of the crime and the period of time since
    it was last committed may determine if it will negatively
    impact upon someone obtaining a job.

If a person makes bad judgement decisions in their
    earlier life, but then changes their path, then I feel
    they should be judged by their present behavior.

However, it goes without saying that a person does
    not merit chance after chance, if they abuse the
    opportunity.

The judicial system recognizes this, and allows juvenile
    matters to be sealed. Further, for those that are not
    recidivists or continue to repeat their offenses, they may
    petition the court to have their records sealed or expunged.
    Additionally employers often will not inquire about crimes
    committed prior to a 5 -10 year period.

In this instance though we are more talking about women
    hooking uo with the wrong guy, getting into substance abuse,
    sex work. These may or may not ioncur legal consequences.

More often that not the harm done is more to that individual,
    as opposed to sociey. Again this would be why many judges
    are more inclined to sentence a drug offender to a treatment
    program than to jail time.

They would rather suffer than to do better. This book was a prime example of the point.

I'm not rashing out on all women. Just those who Choose to live this life style.
    I tend to doubt that any girl or woman, will say to herself that
    I want to be abused, I want drugs and alcohol to take over
    my life. I want to be forced into a occupation not of my choosing.

I maintain that this is often the by-product of some element
    of dysfunction at some stage of the individual's upbringing.