View Poll Results: Whats the deal with guy?

Voters
84. You may not vote on this poll
  • Harmless. He's a great addition to the boards.

20 23.81%
  • Annoying. His nightly attacks push down other topics.

21 25.00%
  • He's ok but he needs to be limited

28 33.33%
  • Who?

15 17.86%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spedius

I have mixed feelings on this one, but I also haven't followed many of the Spedius threads/posts. I did a bit of research and found it interesting that in at least one thread he/she/they posted the exact same post several times over several days which has the distinct aroma of SPAM.

I also understand the basic concepts of bandwidth, image volume, etc. and the concern that poses for the forum as a whole (I remember the brain damage we suffered a few months back while servers were changed/upgraded and posts archived in order to make HA a bit more nimble). So I know from whence the thread and poll come.

HOWEVER...

I have also seen a few posts where Spedius actually replied to others and had a bit of discourse, so you can be sure these comments are being read (And a bastard cousin thread is just one or two posts away from this one). Personally, I've been enjoying some of the Avatar Library thread.

That said...

I'm choosing the He's ok but he needs to be limited option, based on the multiple appearances of identical/similar posts. Yet, 'limiting' is a pretty vague term and hints at some Orwellian concept that may not fly here. Suggestion: Perhaps a detente where Spedius trims down to a couple of threads of general interest from earlier threads. If it's a matter of hawking a certain gurl, just mention her name a number of time in the thread and trust to the SEARCH function (It's worked for me! ).

Oh, and please keep the Avatar Library thread. More people should jump on that.

Lastly...

Where the hell did you get that stats page? Can I have one of my own posts?

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Is this usual ranking Users ?

Life is too short to remove the USB device safely !

Junior Poster
    In geostationary orbit around myself sipping at a cup of DM Tea

One does NOT poll forum members like this...

I for one enjoy Spedius' post, and I cannot say that it has kept me from reading other threads...

-Q-

Veteran Poster

I, for one, am glad that he has posted so many interesting pics and videos.
    As I have been told a few times, if you dont want to look at something, move on. If you don't want to look at anything a particular user has posted, dont open the link.
    If we are going to critque each poster then there are a few I would love to rate. How about those with NOTHING good to say about anyone? How aoubt those who post just to look at their name in the room? How about those who just love to fight and belittle others?
    Then you all wonder why the ladies you lust for are somewhere else.

Veteran Poster

i guess this is the 'Polls for Trolls' campaign?

Silver Poster

Thereīs no problems with Spedius. I mean, heīs not opening new threads everytime he posts, so ther shouldnīt be some traffic problems. He doesnīt post some crappy comments but pics and videos. Whatīs the problem? Itīs his CTE status?? I donīt care, itīs not my businness. Heīs not 24 hours a day here "terrorizing" us with stuff all of us wants to see or opening 20 topics every day. Let it be.

Platinum Poster

:P
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ban_him_746.jpg 
Views:	305 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	83222   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bump_141.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	17.3 KB 
ID:	83223  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Professional Poster

Doesnt the poll bars look like someone giving the board the finger??? Is it Spedius' final laugh... hmm

Rookie Poster

i got lost in this thread looking at Katie's legs...

sorry...proceed.

Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LG
    I'll agree with Smog Boy and tubgirl on this, Spedius. The fact that you keep a count makes me think you're more concerned with posting than with actually engaging in any kind of conversation- which could mean that you won't even be reading our responses.

Also, your count reveals two things. The first is that you've made far too many posts- 1250 posts in four months is simply ridiculous. You should think before you post rather than put up any old drivel.

The second point is that, in the topics you've posted, more than half the posts are by you which should give you an indication that people simply don't care enough to respond to you most of the time.

If people like Thanos and Vicki are so annoyed by you, you should take a hint.

Take a break with the posts, dude and try to pay attention to what others have to say for a while. And maybe, just maybe, get a life outside these boards.

Peace.

LG
    I agree to 100%. He seems to bee decent guy but I think he should take it more easy whit his postings.