Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    cheez Junior Poster

Default Gia Darling needs to study some more...

http://www.theync.com/h121106higs.shtml
    from the reality show my bare lady...
    Gia totally murders Shakespeare.

LOL.... It certainly does feed into some unfortunate stereotypes about adult entertainers, but you have to admit, she had a great sense of humor about the whole thing.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Rookie Poster

They sell that show on iTunes.

If you have iTunes installed use this link:
    http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...83514&s=143441

OK, OK, back up a bit.

It's pretty clear that "What's a Montague?" was written on the script they were reading.

It's clearly a setup, but c'mon, most people think Shakespeare is a wine or something. Especially in the US where the general public is so lazy and self-imposed illiterate that they have trouble getting past the front of a cereal box.

Did anyone else see the bad-timing-du-jour in the Philly Inquirer today? On the comics page is a strip called "F Minus" where one of the characters says "Shane, why are your grades so low? Are you having trouble at home?"

The front page of the same issue of the Inquirer features an article about a boy named Shane who, because of failing grades and trouble at home, blew his brains out with an AK-47 on school property yesterday.

Do you really think that anybody gives a rat's patoot about Shakespeare these daze?

Sorry, Will, but Americans can't seem to get past "Next screen" lately.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

cheez Junior Poster

still I knew this jive when I was 15.
    anybody who was educated outside the third world or that didn't grow up in a cave should at least have some idea of what they're talking about...

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cheez
    anybody who was educated outside the third world or that didn't grow up in a cave should at least have some idea of what they're talking about...
    Most of the third world scores better on education that some of the so-called 1st world - unless you're classing some states as third world.
    Your making some mighty big waves for somebody onto their 6th post, Rocky.

seanchai

Veteran Poster

all i know is that chick with the black hair is fuckin hot. anyone know who she is?

glad to be here

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    OK, OK, back up a bit.

It's pretty clear that "What's a Montague?" was written on the script they were reading.

It's clearly a setup, but c'mon, most people think Shakespeare is a wine or something. Especially in the US where the general public is so lazy and self-imposed illiterate that they have trouble getting past the front of a cereal box.
    And you're super smart, ain't ya?

Did anyone else see the bad-timing-du-jour in the Philly Inquirer today? On the comics page is a strip called "F Minus" where one of the characters says "Shane, why are your grades so low? Are you having trouble at home?"

The front page of the same issue of the Inquirer features an article about a boy named Shane who, because of failing grades and trouble at home, blew his brains out with an AK-47 on school property yesterday.

Do you really think that anybody gives a rat's patoot about Shakespeare these daze?

Sorry, Will, but Americans can't seem to get past "Next screen" lately.

Well seeing as Americans invented the Microsoft Windows and/or the Linux operating system you're using, as well as the IBM based computer systems you're using, i'd say we'll let you know where the "Next screen" is. And if you're using an Apple, same goes for you, too. And your computer mouse.... and microprocessor....

You're welcome in advance.

Get off our internet, too.

cheez Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Quote Originally Posted by cheez
    Most of the third world scores better on education that some of the so-called 1st world - unless you're classing some states as third world.
    Your making some mighty big waves for somebody onto their 6th post, Rocky.

seanchai

really?
    I used the third world primarily because they're not as likely to use white playwrights in their education and indeed they shouldn't with their own ethnic writers to call upon.
    I do think it's a shame that people in general take education as a burden they don't want to deal with. I mentioned Gia, singularly because there's a good portion of folks here who would know her. I know just about all the GG's are, but listing them might be pointless, given the fan base here.
    If I'm shaking the heavens with that, then dag I will curtail myself, because people putting themselves in a public forum such as a reality show open themselves up to this sort of scrutiny in most of the world, virtual and not.
    But posting here is not worth a flame war that I have no interest in fighting.
    If y'all are offended, take your shots, I won't fire back.
    You win...