Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Junior Poster

You’re talking about moral ?

The United States is one of only a few countries in the world that permit children to be sentenced to life without parole sentences. The Convention on the Rights of the Child, ratified by every country in the world except the United States and Somalia, forbids this practice, and at least 132 countries have rejected the sentence altogether. Thirteen other countries have laws permitting the child life without parole sentences, but, outside of the United States, there are only about 12 young offenders currently serving life sentences with no possibility of parole. 2 225 in the United-States

(… US and Somalia ?)

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2005/10/12/usdom11835.htm

In may 2002 the Bush government refused to sign the International Criminal Court (ICC) traety. Seven countries voted against the treaty : United States, Israel, People's Republic of China, Iraq, Qatar, Libya, and Yemen

(good friends of yours, I understand.)

From an another point of view, it makes the moral of the US government undoubtly questionable.

As I’ve said before, you defenitly should step back and look what you are standing on when you talk about freedom and moral equivalency… cause you guys are not doing very good in the polls.

Kofi Annan, in his final speech as Secretary-General, called for the United States to return to President Truman's multilateralist foreign policies, and to follow Truman's credo that "the responsibility of the great states is to serve and not dominate the peoples of the world". He also said that the United States must maintain its commitment to human rights, "including in the struggle against terrorism".

5 Star Poster

. ..The Convention on the Rights of the Child,

(… US and Somalia ?)

http://hrw.org/english/docs/2005/10/12/usdom11835.htm

In may 2002 the Bush government refused to sign the International Criminal Court (ICC) traety.
    Treaties must be ratified byCongress,POTUS does not have complete authority to sign and implement foreign treaties.

The USA rejects your New World order foreign courts, rejected Kyoto 95-0 and many of the rest of the UN`s NWO attempts at a world government.

The US Constitution was written by right-wing Diests, not pagan/gaia anti-christian kooks. Any wonder you`re rejected

Junior Poster

Deep interest in religion did not begin in America until the Second Great Awakening during the first half of the 19th century. Large scale religious influence in the government was almost nonexistant 50 years ago, not until the anti-communist frenzy of McCarthy’s investigations. Now, with Bush and his constituancy in power, they are making it seem like this is the way it has always been. It’s a lie.

« The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion. »
    - George Washington, Treaty of Tripoli

« Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law. »
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814.

« Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, ‘this would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.’ »
    - John Adams to Charles Cushing (October 19, 1756)

« During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution. »
    - James Madison, 1785

« My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. »
    - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason

(And this could go on…)

The founding fathers did not intend the US government to be influenced by religion. They believed that the world would be better if the influence of religion was minimal.

Also, in the 18th century, they’re was no such thing as globalization. I’m positively sure these wise men would not share your views on that issue.

5 Star Poster

Deep interest in religion did not begin in America until the Second Great Awakening.
    Great propaganda. You must be an a atheist.

« The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion. »
    - George Washington, Treaty of Tripoli
    Did Washington author that treaty with his own hand and what is the context of that statement ?

« Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law. »
    - Thomas Jefferson, letter to Dr. Thomas Cooper, February 10, 1814

Jefferson had a distaste for demoninations not Christ.Throughout his whole life he and the clergy constantly attacked each other. His Notes on Religion reveal his attitude toward the clergy.

The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth:

" They(his thoughts) are the result of a life of inquiry and reflection, and very different from that anti-Christian system imputed to me by those who know nothing of my opinions. To the corruptions of Christianity I am indeed opposed, but not to the genuine precepts of Jesus himself. I am a Christian, in the only sense in which he wished anyone to be..."

« Twenty times in the course of my late reading, have I been upon the point of breaking out, ‘this would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it.’ »
    - John Adams to Charles Cushing (October 19, 1756)
    Again as with Washington,completely out of context(see full text below)

« During almost fifteen centuries has the legal establishment of Christianity been on trial. What have been its fruits? More or less, in all places, pride and indolence in the clergy; ignorance and servility in laity; in both, superstition, bigotry, and persecution. »
    - James Madison, 1785
    Yet again,anemic attempts at taking text out of context from some atheist site in your favorites list. The Virginia General Assembly wanted to pass a bill that would subsidize religious teachers.

« My own mind is my own church. All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit. »
    - Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason
    Paine`s Age of Reason was aggressively attacked by Adams,Jay,Rush,Franklin,etc.

Adams and Rush for example,

"The Christian religion is, above all the religions that ever prevailed or existed in ancient or modern times, the religion of wisdom, virtue equity and humanity, let the Blackguard [scoundrel, rogue] Paine say what he will."

Paine's Age of Reason was "absurd and impious."

(And this could go on…)
    Why continue expose yourself as an atheist,propagandist and cut and paster like the other leftists
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	adamspercent20topercent20jefferson_391.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	103.4 KB 
ID:	73101