Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Service call to HA computer techs

I'm looking for a good (Asus or Abit or along those lines) Mobo for my two home machines. I can't find a decent ATX board with socket A AMD and AGP. I don't want to shell out money for some dual core crazy ass cpu or upgrade to PCI express yet. My AGP card is still fine by me.

Checked some local places in town, went to Newegg.com, can't find what I'm looking for. Anyone got leads on a good online place that could help me out?

Thanks guys, I'll check those links out after lunch when I get a chance. I'm working on my workshop right now, getting dirty and covered with saw dust and shit, so partlycloudys picture is pretty appropriate.

Can't be worried about motherboards when I'm cave manning it up at the moment.

AND THE LORD SAID..."THEN THEY'LL START SPEAKING IN TONGUES!!! AND THE MASSES WILL HENCEFORTH RUN INTO THE STREET NASHING THEIR TEETH AND CLAWING THEIR FACES......aND IT WILL HAVE BEGUN!!!"

What in the hoo ha. . . ?

Ezed, please don't add to my confusion regarding things on this forum lately. I honestly couldn't even log onto the forum for the last two days (until now) and I was beginning to think I had been banned for posting about motherboards or something.

Who knows?

And for the record, I did join a certain girls yahoo group today and I did post a nice little "hello" to her, because I think she's a sweetheart, despite the fact that she may have done something kinda silly recently.

(End secret transmissions)

Haha. I wonder what people new to this forum think about all the vague references sometimes. . . although they probably dont read them anyways.

Oh, and I'm getting a new mobo tomarrow, in case anyone was curious.

I'M GLAD I COULD BE OF HELP.

Sooooo. . . since so many fellow posters seem to be hanging by a thread, eagerly anticipating my new motherboard purchase. . .

it has been completed.

This is what I don't understand: it seems like all computer related hardware comes packaged with loopy shit on the boxes. Flaming skulls, monsters, spaceships. Do the marketing people really think computer users are all total dorks?

"That mobo has a fricken Spaceship on the box. Wicked "

Just a random thought for the day.

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    Quote Originally Posted by hondarobot
    Sooooo. . . since so many fellow posters seem to be hanging by a thread, eagerly anticipating my new motherboard purchase. . .

it has been completed.

This is what I don't understand: it seems like all computer related hardware comes packaged with loopy shit on the boxes. Flaming skulls, monsters, spaceships. Do the marketing people really think computer users are all total dorks?

"That mobo has a fricken Spaceship on the box. Wicked "

Just a random thought for the day.
    The graphics on the box cost more to produce than it does the motherboard that you received in the box itself.
    You're probably right, and it's not even a cool looking spaceship

Anyone who has been following my posts will notice that I'm on my work computer, because the problem wasn't the mobo after all I'd have to assume at this point both my cpu's are fried. Might be time to save up and upgrade to a Direct x 10 machine.

Oh well, gotta go hook a xbox 360 up to a video projector and full dance floor sound system now. Being at work on a day off sometimes isn't half bad. Gears Of War, here I come.

Quote Originally Posted by Unisex
    I'd have to assume at this point both my cpu's are fried. Might be time to save up and upgrade to a Direct x 10 machine.
    DX10 applications are not available and won't be for sometime to come. Unless you're counting on Vista's Aero effects as reason to upgrade. Only DX10 graphics choice is the Nvidia 8800 series that is $400+ just for the card by itself.

GLHF.
    Yes, DX10 apps aren't available yet, but a person has to plan for the future, eh?

Oh, and xbox 360 sucks. At least the controls do. I'm not a console player so maybe it's just me, but straff and vertical movement on the left thumb pad, and horizontal movement on the right is just goofy.

It's also a dangerous machine. It can lead to excessive beer drinking, trips to Gameworks, Dance Dance Revolution (I cant believe I played that) and eventually spanking strippers butts in a tittie bar.

And then you end up at work with a hangover. Masturbation and cigarettes provide some level of a cure.

I'm very talented with my hands, but that's none of your business.

As for upgrading, I honestly have no need for the high end stuff at this point. My 6800 video card suits my needs very well. I was making some screwey cartoons and want to get back to doing that, gaming I'm more of a Civ 4 kinda guy, I just don't need massive rendering capabilities at this point.

And xbox still sucks. Console games are lame.

So there. . . but thanks for the info.