Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    5 Star Poster

Default Iraq Study Group Report(AP)

WASHINGTON (AP) - The United States faces a "grave and deteriorating" situation after three years of war in Iraq, a high-level commission warned bluntly on Wednesday, recommending enhanced diplomacy to stabilize the country and hopefully permit the withdrawal of most combat troops by early 2008.

"There is no path that can guarantee success, but the prospects can be improved," the commission said after an eight-month review of a war that has resulted in the deaths of more than 2,900 U.S. troops and grown so unpopular at home that it helped trigger a Democratic takeover of Congress in last month's elections.

Portions of the report were obtained by The Associated Press.
    http://apnews.myway.com/article/20061206/D8LRCUO0E.html

Professional Poster

Default Re: Iraq Study Group Report(AP)

Quote Originally Posted by White_Male_Canada
    WASHINGTON (AP) - The United States faces a "grave and deteriorating" situation after three years of war in Iraq, a high-level commission warned bluntly on Wednesday, recommending enhanced diplomacy to stabilize the country and hopefully permit the withdrawal of most combat troops by early 2008.

"There is no path that can guarantee success, but the prospects can be improved," the commission said after an eight-month review of a war that has resulted in the deaths of more than 2,900 U.S. troops and grown so unpopular at home that it helped trigger a Democratic takeover of Congress in last month's elections.

ISG report is your basic plan for retreat and face saving. There is zero plan for "victory" in the report, and its a whole lot of proposals to appease Syria and the wack jobs in Iran. What a waste of time. America looks weaker because of it, because of our crying ex-presidents, because of partisan politics, and because GW cannot pull his head out of his ass and fight a war how it should be done. Without all the PC bull***. And thats the truth.

And in the meantime...Iran will go nuke and continue flooding Iraq with fighters and militia, and eventually make good on its threats to Israel.

Where are all the real men these days?

5 Star Poster

Default Re: Iraq Study Group Report(AP)

Quote Originally Posted by ottorocket
    Quote Originally Posted by White_Male_Canada

ISG report is your basic plan for retreat and face saving. There is zero plan for "victory" in the report, and its a whole lot of proposals to appease Syria and the wack jobs in Iran. What a waste of time. America looks weaker because of it, because of our crying ex-presidents, because of partisan politics, and because GW cannot pull his head out of his ass and fight a war how it should be done. Without all the PC bull***. And thats the truth.

And in the meantime...Iran will go nuke and continue flooding Iraq with fighters and militia, and eventually make good on its threats to Israel.

Where are all the real men these days?

Bingo !

Had to laugh today when one reporter made all those "bi-partisan statesmen" look like deer in headlights when he asked why their report is so special being that none of them, except one, ever ventured out of the Green Zone in Baghdad.

Negociate with those with whom there are no common goals!?
    Link negociations with Israel !?

So laughable is this report,it`s destined for the garbage bin.

THE ONLY ANSWER!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	download_107.jpeg 
Views:	1124 
Size:	125.3 KB 
ID:	71639  

5 Star Poster

------------------------------------------------

Name:	cover_438.jpg 
Views:	1113 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	71662  

Silver Poster

Breaking news: Saddam escaped!

Platinum Poster

Name:	shrubya_in_corner_141.gif 
Views:	1048 
Size:	35.8 KB 
ID:	72131  

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

Rookie Poster

I heard on NPR the other day that over 60 percent of the members of a popular conservative website disagreed with the ISG report and favored an increase in the use of force. The term "unleash hell" was used.

I wonder if "unleashing hell," or advocating a dramatic increase in US force is a common thought among conservatives on how to deal with the situation in Iraq.

I for one find it disturbing in 4 ways:

1) If what's being unleashed on Iraq isn't hell right now, it's at least purgatory with around 100 deaths per day and 600,000 plus since the war started. Not to mention the almost 3000 US soliders lost.

2) If we're dealing with sectarian violence/civil war and not a counter insurgency, who do we unleash hell on? The country is tearing itself apart...

3) How far do we go with "unleash hell"? Or to put it differently, how far do we go in terms of escalating the use of force. Do we consider the nuclear option? Plus it seems like madness to try to escalate the use of force when using force as the first and most popular tactic in iraq has been such a failure. For me, this line is akin to the line of reasoning that if one can't break though a brick wall with his head, it's only because he's not running fast enough.

4) This whole thing seems a little nationalist to me in the worst possible way. It feels like conservatives rush to use more force and feel justified because they are (non americans) and therefore easier to dehumanize. 600,000 people dead since '03? I wonder how many woman and children had politics that justified our taking thier lives. Isn't moral authority important? And W/O wmd, it's not as if this is about our own self preservation...

I don't know what web site called for that but they are entitled to their opinion. Just like the communist radio station you listen to (National Proletariat Radio) which is publicly funded. As far as that particular web site being in charge of national policy? I don't think so. Our mission was always to take out Saddam thus why you see 'Mission Accomplished'. The removal of Saddam, the goal of our mission has been met. Why these animals can't behave in a civilized manner after they have been freed from a life of tyranny is beyond me. Then again I wouldn't be too surprised if the communists were behind all this unrest. This stinks of pinko propagation.

Rookie Poster

So what is the conservative strategy on Iraq if it's not to intensify the use of force? If conservatives are against the 79 points the ISG put out and they don't want to intensify the use of force and they don't want to "cut-n-run" then what do they want to do? Mantain the status-quo?

Also how do publicly funded news programs like those on NPR equate to communist propaganda? I would think public funding gives NPR the freedom to report as they see fit without being beholden to anyone. Furthermore, if NPR is considered leftist or communist, who would you consider mainstream?