Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

Mine's close to home.

Martha's Vineyard. Even though the NYers are doing their damndest to ruin it. And even though I'm now one of those NYers.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I just came back from a two-week vacation, most of which was spent in London. London and Buenos Aires are my two favorite vacation destinations.

Here's why I love London so much. A friend of mine runs a pub in central London that’s fairly well known. What isn’t so well known is that the two floors above this establishment – which shall remain nameless for obvious reasons - are run as a "private," 24-hour lounge. Two words: Caligulan debauchery. Three more words: five day occupancy. Now, that’s a vacation.

-Quinn
    That place in London sounds the best so far on this thread. Wow. Everything in one place with no language barrier. You can't beat that with a stick, and you'll never have to rely on beating your own stick...how priceless is that. And they probably have great TV's (televisions) and warm towels! Quinn, any friend of yours is a friend of mine, however, I'll completely understand if you do not choose to divulge his whereabouts.

Rookie Poster

When you go to London must hangout at that SHED in West London !

BLUE IS THE COLOUR CHELSEA IS THE NAME

JOGA BONITA PELE O MELHOR

Quote Originally Posted by rico del rio
    When you go to London must hangout at that SHED in West London !

BLUE IS THE COLOUR CHELSEA IS THE NAME
    Okay, no one's going to bicycle kick me in in the balls if I say Chelsea? are they?

Quote Originally Posted by seanchai
    Quote Originally Posted by meatloaf
    Blackpool. For laughs maybe.
    Laughing on holiday is good right!
    The birds here are cheaper than anywhere in the world - practically free and after a night on the booze they don't look too bad.

seanchai

where is blackpool and what is a bird?

Quote Originally Posted by ezed
    Quote Originally Posted by Quinn
    I just came back from a two-week vacation, most of which was spent in London. London and Buenos Aires are my two favorite vacation destinations.

Here's why I love London so much. A friend of mine runs a pub in central London that’s fairly well known. What isn’t so well known is that the two floors above this establishment – which shall remain nameless for obvious reasons - are run as a "private," 24-hour lounge. Two words: Caligulan debauchery. Three more words: five day occupancy. Now, that’s a vacation.

-Quinn
    That place in London sounds the best so far on this thread. Wow. Everything in one place with no language barrier. You can't beat that with a stick, and you'll never have to rely on beating your own stick...how priceless is that. And they probably have great TV's (televisions) and warm towels! Quinn, any friend of yours is a friend of mine, however, I'll completely understand if you do not choose to divulge his whereabouts.
    It’s definitely an experience, but there are some strange things that always require a period of adjustment. For example:

1. There are no televisions or radios of any sort (though music is played in certain rooms);
    2. There are no clocks of any sort and time pieces are not permitted (you have to ask the staff if you want to know the time);
    3. There are no windows, and the lights are always low;
    4. No cell phones or communication devices are permitted;
    5. No video recording devices are permitted.

In short, you are intentionally deprived of any sensory input from the outside world (certain spas do this as well, though not to such an extreme degree). There is a single, designated staff member who serves as a point of contact for any critical inquiries form the outside world, but that’s it – and use of said service is frowned upon.

So far as I can tell, I spent nearly two insomnia filled days fading in and out of a Champagne haze, drifting between the gaming parlour (wining at pool, winning at poker, and getting massacred at snooker) and the Roman style bath. After that, a female friend and I curled up for one of the deepest sleeps I have ever experienced. That alone was worth it. Once I felt rested, I spent most of my time in the central lounge area pursuing more fleshly activities.

Debauchery filled times like that, spent with close friends I really care about, make the brutally heavy work schedule I keep worth while. Location hint: it’s not too far from the Monument.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.