Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: PASSABLE AINT A COMPLIMENT

Quote Originally Posted by EvonRose View Post
    That's very true... Being tranny pretty does not equate to passable, i would rather be passable and than tranny pretty...
    Me too. If you can't run out to the store without makeup and not get clocked, can't feel safe unless you're in a major city with an established LGBT community, or only get your validation from the TS world, you're missing something imho.

Senior Member 5 Star Poster EvonRose's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole Dupre View Post
    Me too. If you can't run out to the store without makeup and not get clocked, can't feel safe unless you're in a major city with an established LGBT community, or only get your validation from the TS world, you're missing something imho.
    Yes basing everything on looks is a bit shallow, I think theres a reason why ts strive for passable factor and most don't reach it, and any ts would be lying if they say the pass ability is not important to some extent...

Professional Poster NatashaLover's Avatar

For me being told I am passable is a compliment too. In my opinion it means that all my efforts to pass as a woman and not being clocked has finaly paid off. Why would that not be a compliment?
    Of course I understand being passable and being pretty are two different things, of course if you get both, you kick ass! LOL

Last edited by NatashaLover; 01-27-2012 at 04:39 AM.
    "Flush Beats a Full House"

"Gold is not the only thing that shines baby!"

Cool Re: PASSABLE AINT A COMPLIMENT

Passable is a word transwomen and transmen use as to affirm that they are indeed, passing as their true gender (a t-girl wants to pass as a woman, a t-guy wants to pass as a man), usually by societal standards. It's also a word used by guys who are looking for a t-girl who looks like a genetic female, but is also beautiful by societal and their individual standards.

My wife is an excellent example of a t-girl who is both passable, and beautiful.

Passable is a compliment for t-girls amongst themselves when establishing how well they are progressing in their transition, (ie. "You are totally passable! I wouldn't have known you were trans* if you hadn't told me.") but not all women are beautiful, so just being recognized as looking like a woman and not a man is not saying much as far as facial beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by NoahNomad View Post
    Passable is a word transwomen and transmen use as to affirm that they are indeed, passing as their true gender (a t-girl wants to pass as a woman, a t-guy wants to pass as a man), usually by societal standards. It's also a word used by guys who are looking for a t-girl who looks like a genetic female, but is also beautiful by societal and their individual standards.

My wife is an excellent example of a t-girl who is both passable, and beautiful.

Passable is a compliment for t-girls amongst themselves when establishing how well they are progressing in their transition, (ie. "You are totally passable! I wouldn't have known you were trans* if you hadn't told me.") but not all women are beautiful, so just being recognized as looking like a woman and not a man is not saying much as far as facial beauty.
    My point is beauty is in the beholder not everyone is going to think your pretty, but being passable is much more important to me in society because it a goal reached in a dream to be a woman. Looks fade but passability is forever! lol...

I think most girls know when they are passable like nicole mentioned, unless of course they are completely delusional. My point was that girls who are secure in their femininity don't need approval.
    their mirrors and life experiences say it all!!!

Everyones idea of beauty and "passability" varies!

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana View Post
    I think most girls know when they are passable like nicole mentioned, unless of course they are completely delusional. My point was that girls who are secure in their femininity don't need approval.
    their mirrors and life experiences say it all!!!

Everyones idea of beauty and "passability" varies!
    I agree! however I do believe in a universal pass ability where a ts can walk out the door and no one would know... That's why I think passable is a compliment...

I get it, and being passable is definitely important/wonderful... I'am just saying that the girl the op was referring to, may have not seen it that way or even found the comment condescending.
    I think we both know that some of the guys who come on here will tell you or I the same thing then turn around and tell it to a monster in a wig the same "compliment".
    thats the point I was trying to make.

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."

Quote Originally Posted by sexyshana View Post
    I get it, and being passable is definitely important/wonderful... I'am just saying that the girl the op was referring to, may have not seen it that way or even found the comment condescending.
    I think we both know that some of the guys who come on here will tell you or I the same thing then turn around and tell it to a monster in a wig the same "compliment".
    thats the point I was trying to make.
    Well that's when tranny chasing comes out of hand... lol...

indeed!
    LOL