Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by trannyfan80
    Quote Originally Posted by Realgirls4me
    Envious, yes, jealous, no.

Dude - my dictionary seems to list those two words as synonyms - care to enlighten me as to the difference ?
    We've covered this particular topic before in here, but just to try to clarify it one more time, here it goes:

Yes, there's definitely some overlap in the definitions of both terms, but Envy is what most people intend when they instead utilize jealous(y) in its place the majority of the time. That is, the terms probably should be reversed in their daily usage given how often they are misused. The term envy has become a sort of red-haired step child in our lexicon. To envy is to covet -- COVET -- another person's experience, position, or possession, etc. In this case here, we envy the guy because we covet the position he's in with a beautiful woman. We want to be in his shoes, thus we ENVY him. The question should be: Are you envious of this guy ??? Jealousy should not be anywhere in the neighborhood in this case.

Jealousy is the emotion(fear) one experiences when a threat, or percieved threat, of losing something you already have comes a knocking. You will likely experience jealousy if some guy kept spending more and more time with your girl at her job any chance he could. One definition by the Free Dictionary puts it very cogently:

Jealousy: Fearful or wary of being supplanted; apprehensive of losing affection or position...

Can you now see why the term jealousy would not apply here ?

Got that ?

yes, i wish i was him lucky bastard!

Rookie Poster

I'm VERY jealous!!! That is my dream!!! You lovely ladies out there,for Christmas (or anytime as a matter of fact)abduct me....fill me up.Don't be surprised if I return the favour. God that's hot. PM me ladies and I'll let you in on my secret. They don't call me milkbone for nothing(no,I'm not a dog either).

"Not bad....how bout' yourself"?

I just want to know how to win that lottery, so I can be next!!