Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Junior Poster

A cure for this horrible disease would be great. Next on the list of things I would love to see is the ability to directly modify the foetus and ensure that it is blond and blue eyed and that it vill do the Nazi salute before it can even speak. That is what I would call progress. Ugh...no seriously..what's next..getting rid of anyone different and putting them in a special "camp"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	arnold20schwarzenegger20nazi_207.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	11.5 KB 
ID:	163209  

Junior Poster

If liking tgirls is wrong, I dont wanna be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickman
    Us guys'd have to take Anti-TGirl vitamins followed by a "tranny chaser" chaser.
    That's a good one Quickman!

But on a more serious note.
    Quote Originally Posted by peggygee

Further, Gender Identity Disorder" (GID) a diagnostic category in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM), published by the American Psychiatric Association, is due to be deleted or revised in the upcoming DSM V. http://pn.psychiatryonline.org/cgi/c.../full/38/14/25

This revision is analogous to the de-classification of 'homosexuality' as a mental disorder by the APA

The DSM is regarded as the medical and social definition of mental disorder throughout North America and strongly influences the The International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD) published by the World Health Organization (WHO).
    Couldn't this make it much harder to get medical coverage for ts related treatments? Goverment regulations can only pay for services for defined diaganosed conditions. (At least I know that is true in the mental health field.) Then pirvate HMO's could feel justified to follow suit.

When people say....It's a choice.... that bothers the hell out of me. I've been in a relationship with a trans-woman for more than 4yrs. Who the hell would choose to put themselves through being ostracized and shunned, not only by society in general but the gay community as well.
    There are men who are in LTR's with trans-women and are NOT outcasts to their friends and families.
    To BrendaOG....I spent almost 15yrs denying my attraction to trans-women. Conforming to what society says is normal made my life a wreck. I just said to hell with what OTHER people think and my life has been better.

Veteran Poster

My problem is not that I'm a transsexual. My problem is that society can't deal with that fact.

From the article:

The failure to identify with the gender with which one was born "is a dysfunction," he (Spitzer) said.
    s/born/assigned/;

Gender is a social construct. I was born with certain sexual characteristics, society (doctors, parents, etc.) took those physical things and used it to assign me a particular social category. It's not innate, nor did I choose it, other people chose it for me. I just happen to strongly disagree with the decisions they made.