Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default DEMOCRAT calls for reinstating the DRAFT

What now, sheep?

http://www.suntimes.com/news/nation/...-mil20.article

Lawmaker wants to bring back draft
    Doing so would act as deterrent to war, he says

November 20, 2006
    BY JOHN HEILPRIN
    WASHINGTON -- Americans wou ld have to sign up for a new military draft after turning 18 if the incoming chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee has his way.
    Rep. Charles Rangel (D-N.Y.) said Sunday he sees his idea as a way to deter politicians from launching wars and to bolster U.S. troop levels insufficient to cover potential future action in Iran, North Korea and Iraq.

More at link

What now sheep? After all your bitching and moaning about "bush is gonna reinstate the draft", it's your own pig that makes that proposal.

Will you limp-wristers continue with the hysterics or finally shut the fuck up about the draft?

5 Star Poster

The democrats had infact fearmongered on that non-issue:

2004 :

Will draft fears sway voters?
    Cleland and Dean tell students that Bush would conscript them and ship them to Iraq

“America will reinstate the military draft” if Bush is re-elected and continues the Iraq War, Cleland predicted, according to an account of his speech by the Colorado Springs Gazette.

Howard Dean, now traveling the country to drum up support for Kerry and raise money for Democratic candidates, said last week at Brown University in Providence, R.I., "I think that George Bush is certainly going to have a draft if he goes into a second term, and any young person that doesn't want to go to Iraq might think twice about voting for him."
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6027815/

"Rangel wants to make the typical liberal case that adults are incapable of free choice.... He plans on turning the military from the most effective fighting force in world history to the government's biggest social engineering program.

If one wants to see the difference between Republicans and democrats, this gives a clear example. Rangel wants to solve a social ill that really doesn't exist, caused by too much choice, and use the government to eliminate all of the options available to Americans.

We can expect to see this same template for health-care "reform", entitlement "reform", and a number of other "reforms" that the democrats will now pursue."

5 Star Poster

The sheeple , strange how silent the bleeting becomes.

The Republicans called Rangel out on his kook draft bill in 2004:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2004/roll494.xml

Rangel voted against his own idea ! Kook Murtha and Stark did.

Rangel`s draft would be for the ages of 18-42. This kook wants mothers to be drafted. Obvious what this flake is up to.

Silence? Am I breaking the silence?

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo...... sheepmike... Rangel... Kerry?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	crickets_105.jpg 
Views:	717 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	69316  

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    Silence? Am I breaking the silence?

Hellooooooooooooooooooooo...... sheepmike... Rangel... Kerry?
    Rangel : " Reinstate the Draft now !!! "

Republicans: " ok,let`s vote on it. All in favor of a Draft say Yea"

Reply: Silence.

Republicans: "All those against the Draft say Nea."

Rangel: "Nea !"
    Attached Images Attached Images  

5 Star Poster

Read the fucking article, mate. The guy says:

"There's no question in my mind that this president and this administration would never have invaded Iraq, especially on the flimsy evidence that was presented to the Congress, if indeed we had a draft and members of Congress and the administration thought that their kids from their communities would be placed in harm's way''

What, are you allergic to finishing articles?

Navin R. Johnson: You mean I'm going to stay this color??
    Mother: I'd love you if you were the color of a baboon's ass.

Quote Originally Posted by LG

"There's no question in my mind that this president and this administration would never have invaded Iraq, especially on the flimsy evidence that was presented to the Congress, if indeed we had a draft and members of Congress and the administration thought that their kids from their communities would be placed in harm's way''

Yeah, I dont know where you're from but in the real world that's called

DOUBLE TALK

It was used back as far as I remember by the likes of Gary Hart and Walter Mondale up to "Whats your definition of word 'The'" Bill Clinton and "I Voted for it before I voted against it Kerry".

Let's cut to the meaning of what he really said and that is "Democrats want to reinstate the draft"

Enough said. Democrats have mastered the art of duplicity.

Name:	john_kerry_heinz_57_465.jpg 
Views:	699 
Size:	36.4 KB 
ID:	69477  

5 Star Poster

Quote Originally Posted by LG

So by reinstating the Draft now Rangel achieves what ?

Will Rangel then demand POTUS withdraw all troops,

then re-invade !?

"their kids" !? His draft ages would be 18-42. Rangel wants to draft your mom.

Rangel already had his bluff called- HE VOTED AGAINST THE DRAFT !

Quote Originally Posted by White_Male_Canada
    Rangel already had his bluff called- HE VOTED AGAINST THE DRAFT ![/b]
    Well, he voted against it before he spoke out for it. (Heh, double talk)

Name:	john_kerry_539.png 
Views:	687 
Size:	25.5 KB 
ID:	69479  

Senior Member Veteran Poster

He just wants there to be a cost for the %$@#ing criminals that have totally taken advantage of this war with their profiteering. Didn't anyone watch that scene in Farenheight 9/11 where Michael Moore is trying to find A SINGLE politician who has a kid serving in the armed forces.

:end of transmission: