Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • King of the Hill (Because I'm cool)

4 7.27%
  • South Park

12 21.82%
  • Simpsons (for old times sake)

18 32.73%
  • Family Guy (Because I hit my head when I was younger)

21 38.18%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default What's the best animated television show???

I've thought of the ones that count. The shows that largely target adult audience and are culturally significant.

King of the Hill

South Park

Simpsons

Family Guy

My vote goes to King of the Hill or South Park... but I'm voting for King of the Hill because I think it's just a better show. I also like the simpsons but they've turned Homer into a bumbling idiot and that's just intolerable. And family guy just plain sucks.

Out of those four choices, South Park wins easily for me.

However, the real answer wasn't listed there:

The Venture Bros.

Rookie Poster

i find king of the hill to be the absolute worst animated show ever created.

i voted for southpark.

Quote Originally Posted by jefff
    That would be Family Guy

Veteran Poster

Family Guy of course. "Dad whats the hole on that whale for? I'll tell you what its not for.....and then you'll understand why I can never go back to seaworld." lmao classic.

Reality is perception.

Two missing tittles:

Venture Bros

Drawn Together

My 2cents...

HH

Rookie Poster

I voted for Family Guy, but you forgot some things:

American Dad

Drawn Together

"He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man."

- Dr. Johnson

gotta be the Simpsons--that show rejuvinated the adult mainstream cartoon boom in the late 80's. It is the reason why we have those other shows.

We are the middle children of history . . . we have no great war, we have no great depression. Our great war is a spiritual war. Our great depression is our lives . . .

Quote Originally Posted by jefff

i voted for southpark.
    Cosign on both points.

-Quinn

Life is essentially one long Benny Hill skit punctuated by the occasional Anne Frank moment.

Then again, maybe if I lived in a trailer park, was married to my cousin, and had some flipper kids I might feel differently………

Ow! @ 'flipper kids'

I live in the land of six-fingered men (Surprisingly close to the "civilized world"), so I know the truth to that.

I'm glad to see that Clutch Cargo wasn't on the list.

King of the Hill has its moments, but they are brief and rare. I'll watch it, if I happen to be in a place that has teevee and there aren't any good shoot-em-ups to watch otherwise, but I wouldn't rent the vid/DVD.

South Park: I just don't get it. Really. It's totally lost on me. Some of the nomenclature has seeped into my addled brain ("They killed Kenny!", "You will respect mah authority", and "Tree fiddy" are samples thereof), but beyond that, *ZOOM*, right by me.

Well, and "Blame Canada".

Gotta love The Simpsons, though. I originally thought they were too lame and commercial (Hell, Bart keychains, coffee mugs, pens, pencils, posters, comic books, t-shirts, underoos, designer condoms...OK, I made up that last one...But they'll =do= it!) until I saw a few episodes (Having no teevee, I arrive late on the scene of such things, usually at hotels or via DVD and so didn't tune into the Simpsons until about the third or fourth season). The satire is beyond belief. As I am in tune to comics, film, etc. I was able to pick up on many asides that the average audience (Even Simpsons fans) did not. Made it extra special. Lost my mind watching the one where Seymour (As Catwoman) battled it out with the Comic Store Guy (As Klingon) over Edna Crabapple (Pronounced Crub-opple). Har! I've been there! Attended a wedding in St. Louis many years ago where the honor guard was elves and Klingons and they played Billy Idol's "White Wedding" as the bride and groom marched down the aisle.

Why all the animosity towards Family Guy? Peter's a doofus, Lois is a hotty, Chris is just plain fucking stoopid, and Meg is the brainy brat. Stewie, well, he's our next world leader. C'mon, YouTube the four Harvard speeches that McFarlane did as himself, Peter, Stewie, and "Giggety, giggety" Quagmire.

And do any of those other series have BDSM action figures of the primary characters? I thought not.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	loisinleather_842.jpg 
Views:	871 
Size:	25.8 KB 
ID:	68618  

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell