Rookie Poster

Im going de la hoya all the way

stillies77

De La Hoya has this one

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by stillies77
    De La Hoya has this one

yup, hes got better hands

better hands? nah. heavier hands, yes. if de la hoya can't stop (ko, tko) or at least drop mayweather during the fight, then floyd's going to take the decision.

anyway, here's some more press:

http://www.fightnews.com/1387.htm
    Attached Images Attached Images    

stillies77

wow he is gonna get fucked up

You know things are bad when fans are calling for not only Tyson to come out of retirement, but GEORGE FOREMAN to come out and fight Mike.

I can't get into extreme fighting or whatever it's called. It seems to lack a certain regal-ness that the old school fights at Caesers used to have.

I bumped into De La Hoya at a bar/pool room in Uptown Whittier a couple times. He was really cool but MAAAAN! Dude was a hound with the women. I'd try and move my girl away from as fast as I could when he came in the second time. He'd be talking to all the women and of course, back then he was like Walter Peyton in Chicago. He was not only East LA, but Pico, Whittier, Montebello, Boyle Heights etc. It's been said that El Camino Real was built as a highway for Spanish royalty to travel between the Spanish Missions, but it turns out that it was built for Oscar to shuttle women back and forth between Montebello and his home in the Whittier Hills.

As a San Gabrielino, I have to go with Oscar.

Junior Poster

I live in that area and for a long time Oscar was not liked at all by the community. It wasn't until recently that he has won over the majority of the community between downtown and Pico Rivera. It all started early in his career when he beat the crap out of Genaro Hernandez who attended Roosevelt high school. He was quickly labled a sell out and disliked widely and his victory over Chavez didn't help. It wasnt until the Mayorga fight when I noticed almost all the back yard parties watching the fight, were rooting for Oscar.

At this point, it just might be to late in his career and this fight could end up being a massacre. On the other hand, he has surprised us before and if he can knock him out, it could cement his legacy although he never got his win over Trinidad which he should have won but decided to "safe" it late rounds.

I always percieved the area's dislike of De La Hoya as jealousy. But then again, he did tote around many, many women. 4 babies by 4 different women, all morena's. Not something I'd be proud of, but the fact that he was so popular with the ladies was something that all us 20 somethings envied for sure.

Junior Poster

With out a doubt jealousy, he was young, famous, rich, successful and could get any girl he wanted including your own. Tfan, when I say your own I mean in general, not you specificly.