Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Party Goddess Platinum Poster AllanahStarrNYC's Avatar

OMG Gia and I are sitting here in London and we just casually found out from a congratulatory email from Wendy about the noms.

WOW- first of all I am really greatful and surprised as I was not expecting a nomination, but I am very honored to recieve one. I am really pleased with the most outrageous sex scene nom. as well.

So Gia and I would like to say thank you to all of out fans and supporters, and that we are both very happy for the noms .

Congratulations to all of the nominees as well and the best of luck.

Unfortunately, a prior engagement in Dubai might prevent Gia and I from coming to the AVN Show.

The best of luck to everyone!!!!

Hugs and Kisses- Allanah & Gia

2008 AVN Transsexual Performer Of The Year
    www.TransexualStarr.com
    www.Facebook.com/AllanahStarr

Junior Poster

Default awww

i was so hopeing you and Gia would be there well i do want to say congrats to everyone who is nominated i dont know alot about this as its my first so im just happy and excited to even be nominated yeahhh but anyways good luck to all the girls and cant waite to see youll there best of luck and youll better be ready dress wise for the red carpet mama dont play.....muahhh
    Holly Sweet

5 Star Poster

Default Re: lol

Quote Originally Posted by WendyWilliams
    Girl you are not Nancy Drew I and Joanna put those in the store and if you dont do it it AUTOMATICALLY put the last Director in ,,simple and I promise you I have NEVEr directed for them sweetie.

Keep trying.

Vicki why are you so consumed with me and my success or failures? Whether Gia, Joanna, Myself, MaleMedia, Devils, and the list goes on of the MANY companies I worked for did or didnt. Sweetie you have already won LET IT GO and move on. WOrk on your new series, your life, your success, your friendships and stop medling and focusing on others. I mean its all business and you of all people should know that...............If this was about any other person you would move on but you seriously try and make up all these stories. I am NOT going to argue with you any further, I have and have NEVER Directed or Produced for Spanky, Roxanne does that and has since 1996. And whether Gia , Joanna or MaleMedia did or didnt there were many other videos that I produced myself that were worthy and I dont need to try and justify it to you.

Wendy
    I am not concerned with your successes or failures. As I said, why would someone get the impression that you directed for someone when your own site puts your name on the video as director? That isn't me trying. That is just me pointing something out that is there, that as of my posting, your video site said was true.

My post really had little to do with you. I was stating my opinions on the process itself. I don't think people should get to nominate themselves year after year. Maybe if they do something innovative and can justify that somehow it makes sense.

You corrected me as per your nomination so I simply stated a few extensive opinions which you responded to. TS Performer of the Year should mean something and be based upon the merits of someone's performances. As as sex performer did they make the scene hot? Did they fuck good? Did they carry the scene or the tape? Was there something special they did (10 guys, 5 girls, super hot solo sex that one time)? That is why I asked if your nomination from Gia was based upon something special you did in the scene that really stood out in her mind or out of friendship or a special request from you? It has nothing to do with me picking on you or meddling.

You are taking it personally, but I am talking more about the award and process as a whole.

Ok Ill give you that but answer me this.

If Joanna, Gia , and I produce 5-7 titles a year in which we star in and shoot for NOONE else and one of those scenes were amazing to our fans and ourselves then what happens? Dont you see why a PRODUCER can nominate themselves? That would mean all that work he or she did that year couldnt be acknowledged, do you see where Im coming from?

Thats my only point.

2009 AVN Transsexual Performer of the Year!!
    2010 XBIZ TS Performer of the Year

My Website:
    http://www.hotwendywilliams.com

Blogs:
    http://www.wendywilliamsblog.com

Veteran Poster

I'll chime in here as someone in the biz. I gotta say congrats to all the ladies nominated - and although I don't keep up with the amount of releases every girl comes out with each year - they're all names I know well and ladies' whose work deserves praise.

I gotta say though the Buck Angel thing is a little weird. He may deserve his award - but just give him the damn thing then cuz he's the only one doing what he does at that level then. It's like putting the best male performer and best female performer under the same category. FTM should have their own category then.

And as far as Yasmin Lee not getting nominated I think that's bullshit. She deserves it. Lots of releases, incredible work and unbelievably popular.

Other than that - can't wait to see you all there cuz it's a good time and I'm not one for missing a good time.

Buddy

Speaking from the only other area of awards that I have experience with (The Scinece Fiction Hugos), the whole awards thing is somewhat skewed. The Hugos are little different from the Oscars, voted on by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. If you are a member of the Academy (And if Joe Blow, street peddler, has the membership fee handy, he too can vote), you have a place in the nomination process and a vote in the awards.

It is not unheard of for an individual author/artist/publisher to booze, flooze, and jacuze their way to the podium. One entity (I won't mention that they are Scientologists) uses ice cream to bribe their way to the top.

So, the basic structure of the awards system is somewhat biased. Yes, you can nominate yourself or a friend/associate. Yes, you can vote for yourself/a friend/an associate. It's common in any venue that presents awards. Is there a way to fix it? Dunno. Should we quibble about it? Pointless.

Take it from there.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Hey, Buddy, always glad to see you post.

I gotta say though the Buck Angel thing is a little weird. He may deserve his award - but just give him the damn thing then cuz he's the only one doing what he does at that level then. It's like putting the best male performer and best female performer under the same category. FTM should have their own category then.
    Agreed. Buck should certainly receive an award, but "Best TS Performer" wouldn't be appropriate on the first go 'round (Though, unless a seperate category - Best FTS or Best MTS - surfaces, this could be a test). Until such time as a specific, or general gender-variable category comes to light, AVN should consider a specific, and seperate, acheivement award for Buck.

"In times of universal deceit, telling the truth will be a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by BeardedOne
    I have no idea what she's doing in town at the moment, she's not due in until this weekend.
    Is this in reference to the Hotmovies Sex And So Much More gig?

(And yes, this is yet =another= shameless commercial plug for www.bestcoyotevideo.com , , yah, I'm a slut)
    Sure is B1, it's going on all weekend. One of our managers gave all our comp tickets away already, but the owner is trying to track down more for me.

Either way, I'll still be able to attend the after hours partys here at work. Should be fun. Oh, and if anyone read my pre-halloween post about the photo booth, Jenna apparently got her picture taken in that last night. I wonder if the scary little girl voice freaked her out as bad as it did me?

Junior Poster

Congratulatios to all the ladies nominated for this award. This is the time of the year when the industry shows appreciation for your hard work.

As for a personal prefrence i would hope to see Danielle pick up the award, she just beats Allanah becasue she put out more stuff this year.

Buck being nominated in this category is also a bit strange. I don't think he will win so there is not much harm in him being in the nominations. This way his contribution to the industry is recognised and maybe next year a FTM category could be implemented.

Lastly all the girls nominated do deserve it... and i wish them all the best of luck....

you are all still number 1 in my eyes.... especially you Vicki... (theres always 2007 to recapture your AVN crown!)

;~)

"Don’t like my women single, I like my chicks in two's
    And these days all the girls is down to roll
    I hit the strip club and all them bitches find a pole"

Veteran Poster

Good fuckin Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Another debate without much substance or interest to most of us. I think Vicki and Wendy should take a fluffer, rent a room and have a sword fight. The last one to climax wins. I will offer to film it adn maybe we can ALL be nominated!
    Seriously these fights are why so many other women left the site. Lets feel the love, eh?
    Lets concentrate on what is important, like identifying this woman!
    Attached Images Attached Images