Quote Originally Posted by Arianna
Quote Originally Posted by SC
Arianna, I'm still confused as to the issues in my post that bothered you, or were seen to be directed at you.

My post was simply an outside look into the quite unique political situation in the United States where freemarket liberals are considered the 'left'. To people actually on the left, especially outside the US, this is quite shocking.

Also, it seems you're under the impression that my original post was somehow aimed at you or meant to be divisive? Please allow me to disabuse you of that impression, because neither are true.

For now,
SC.
We basically have a two party system in the US, regardless of how accurate the labels "liberal" and "conservative" may truly be. And your post essentially bashed Democrats, who are the only likely party to restore something better than radically self-serving right-wing politics to this country. So, in light of the undeniably fascistic direction the current "conservative" administration has bullied us into for the past 6 years, which has failed miserably on every level; the slanted and abridged history lesson you've inserted into this thread is as counter-productive as it is moot. Whether or not you aimed it me, or anyone else, is immaterial. Tfan is knee-jerk neo-nazi and, imho, you should've been more concerned with exposing his incongruities than giving him any breathing-room on this thread.
Woah!

Totally offside. How is a Marxist critique of the American political context giving a fascist breathing room?

Not cool at all. I don't want to make this a pissing contest, but I've done a hell of a lot of anti-fascist work in my day (i.e. confronting the fucks physically when necessary), and your comments were totally unfair.

As for this guy, Tfan, why would I bother even addressing him? I was trying to make a point about the centrist limitations of the Democrats and the desperate need for change in American working-class politics. This is something intended to spark thought for democratic minded Americans. Frankly, I'm not worried about what Tfan thinks. He is decidedly unimportant.