Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Veteran Poster

Default Saddam Sentenced to Death by Hanging

Saddam Hussein was convicted and sentenced Sunday to hang for crimes against humanity in the 1982 killings of 148 people in a single Shiite town, as the ousted leader, trembling and defiant, shouted "God is great!" As he, his half brother and another senior official in his regime were convicted and sentenced to death by the Iraqi High Tribunal, Saddam yelled out, "Long live the people and death to their enemies.

http://news.yahoo.com/fc/World/Iraq

Figured you guys might want to know.

Reality is perception.

Junior Poster

prison would have been a better option.... his supporters will now see him as a martyr and start some more shit in his name...

well the whole Iraq sitauation is pretty screwed up another bit of news to add more fuel to an already raging fire in the Mid East....

"Don’t like my women single, I like my chicks in two's
    And these days all the girls is down to roll
    I hit the strip club and all them bitches find a pole"

Junior Poster

Now there's a surprise!

Junior Poster

He won't become a martyr since his supporters have been marginalized. And to what cause will he become a martyr?

Isn't this post in the wrong folder?

5 Star Poster
    nyc. dancing. living. smiling. laughing. again.

so, what, does that make him a hung devil? ;P

...only took billions of our dollars and thousands of lives and hundreds of lies to the american people.

fuck bush, rumsfeld, cheney, and rice. may they rot in hell.

Rookie Poster

Default And what a coincidence...

...that the verdict had been planned to come down 2 days before the American elections. I guess Karl Rove thought it would be a boost to the Re-puke-licans.

Plus those killings of Saddam kinda pale in comparison to the more than 600,000 Bush has caused to be killed in only 3 years, eh?

Banned again for being a jizzmop, oh well! Gold Poster

Default Re: And what a coincidence...

Quote Originally Posted by ztrpt1
    ...that the verdict had been planned to come down 2 days before the American elections. I guess Karl Rove thought it would be a boost to the Re-puke-licans.

Plus those killings of Saddam kinda pale in comparison to the more than 600,000 Bush has caused to be killed in only 3 years, eh?
    Totally a set-up on the Conservatives part, I'm sure they've been waiting for this moment since this whole deal was set in motion. Too bad for them that they didn't factor in meth using closeted clergymen, pedophile representatives, Rush Limbaugh mocking Micheal J Fox. . .

I suppose they didn't count on lots of things. Haha, too bad. Can't wait for election day.

5 Star Poster

Was it a coincidence that the Iraqi president 'ordered' US troops to withdraw from Baghdad checkpoints a few days ago? I'm pretty sure there's a lot more
    willingness in D.C. to let the Shia and Sunni folks kill each other over the verdict than our troops. On NPR this morning they interviewed an Iraqi man that said someone he knows is killed every day lately, and people have begun tattooing their address on their bodies so that if they are killed they can be found. He said that with Sadaam, you couldn't see a light at the end of the tunnel, but now, there's not even a tunnel. It's just carnage. And just think, it's all over whether or not some guy that's been dead for thousands of years was The Chosen One! (Don't they realize it was Eddie Murphy?)
    Whether or not you believe all this End Times talk (and personally I believe people are making it self-fulfilling), I think religious dogma and rational non-theological (read: Atheist) viewpoints are headin' for a showdown. What's such a shame to me is that if only the US had always acted ethically, then we'd not only not have all these enemies...we'd be better off financially in the long run.
    Down with Dogma! Up with Ethics!

Junior Poster

let him and G.W.B fight live on HBO before he hangs.... we will se who lives?
    The angel of deth gets both there soals.......

Rookie Poster

Speaking of which, I seem to recall Saddam Hussein challenging Bush to a debate way back when. Or was it a duel?

Either way, W would lose.