Platinum Poster

Default Veterans of Afghanistan and Iraq Wars Launch Ad

Because of Iraq

Jon Soltz

I helped form VoteVets.org at the beginning of this year to start speaking for the troops. We believe the voice of the troops is sorely lacking in the debate in Washington, and we intend to change that. One of the core purposes of VoteVets Action Fund is to educate the public on the many issues facing our troops, our veterans, and our national security.

Last month, when I saw the "ticking time bomb" ad featuring Osama bin Laden, telling Americans to be afraid to terrorism, I was furious.

Simply put, the ad is a gross perversion of the issue of national security. The Osama bin Laden ad left out one crucial detail when declaring that the world is a dangerous place - that it is unnecessarily so, because of the war in Iraq.

VoteVets Action could not sit idly by and let that ad go unchallenged. Our military is overextended because of Iraq, and as a result, we're unable to deal with the multitude of growing threats around the world. The war has allowed tyrants to use the excuse of self-defense from an unprovoked invasion to stockpile and develop weapons of mass destruction. Iraq has necessitated the lower level of involvement in Afghanistan, and from the hunt for bin Laden. Iraq and Afghanistan veterans want to set the record straight.

So, today, we are launching an ad of our own, which will be airing nationally on FOX and CNN. You can

The ad is titled, "Because of Iraq," and features three veterans of the war in Iraq - Anthony Flores of Chester, VA, Joseph Kramer of Pittsburgh, PA, and Robert Loria of Middletown, NY, who lost his arm in the war. In the ad, they say, "Because of Iraq, Osama bin Laden is still a threat.... Because of Iraq, our military is spread too thin.... Because of Iraq, there are more terrorists in the world."

It closes with General Wes Clark, who says, "Because of Iraq, America is less secure." Then, in front of a replay of the "These Are the Stakes" ad, he says, "So, if you see commercials, telling you to be afraid of terrorism, remember, it's because of Iraq."

Polling of Iraq and Afghanistan veterans has backed up the charges in the ad. In a poll conducted last month, of veterans of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, VoteVets Action Fund found that 66 percent of troops who were involved in combat felt the Army and Marines were overextended.

Simply put, America's security is at risk during this time of increased threats around the world, because of Iraq.

Americans need to know that. Americans need to know that American troops and veterans believe that. Americans need to know that America's security is directly tied to a victory and exit from Iraq that comes as quickly as possible. Frankly, nothing coming out of this Administration gives me confidence that we're on that path.

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Poe

This went over the top at "Osama Bin Laden left out one crucial detail".

I know you guys are cowards and all, but don't allow yourselves to be so cowardly as to begin hiding behind the wisdom of Osama Bin Laden.

It's like there's a war and democrats and terrorists are on the same side.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	protest_saddam_886.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	15.0 KB 
ID:	65833  

Platinum Poster

By all means, do tell us all about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm sure a chickenhawk like yourself would know more than the soldiers who were actually there.

Now run along and play with your GI Joe, chickenhawk.

Senior Member Veteran Poster

TFan, did you just call the men and women in the
    armed services, who are getting maimed and killed
    to protect you, cowards?

:end of transmission:

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by TFan
    This went over the top at "Osama Bin Laden left out one crucial detail".

I know you guys are cowards and all, but don't allow yourselves to be so cowardly as to begin hiding behind the wisdom of Osama Bin Laden.

It's like there's a war and democrats and terrorists are on the same side.
    The problem with using Osama and Saddam in the same sentence is that these 2 hated each other and its already been proven by numerous sources that there was no connection between Saddam and 9-11. Funny that these ideologues are trying to perpectuate Bush's twisted lies about somehow connecting 9-11 with the invasion of Iraq. Now our military must police this country, when Iraq and its weak military couldn't even shoot down a US helicopter when Saddam was in control under the no fly zone.

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    By all means, do tell us all about the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq. I'm sure a chickenhawk like yourself would know more than the soldiers who were actually there.

Now run along and play with your GI Joe, chickenhawk.

Even worse than a chickenhawk is a coward, and brother, if you're throwing in with Osama/Saddam/Ayatollah or whoever, you're a coward.

Democrat policy on any war that doesn't end in 48 hours is 1.) America is evil 2.) Oh those poor terrorists and 3.) "I LOVE PEACE" Peace for all! Peace at any price.

That's the difference between Republicans and dhimmicrats. We don't love peace at any price. We see a motherfucker who threatens us or our friends and we kindly request that he cease and desist and if he doesn't, we don't write letters to Kofi. We don't try and pass a global test, we murder him.

Case in point. The boi Bill Clinton had a chance to decapitate North Korea in 1993 when they declared they were withdrawing from the 85 non-proliferation treaty. Instead of standing firm and insisting that NK honor it's commitments, Bill Clinton sent Bob Galluci over to 'APPEASE' the North Koreans...... Ding! There's that word again, APPEASE.

Result?

Clinton sent over Madeleine Albright.... and I shit you not! She had in tow a bottle of California wine and a basketball autographed by Michael Jordan. Oh yeah, Clinton also negotiated a little deal with NK. "If you agree not to withdraw from the NPT, we will help you".

Clinton let em off the hook on their commitments and promises to NPT treaty..................................... then rewarded them with LIGHT WATER REACTORS

Ok, you'd think "Cool. As long as they don't pull out of NPT and as long as "everyone gets along".... no war!!!". Liberals rejoiced! Not only did we not hurt anyones feelings, but we also basked in cultural diversity!

No war
    "Feel good agreement" between yellow and white man
    They got Cali wine and Michael Jordan Basketball.

And most important for white liberals, "They don't think we're racist!"

So Clinton appeased the alligator. Liberals proclaimed "Negotiating with bullies works! For, the bully was simply misunderstood!"

But then UH OH!

US finds underground lab at Kumchang 1998! Clinton sends over inspectors who must have been asleep because the site clears inspection, even though NK was STILL enriching uranium. The year is 2000.... May.

9 months later, Bush arrives. NK policy and data is reviewed. Turns out that NK has been enriching uranium.... but finally, we have a real man in the White House.

Bush cabinet members tell NK, "Hey, we know you have a secret enrichment program". NK admits.

North Korea gets light water reactor per Clinton.... and continues enrichment anyway. Good job Willy!
    You sure drive a hard bargain!!!

Now the men have to deal with NK. Feminized democrats, in their lust for peace, dropped the ball. Flat out dropped the ball and thanks to them, we now have NK developing a weapons program alongside PAKISTANI scientists. Bilateral talks failed!

Yet faggots like John Kerry are still calling for bilaterals with the alligator.

But it's ok libs. The men will straighten this out. NK has been PWN3D by the Bush Doctrine.

Cowards.

Platinum Poster

But it's ok libs. The men will straighten this out
    LMAO...right...just like you "straightened out" matters in Iraq.

Still regurgitating the same tired old chickenhawk lies...

Next...

Quote Originally Posted by chefmike
    But it's ok libs. The men will straighten this out
    LMAO...right...just like you "straightened out" matters in Iraq.

Still regurgitating the same tired old chickenhawk lies...

Next...

Like I said, fem. Don't worry about it.