Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Discrimination

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Discrimination

Quote Originally Posted by Mirgofino View Post
    I actually have a lot of good things to say about polytheistic religions because they never tend to come up with this idea of some almighty authority (god) that anyone should just follow. Instead they mirror the absolute necessity of diversity in nature, which is not weird, since they are, often, nature-based. Nature, involving everyone and everything on this planet at least, dies without diversity.
    A generous post on your part, so thanks for that. However, Modi in India is attempting to eliminate precisely the diversity which you say Hindu's promote, or should promote. I think he will fail, but he has already caused a great deal of damage inside India and encouraged a sickening amount of violence against non-Hindus.

Senior Member Junior Poster

P. S. I can see that Stavros has added a comment, but I have blocked that profile, so there will never be a response from me to those.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

P. S. I can see that Stavros has added a comment, but I have blocked that profile, so there will never be a response from me to those.
    I'm not saying this because I've interacted with him over the years but because it's my read generally. It seems a little thin-skinned to block someone you think was merely rude in a politics forum. So he recommended a primer, which you found condescending perhaps. It's not the end of the world. Just my take but of course the feature is there for anyone who wants to make use of it.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

So it appears that having started a thread in which he asks where Discrimination comes from, he does it himself. I hope that it helps him to understand what it is that he wants to understand.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    So it appears that having started a thread in which he asks where Discrimination comes from, he does it himself. I hope that it helps him to understand what it is that he wants to understand.
    Agreed - it’s just hypocrisy

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

"Interesting" conclusion.

I assume you never say no to any stranger who contacts you on the street although you have no interest in talking to him or her, and the person starts of by being condescending, assuming that you are not "well read", basically insulting you. I say no to strangers based on that, whether it is on the street, online or somewhere else. It is something everyone is allowed to do, but call it hypocrisy or discrimination all you like.

Good luck then with never setting boundaries.

Gold Poster

It’s hypocrisy because you start a thread and then don’t engage because your ego is offended, rather than debate the content.

Just as well you are a relative newcomer to this board compared with how it used to be in the old days, your blocklist would have been very long….

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by rodinuk; 10-17-2023 at 01:51 PM.

I blocked a troll. That is my experience.

But demonize a stranger, me, all you want, while I go on living my life. Goodbye.

I don't consider myself to be a troll. I don't uptick, or downtick posts, and I have never blocked anyone. In other words, I don't discriminate.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

"Interesting" conclusion.

I assume you never say no to any stranger who contacts you on the street although you have no interest in talking to him or her, and the person starts of by being condescending, assuming that you are not "well read", basically insulting you.

Good luck then with never setting boundaries.
    If I didn't talk to anyone who ever condescended me I'd have far fewer people to talk to. Sometimes people insult me or say something I don't like but I hear them say other useful things later on.

FYI we can all see who's downvoting posts. If you do it occasionally because you strongly disagree I understand. It's the habitual downvoting of anything critical of you that makes you look a bit thin-skinned. But yeah I can set boundaries, but it's rare that I need to. Maybe for harassment, threats, bigotry. Really anti-social stuff.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.