Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pageants

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Pageants

A short clip from the pageant in Nice held earlier this month

YouTube offers the restored 4k version of Frank Simon's documentary, The Queen (196.

I cant prove it, but I think this was the first trans pageant that was ever recorded. I first came across it when a screening was listed in one of the early editions of Time Out. I actually had the second issue, but lost it, as few people at that time thought Time Out would ever expand in the way that it has.

It was also hugely influential to me personally, as there was next to nothing trans in the media in the late 1960s and early 1970s, other than appearances of Danny La Rue on television, plus his revue (which I went to see at the Palace Theatre in Cambridge Circus), and some cameo performances in some films. I don't count the cross dressing of comedians such as Dick Emery, Stanley Baxter or the Two Ronnies. I even made sure that on my first visit to San Francisco I went to Finocchio's, though it opened in 1936 so was not a venture of The Queen's start, Rachel Harlow (aka Richard Finocchio) (she is from Philadelphia and was Hostess in club called Harlow's there. See link below). Fun fact: the night I went, Bob Fosse and his wife were seated at a nearby table.

It remains a compelling film to watch, though it also shows how RuPaul's dismal Drag Race has not advanced from the 1960s, which is hardly surprising given RuPaul's lack of intelligence. Whatever.

This is still amazing. Enjoy!

A Gender Variance Who's Who: Rachel Harlow (1948–) pageant winner, model, nightclub hostess, restaurateur (zagria.blogspot.com)

YouTube offers the restored 4k version of Frank Simon's documentary, The Queen (196.

I cant prove it, but I think this was the first trans pageant that was ever recorded. I first came across it when a screening was listed in one of the early editions of Time Out. I actually had the second issue, but lost it, as few people at that time thought Time Out would ever expand in the way that it has.

It was also hugely influential to me personally, as there was next to nothing trans in the media in the late 1960s and early 1970s, other than appearances of Danny La Rue on television, plus his revue (which I went to see at the Palace Theatre in Cambridge Circus), and some cameo performances in some films. I don't count the cross dressing of comedians such as Dick Emery, Stanley Baxter or the Two Ronnies. I even made sure that on my first visit to San Francisco I went to Finocchio's, though it opened in 1936 so was not a venture of The Queen's star, Rachel Harlow (aka Richard Finocchio, b194 (she is from Philadelphia and was Hostess in club called Harlow's there. See link below). Fun fact: the night I went, Bob Fosse and his wife were seated at a nearby table.

It remains a compelling film to watch, though it also shows how RuPaul's dismal Drag Race has not advanced from the 1960s, which is hardly surprising given RuPaul's lack of intelligence. Whatever.

This is still amazing. Enjoy!

A Gender Variance Who's Who: Rachel Harlow (1948–) pageant winner, model, nightclub hostess, restaurateur (zagria.blogspot.com)

I hope one of the moderators can delete one of these entries -I cannot edit either of them as the function is not working.

I don't know if anyone else had problems this morning, but i was unable to edit the posts above, and in doing so managed to post the same post twice. It looks a mess. Site seems to be normal now.