Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Lightbulb The Latest Hot Topic: "CDC says trans people can 'chestfeed' babies"

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: The Latest Hot Topic: "CDC says trans people can 'chestfeed' babies"

Accept limitations, and lower expectations.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: The Latest Hot Topic: "CDC says trans people can 'chestfeed' babies"

I think this is probably putting politics ahead of the science.

It would be nice to see if they have actually analyzed the breast milk of transsexual woman and compared it to the breast milk of biological woman, and found it completely the same in content.

Since they didn't cite any studies, it is my guess that they have not done adequate research on a decent sized sample.

Especially since things such as the amount of fat or protein, or even antibodies in the milk will have large consequences for the breastfeeding child in question, if I were the parent in question, and if I truly loved my baby (rather than being selfish and just wanting to make myself feel better by nursing) I would hold off on more the exotic ways of feeding my child for the time being.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

My guess is that someone at the CDC has opened a file on this in case someone contacts them to ask if after their transition a Transgendered female can breast feed. They follow through various permutations with a slim data base that I suspect is not going to grow. It is thus more a bureaucratic exercise than a political campaign, but is one that the obsessed in the Telegraph, De Santis and associated neurotics will seize on as proof that we are facing the end of Western Civilization. In other words, not something to get upset about.