Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation THE GIRLS — Upcoming Trans Women-Led Horror Film Indiegogo Campaign!

Hi, everyone!! =) Been a while. So, I'm happy to announce that I have partnered with Steven Grooby, who will be coming on as an Executive Producer for my upcoming feature film project THE GIRLS! It is a trans women-led horror film inspired by the exploitation films of the 70s and 80s. You know... the kind that isn't often made anymore: It will contain nudity, sex, tons of awesome practical blood/gore effects, and let me just tell you that we did NOT hold back with the script! Everyone involved is so excited for this project, and I can't wait to show you more of what we've been working on! =)

Tagline: A once-in-a-lifetime Halloween party turns deadly for four trans women when they come face-to-face with three truly monstrous bigots.

We have a HORROR ICON attached to the project to play one of the key villain roles, and though we can't announce it just yet, we're all super stoked to have this person aboard the project! We are also currently in talks for some exciting cameos from horror's best!

We will be holding an open casting call very soon for some of the trans women leads, but coming on as the character PIXIE is Ryder Avalon!

Directed by: Krista Michaels
    Written by an all-trans woman team: Krista Michaels, Brandy Bryant, & Jessica D'Amelio
    Producers: Blair Hawkins, Krista Michaels, and Alice Wells

And attached:

Mission Statement
    THE GIRLS was originally a loose idea by director Krista Michaels to create a much-needed horror film completely led by trans women. The intent was to show the trials, tribulations, and absolute bigotry that people from the transgender community face on a regular basis, while also showing how we can rise above.

There weren't many trans-led films, in general, much less horror films that we could grow our inspiration from, nor characters to aspire to. And with that, I set out to develop a complete script with the help of an all-trans-woman writing team—Brandy Bryant and Jessica D'Amelio. Together, the three hope to deliver a story to be directed by Krista Michaels, and Co-Produced by trans team, Blair Hawkins and Krista Michaels.

Going further, we hope to put together a team of fantastic women for the crew to fulfill our dreams of delivering a great time at the movies!

The Indiegogo for THE GIRLS officially launches July 11th! But for now, you can visit both the website and the Indiegogo Pre-Launch page for more information. Be sure to get on the mailing list for all the latest news, updates, and to grab all the best perks as soon as the campaign launches!! Would you like to attend to big Halloween party, featuring some horror cameos, hot trans women, the filming of a live band! (more on this soon also), and much, much more? Would you like to be an Executive Producer? An Associate Producer? Attend the events surrounding the film? Or would you just like some swag? With your help and contributions, we can get the movie funded, and it's something we're all so proud of and super excited for! Thank you so much <3

8 out of 8 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: THE GIRLS — Upcoming Trans Women-Led Horror Film Indiegogo Campaign!

This is a hugely exciting project.

I've been approached with other ideas over the years but not wanted to follow through - but I've known Krista for some time on a professional level, and followed her on social media - and she's got the toolkit to make something fabulous happen.

I hope some of you will come along for the journey.

7 out of 7 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: THE GIRLS — Upcoming Trans Women-Led Horror Film Indiegogo Campaign!

It sounds fantastic. I am a huge fan of good horror movies.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Cool! That's quite an ambitious project. Sounds empowering.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Professional Poster

This sounds pretty dope

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Thanks, guys! Everyone involved is super excited! <3

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Signed up.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Looks to be a winner!

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

It's here! THE GIRLS Indiegogo campaign officially launches!!

Click here for THE GIRLS Indiegogo Campaign!

Veteran Poster

Congrats, love 70s 80s horror books or movies, count me in !!!🍿🍿🍿🎬🎬🎬