Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Junior Poster

Default Re: Seven Year Itch: Scratching Brexit

Quote Originally Posted by peejaye View Post
    No Obslam, sorry for any confusion, I see why it looked like that, it was intended for the Author
    No worries. Actually I think I've blocked two of them. Thankfully I don't have see the utter nonsense they type. You have to feel sorry for them as they are very sad and little people in a big world, who could not see anything you place right in front of them.

Tgirl lover

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by obslam View Post
    No worries. Actually I think I've blocked two of them. Thankfully I don't have see the utter nonsense they type. You have to feel sorry for them as they are very sad and little people in a big world, who could not see anything you place right in front of them.
    "...they are very sad and little people in a big world, who could not see anything you place right in front of them."

What has happened in front if me, and him, and everyone else in the UK since the Brexit vote in 2016 seven years ago:

2 General Elections
    5 Prime Ministers
    5 Chancellors of the Exchequer
    6 Foreign Secretaries
    7 Home Secretaries
    8 Secretaries of State for Northern Ireland
    8 Secretaries of State for Health and Social Care

In addition to which there have been three leaders of the Labour Party, and mass resignations and expulsions from the Conservative Party, and the collapse of UKIP into political oblivion.

As for Northern Ireland -no executive in operation, the Province still part of the European Unions Single Market and Customs Union.

I guess for some people they see these things, hear about them, read about them, and don't think them unusual or even relevant.

Should have gone to Specsavers?

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

You forgot to mention "The weather"

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Dating trans girls doesn't make you gay.

Says the man who voted with his feet, and left Brexit Britain for Colombia. Wise choice, perhaps for you.

At least it suggests you don't give a monkey's about the UK, in which case your views of Brexit, and the impact it has had on the UK and on the EU -the theme of this thread- can be judged to be 'irrelevant' -would you agree?

Spare a thought or two for the former leader of UKIP whose Leave.EU was a prominent actor in the Brexit Referendum Campaign in 2016. Nigel Farage is now claiming that he has had his bank account with Coutts (bankers to the Royal Family) shut down without any explanation, but which to him is 'revenge' by the 'Anti Brexit Establishment', whatever that is.

Or could it be that the banking fraternity have been so alarmed by claims that Farage has -or had- links to Putin's Russia that they no longer want his dosh? At one time, if not still today, the FBI was said to consider Farage a 'person of interest' with allegations, so far not proven, that the Clinton Emails that the Russians gave to Wikileaks were on a USB stick that Farage collected from the London Embassy which he then have to Julian Assange.

We may never know the truth of this, though it is curious that Trump begged the Russians to help him in July 2016 when he also knew the USA was under attack from Russia, confirming his status as a traitor, and Assange, possibly with Farage in the shadows, obliged. One wonders if Coutts has any links to British Intelligence, as in, gosh I really don't know about that. What we do know is that you need at least a Million Quid to open a bank account with Coutts, and Farage boasted once he made more than a million from the EU he hated so much, but whose money he loved, and loved, and loved.

If you would like to open an account with Coutts, please fill in this form-

Private form (coutts.com)

Now the irony: Farage made over a million as a Member of the European Parliament, and now it turns out he lost his account at Coutts because he no longer makes that kind of money the Bank requires. So, had the UK remained in the EU, Farage would have kept his nose stuck deep as possible in the Trough, and not have been so humiliated.

Another Brexit casualty!

Nigel Farage’s Coutts bank account closed due to lack of funds | Nigel Farage | The Guardian

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster peejaye's Avatar

Dating trans girls doesn't make you gay.

Who cares about a shameless liar like Farage? Are the decisions on accounts made by a private business now to be submitted to the Conservative Govt for their approval? Is that what ‘Take Back Control’ really means: the State in control of everything, no private enterprise free of interference?

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Fast-track visa scheme for prize-winning researchers has only had three takers:
    https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...ee-applicants/

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Fast-track visa scheme for prize-winning researchers has only had three takers:
    https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/bre...ee-applicants/
    Indeed, but as I am sure you know, given that you are following these developments closely, the UK Govt has enabled those UK based academics involved in the €95.5 bn Horizon 2020 to remain in the network of projects that run to 2027. So you see, just as Northern Ireland remains in the EU Customs Union, some parts of the UK also remain in the EU although initially the academic links were threatened.
    UK participation in Horizon Europe | Research and Innovation Services - UCL – University College London

That said, a former colleague of mine not long after the Brexit referendum decamped to Germany with a well-funded project, never to return.

The report you cite is merely another of the Brexit Govt's futile attempts to establish the UK as a Global Leader, with miniscule amounts of cash 'guaranteed'. Not only do most Brits now regret leaving the EU, a majority now want another referendum on membership of the EU albeit in the next 10 years.