Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
    Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Default Re: Donald Trump Indicted on 7 Counts

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    But am I right in thinking it is the 'Racketeering' indictment that is the most serious -or is it so broad the defence could chip away at it?
    Yes, it is serious, and carries a mandatory 5-year prison term. The defense will claim lots of things.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

That phone call can't be faked, it stands out as a pure example of the drivel that Trump believed, but also a demonstration of his attempt to reverse the people's vote. The slander of the two election workers, and the participation of others in this conspiracy makes one wonder if any of the accused will flip on Trump, or go down with him.

I am possibly surprised Cleta Mitchell is not named, as she was on the phone call complaining to Raffensperger that his office had refused to provide her with some polling data, which he pointed out would have been against Georgia's election law.

But am I right in thinking it is the 'Racketeering' indictment that is the most serious -or is it so broad the defence could chip away at it?

But I assume every citizen of the USA is equal before the law, right? Not that Lindsay Graham seems to know this.
    The phone call Donald Trump made to Georgia Secretary Brad Raffensperger back on December 2nd 2020 pressuring him to find 11,780 votes is very real,despite what he and enablers claims. Yes you are correct.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Yes, it is serious, and carries a mandatory 5-year prison term. The defense will claim lots of things.
    Donald Trump's defense can make all the claims they want,but they're ain't going to stick.

Junior Poster

The Georgia trial will be televised. "Must See TV" Who will flip? I bet Rudy Giuliani will. He doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison. There are 30 unindicted co-conspirators in this case who could still face charges later. There will be a lot of pressure on them to talk.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Warm View Post
    The Georgia trial will be televised. "Must See TV" Who will flip? I bet Rudy Giuliani will. He doesn't want to spend the rest of his life in prison. There are 30 unindicted co-conspirators in this case who could still face charges later. There will be a lot of pressure on them to talk.
    What's the deal with Mark Meadows? I don't know much about him, but he seems either a willing accomplice, or another of those deluded people who joined the team thinking they could 'control' or 'moderate' the man who will not be told what to do. And is Trump allowed to insult and abuse judges, lawyers, prosecutors and witnesses? He gets away with so much I wonder if he thinks he is immune -?

Last week I watched a football match in which the USA Women's team were beaten on penalties by Sweden. Can I state that in spite of the documented result, I sincerely believe the USA won that match? If I did so, the response would be -why?

So Sean Hannity says that Trump sincerely believes he won the State of Georgia in the 2020 election, but cannot explain why Trump believes this when all of the facts say he lost, and all of Trump's allegations about the means whereby he lost have been proven to be false. Hannity then goes on to describe the 'dual justice' system in the US on the basis it is biased against Trump whereas the evidence shows it is Trump who has been treated not just differently from other alleged felons, but favourably.

This denial of facts, of the truth has reached a point of absurdity. Hannity might as well claim 9/11 never happened, that what you saw on TV was all made up. But then, again, the question would follow: Why?

Is it so hard to admit to losing, to being wrong, to losing votes in a State they expected to win?

Sean Hannity Predicts Outcome Of Trump Trials And Names Specific GOP Challenge (yahoo.com)

Oh, the right doesn't like that team anyway:
    https://jezebel.com/republicans-cele...s-w-1850713259

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    I think he will chicken out of this stunt, given that he may be open to yet more litigation -but this is a man who hires lawyers by the dozen -and doesn't pay them, or expects the public to pay- and then ignores their advice!

I think he will chicken out of this stunt, given that he may be open to yet more litigation -but this is a man who hires lawyers by the dozen -and doesn't pay them, or expects the public to pay- and then ignores their advice!
    That has worked out fabulously for him so far, so why change? So far he only seems to have been held accountable for one lawsuit. And the rubes will keep sending him money.