Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: Bangkok to Pattaya, how does one get there?

Quote Originally Posted by last_stop View Post
    Definitely install the Grab app on your phone and get a cheap local sim card at the airport. Grab is basically Uber in Thailand.
    I always spend my first few nights in Bangkok. It's a fun city whether you're hooking up or not.
    The airport taxis cost a lot and are metered so it'll cost a bit to get to Pattaya

Taking Grab from Bangkok to Pattaya was very reasonable cost wise. And I think the journey is less than 2 hours by car if I remember correctly
    I personally found the Grab app almost useless. Had no problems at all with Bolt though.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Nikka View Post
    now I wanna go to thailand!!!
    i think you know where the nearest airport is?

Senior Member Professional Poster drongo's Avatar

Be careful not to become a member of the Pattaya Flying Club…..

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by unamasa View Post
    I personally found the Grab app almost useless. Had no problems at all with Bolt though.
    in Asia Grab is dominant and very reliable

Member Rookie Poster

Was there in February 2023.
    Grab is good for local travel.
    There are buses and they are very cheap. But now they wait until the bus is full which could mean waiting couple of hours.
    (I know a local chick that caught a bus last month, had to wait 4 hours)
    In my opinion if you are worried about saving 50 bucks on a taxi for a 2 hour journey, A holiday in Pattaya might not be the that fun for you. That’s just my opinion.

Best option is to book a taxi service before hand. If you google it you will find a few of them. Nam’s taxi is one popular one.
    It will cost around THB1200.
    Download the Line App. Send them a msg and they will provide all the info. There will be someone waiting at the airport with sign, with your name on it. They will take you to your taxi.
    Basically the driver with a private car can do the trip for much cheaper than a registered taxi, but their English isn’t so great. So there are middle men (or women like Nam) that take a cut to take bookings on behalf of the drivers. Driver takes you from Bkk to Pattaya. Gets another going to Bkk or stays there and works grab for day or two.
    If you find a driver that can speak a little English, (or have someone who can speak Thai, like I had) you can get his Line and book him directly next time, this will save you couple of hundred Bath. Again not really worth that much to you but if you like the driver and the vehicle you can do it, still pay him the same and he gets little extra money in his pocket.

Last edited by incognito_bot; 04-24-2023 at 03:59 PM.

Member Rookie Poster

Also there’s a youtube channel called Buzzin Pattaya. They have a Discord server you can join. It’s got channels about pretty much anything you need to know

just take the bus

Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fishindave View Post
    I'm looking at a Thai trip next year and want to taste all of the flavors it has to offer, literally. Flights from the West Coast into Bangkok aren't bad, but flights from the West Coast to Pattaya are expensive.

As I've researched the perks of one city over the other, Pattaya stands out as by far the best for a hookup. Anyone have any experience traveling there? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as well as good places to hit while I'm there.
    If you go to Bangkok you need to go to Nana Plaza at least once as there is one go-go bar with the most beautiful ladyboys in Thailand.

My new Thai girlfriend said "A small penis shouldn't be a problem in a loving relationship."

I still wish she didn't have one.