Page 1 of 13 12345611 ... LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default So real men don't drink Bud Light?

I see the latest cause among transphobic right-wing wackos is to boycott Bud Light because a transgender influencer was involved in one of their promotional campaigns. Presumably, these are the same people who complain about cancel culture.
    https://www.vox.com/money/2023/4/12/...is-tritt-trans

And what does any self-respecting right-wing wacko do when sees something he doesn't like? That's right, he get out his automatic weapon and shoots it up.
    https://www.newsweek.com/kid-rock-mo...-queen-1793067

Of course, if these people were real beer lovers they would not be drinking Bud Light in the first place.

2 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster Murmdrum's Avatar

Default Re: So real men don't drink Bud Light?

No one with taste buds drank bud light looooong before this foolishness lol

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I think this is the canary in the coal mine moment that those helping push the radical transsexual agenda should pay attention to, or hurt the cause they are trying to help.

Regular folks are sick of Dylan Mulvaney being pushed down our collective throats. It is beyond me why (other than misguided wokeness), that someone thought it would be a good idea to have Dylan celebrated on a beer can.

Dylan and his noxious "Days of Girlhood" are particularly cringe. It doesn't set well with most of us when an adult tries to pretend to be an adolescent or pre-adolescent. And before I get labeled as transphobic, I have a similar reaction to Peewee Herman.

The above marketing faux pas combined with the recent push to normalize transsexuals in Women's sports and Drag queen story hours, are helping create a backlash against trans folks that just want to live their lives.

The transsexual community would be ahead in the long-term to dial things back a bit.

Just my 2 cents.

3 out of 7 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

How is Dylan Mulvaney being pushed down anyone's throat? I've only seen the controversy over this campaign. I haven't seen one of the ads. It's a fucking commercial, anyway. How does that have a major impact on anyone's life? No one is compelled to buy Bud Light.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Platinum Poster

As a wine and whisky drinker, I don't know if Bud Light is any better or worse than its original version, but then I am not sure how to define what a 'Real Man' is either. At one time, probably the 1950s, it would have been 'He Man', which only complicates the implosion of nouns and pronouns, and that is before we get into the TRANSitive verbs and inTRANSitive verbs.

Funny old world, innit?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    How is Dylan Mulvaney being pushed down anyone's throat? I've only seen the controversy over this campaign. I haven't seen one of the ads. It's a fucking commercial, anyway. How does that have a major impact on anyone's life? No one is compelled to buy Bud Light.
    As you can probably guess that as a many year member of the HA forum, I'm generally sympathetic towards transgender issues. I've only known about Dylan for a month or two, and even being attracted to MTfs, I think he is cringe.

Dylan (and I personally wish her the best) in being awarded advertising contracts where she alienates customers is actually being exploited in pursuit of the woke agenda.

I forecast rocky shoals ahead for Dylan personally. Monetarily she may come out ahead, but mental health wise I assume she comes out on the losing end. In the long term, I think a more low key transition might have been best.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mildcigar_2001 View Post
    Dylan (and I personally wish her the best) in being awarded advertising contracts where she alienates customers is actually being exploited in pursuit of the woke agenda.
    Spoken like one who truly wishes another the best.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Gold Poster

As you can probably guess that as a many year member of the HA forum, I'm generally sympathetic towards transgender issues. I've only known about Dylan for a month or two, and even being attracted to MTfs, I think he is cringe.
    As you probably know the people who agree with you are not sympathetic to transgender issues and use violent and dehumanizing language when talking about transgender people. The fact that you think a transgender woman advertising a beer brand is reason to boycott the brand makes you cringe. I'll give you this. It takes some balls to post on a transgender forum and weigh in on behalf of people who openly hate the people you claim to be "sympathetic" to.

Do you think the people leading this boycott object to Dylan bc of where Dylan is in her transition or because they are offended that a transgender woman is given any publicity at all? If you think it's the former you're exactly as dumb as I think you are.

2 out of 4 members liked this post.
    Last edited by broncofan; 04-14-2023 at 01:16 AM.

As I think I said in my earlier in this thread, Dylan has been cringe to me because of his Days of Girlhood persona. It's creepy to me that an adult is trying to portray an adolescent girl.

It also doesn't help that he doesn't appear to be very far along in his transition (the hormones [if he is taking any] don't appear to have kicked in yet.

As for people objecting to Dylan, I don't think a majority of them hate trans folks. I think most definitely don't like the radical trans agenda (and that I agree on them with).

As for having the balls to post on a forum such as HA. I guess I grew up in a time when even Liberals weren't afraid of an open discussion of the issues of the day.

Transsexuals as a group would be far better off if their radical fringe dialed things back. If they don't, I think there likely will be a very serious backlash. This will be far beyond a beer boycott.

It would be interesting to get some off the record views that the average TS has of things like Drag Queen story hours. I think it would have to be off the record, or they would get pounded by the radical elements of the TS community. God forbid if anyone departs from the orthodoxy.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Gold Poster

As for people objecting to Dylan, I don't think a majority of them hate trans folks. I think most definitely don't like the radical trans agenda (and that I agree on them with).

As for having the balls to post on a forum such as HA. I guess I grew up in a time when even Liberals weren't afraid of an open discussion of the issues of the day.

Transsexuals as a group would be far better off if their radical fringe dialed things back. If they don't, I think there likely will be a very serious backlash. This will be far beyond a beer boycott.
    You said "I don't think a majority of them hate trans folks." Yet here they are boycotting a beer brand not because of anything controversial but because a transsexual is part of a promotional campaign. That's it. I've also seen what many of them have to say about transgender people. Horrific insinuations, scapegoating, and vilification. I don't even want to repeat the lies.

You say you don't think it should take balls to discuss these issues because liberals used to be open-minded. Yet the only issue here is whether a transgender woman should be part of a promotional campaign. That's an existential issue that concerns whether transgender people are permitted to be a part of public life. Don't be dishonest about it. I'm not claiming there's nobody who wants a legitimate discussion about any number of topics dealing with transgender women and sports, but you shouldn't try to shoehorn those issues in here.

I will also note you misgender Dylan twice and I don't really understand the backlash comments. If transgender people appear in ads there will be serious backlash? Who would be to blame for that? I think it's audacity to blame a minority group for not heeding the threats of bigoted people who insist they stay out of the public sphere.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.