Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Junior Member Rookie Poster

Default Trans Dating Sites

I'm in a complicated situation right now, that I am trying my best to change. If I can do that I want to start a relationship with a pre-op/non op trans woman. I've eventually at the age of 53 grown up to be honest with myself that this is my "type" of woman. I'm not a total noob to the trans dating scene but one "relationship" no more than a handful of dates, makes me far from an expert.

I live in Calgary where there is literally zero trans community that I can find, there is next to no chance of me bumping into a transwoman in the supermarket or on our commute to work. It's basically the back end of nowhere and miles from other civilization.

So I thought that I should try looking on trans dating sites to see if I could meet someone. For the short term friendships and perhaps hook ups (although that's really not my thing) is what I'm after but if I can free myself from my situation I'm really looking for a long term relationship.

I've become very frustrated with what is out there in terms of trans dating sites and posting this here in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. A lot of the sites seem re-skinned versions of the same one, the one promoted on this forum, is the same site with the same people as Adult friend finder, transdate, TSdates and probably many more. I've tried other sites like LGBT dating TSMatch and Butterfly but every single one of these sites have the same issue for me. To do anything of any note you have to sign up for their usually very expensive monthly plans. I can't do that in my situation ! I understand that this is how they make their money, but it's so very frustrating.

I've found two sites that I have enjoyed to a point but then become frustrated. Mytrangenderdate have a ton of very active girls on there with good filtering options, I'm very much attracted to petite Asian ladies so the fact that most of the girls are from the Philippians is fine for me. The familiar problem arose when you find a match, they send you a message and you are unable to send anything back, so it looks like you are ghosting them. I pissed off at least one girl here so decided to take my profile down, as I know how difficult it is in the community to find a partner and I didn't want to upset anyone. This was really disappointing because I got a really nice message from one girl who totally got me from my wordy and honest profile, was happy to start as friends, fit all my search criteria and was completely my type in appearance. I would have loved to be able to chat and strike up a friendship with her.

The other site was TGPersonals, which is probably everything I am looking for bar one major issue. On that site you can freely chat with each other, it advertises itself as 100% free, they obviously make their money through advertising and click throughs, I regularly use it to go to chaturbate to hopefully kick them back some money. Chaturbate is not my thing at all BTW, I only go on there in the hope of seeing Newivy . The issue is, it seems completely dead ! There is an activity tracker and it shows so few people actually on the site. I found very few people in my area and those I tried to contact didn't respond mostly because they hadn't been on the site in months/years. I ended up taking my profile down there too because of this lack of activity.

Are trans dating sites purely just scams ? Do they really help people in my situation who want to meet trans women but can't do it in a more traditional manner ? In short am I just wasting my time looking for a utopia that doesn't exist ?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Trans Dating Sites

Quote Originally Posted by Faenon View Post
    Mytrangenderdate have a ton of very active girls on there with good filtering options, I'm very much attracted to petite Asian ladies so the fact that most of the girls are from the Philippians is fine for me. The familiar problem arose when you find a match, they send you a message and you are unable to send anything back, so it looks like you are ghosting them. I pissed off at least one girl here so decided to take my profile down, as I know how difficult it is in the community to find a partner and I didn't want to upset anyone. This was really disappointing because I got a really nice message from one girl who totally got me from my wordy and honest profile, was happy to start as friends, fit all my search criteria and was completely my type in appearance. I would have loved to be able to chat and strike up a friendship with her.
    So you want to meet the girl of your dreams, but you won't pay a measly few bucks to the person who runs the website?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Tgirl lover

Quote Originally Posted by obslam View Post
    So you want to meet the girl of your dreams, but you won't pay a measly few bucks to the person who runs the website?
    Clearly not reading what I wrote, I said I can't pay, I have no means to safely do that with my current situation. When my situation changes I won't have a problem with supporting these sites if they are actually genuine and effective. That was the crux of my question at the bottom. The only site I have seen that seems to be anything more than a scam or a barren wasteland is mytrangenderdate but there are location issues here, since these girls are on the opposite side of the globe to me.

Gold Poster

so complicated = married?

Junior Poster

Clearly not reading what I wrote, I said I can't pay, I have no means to safely do that with my current situation. When my situation changes I won't have a problem with supporting these sites if they are actually genuine and effective. That was the crux of my question at the bottom. The only site I have seen that seems to be anything more than a scam or a barren wasteland is mytrangenderdate but there are location issues here, since these girls are on the opposite side of the globe to me.
    No, I read what you wrote. You want a valuable service but you want it for nothing, and you can't be bothered to sort any of the more discreet ways to pay. I get it.

Tgirl lover

Senior Member Junior Poster

Go on Grindr and change the Tribe to Trans

Quote Originally Posted by brooksglass View Post
    Go on Grindr and change the Tribe to Trans
    Thanks, yeah I as thinking about Grindr or Translr (is Grindr better ? Tinder not an option for trans ?) but in all honesty I'm not sure I want hook ups, I'm kind of looking more for friendships that will lead to relationships, right now because of my situation.

Quote Originally Posted by rodinuk View Post
    so complicated = married?
    Yeah I think that is obvious, that's part of the issue here, as although I am not in love with my wife and have been open with her on this, I'm really not the cheating type and what I'm looking for really at the moment is more plutonic until I can find a way to leave where both parties are able to get on with their lives. In the end I may just have to sacrifice my own happiness for mutual good.

Quote Originally Posted by obslam View Post
    No, I read what you wrote. You want a valuable service but you want it for nothing, and you can't be bothered to sort any of the more discreet ways to pay. I get it.

Again not really listening. Think what you like dude, but would have been a little more helpful to answer the simple question at the bottom and recommend a site that I would perhaps be willing to support rather than taking pot shots at me.

Senior Member Junior Poster MercedesSLR's Avatar

I'm in a complicated situation right now, that I am trying my best to change. If I can do that I want to start a relationship with a pre-op/non op trans woman. I've eventually at the age of 53 grown up to be honest with myself that this is my "type" of woman. I'm not a total noob to the trans dating scene but one "relationship" no more than a handful of dates, makes me far from an expert.

I live in Calgary where there is literally zero trans community that I can find, there is next to no chance of me bumping into a transwoman in the supermarket or on our commute to work. It's basically the back end of nowhere and miles from other civilization.

So I thought that I should try looking on trans dating sites to see if I could meet someone. For the short term friendships and perhaps hook ups (although that's really not my thing) is what I'm after but if I can free myself from my situation I'm really looking for a long term relationship.

I've become very frustrated with what is out there in terms of trans dating sites and posting this here in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction. A lot of the sites seem re-skinned versions of the same one, the one promoted on this forum, is the same site with the same people as Adult friend finder, transdate, TSdates and probably many more. I've tried other sites like LGBT dating TSMatch and Butterfly but every single one of these sites have the same issue for me. To do anything of any note you have to sign up for their usually very expensive monthly plans. I can't do that in my situation ! I understand that this is how they make their money, but it's so very frustrating.

I've found two sites that I have enjoyed to a point but then become frustrated. Mytrangenderdate have a ton of very active girls on there with good filtering options, I'm very much attracted to petite Asian ladies so the fact that most of the girls are from the Philippians is fine for me. The familiar problem arose when you find a match, they send you a message and you are unable to send anything back, so it looks like you are ghosting them. I pissed off at least one girl here so decided to take my profile down, as I know how difficult it is in the community to find a partner and I didn't want to upset anyone. This was really disappointing because I got a really nice message from one girl who totally got me from my wordy and honest profile, was happy to start as friends, fit all my search criteria and was completely my type in appearance. I would have loved to be able to chat and strike up a friendship with her.

The other site was TGPersonals, which is probably everything I am looking for bar one major issue. On that site you can freely chat with each other, it advertises itself as 100% free, they obviously make their money through advertising and click throughs, I regularly use it to go to chaturbate to hopefully kick them back some money. Chaturbate is not my thing at all BTW, I only go on there in the hope of seeing Newivy . The issue is, it seems completely dead ! There is an activity tracker and it shows so few people actually on the site. I found very few people in my area and those I tried to contact didn't respond mostly because they hadn't been on the site in months/years. I ended up taking my profile down there too because of this lack of activity.

Are trans dating sites purely just scams ? Do they really help people in my situation who want to meet trans women but can't do it in a more traditional manner ? In short am I just wasting my time looking for a utopia that doesn't exist ?
    One piece of advice I can give is to try a trans dating class. Ana Mancini @anamanciniofficial use to offer classes but not sure if she does anymore. I can’t recall how much it was but worth a shot. Kelly Shore I think had her own site to help with this but can’t remember.