Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Gold Poster

Default Re: Nashville School Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    We also get a different excuse from Mr Fanti. Apparently, bans won't work but a bunch of homilies will fix the problem.
    He's gonna raise everyone's kids to understand guns and knives aren't the answer. That's a lot of kids and a lot of adoptions but if he's able to do it then father of the year.

Gold Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    We tried to ban marijuana = FAIL
    Maybe don't ban all drugs or all guns. How about just the most dangerous ones? We're not going to make heroin legal for recreational use are we? No. We can ban assault weapons. Yes, making something illegal creates black markets. But it would still be harder to get a black market gun than one from the local store. This is especially true for an isolated person who may act on impulse. But I don't know. Maybe you raising everyone's kids is the easier solution.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by broncofan View Post
    He's gonna raise everyone's kids to understand guns and knives aren't the answer. That's a lot of kids and a lot of adoptions but if he's able to do it then father of the year.
    How is that going to work in Florida where Stalin De Santis doesn't think pupils should discuss Race and Slavery, where books are banned, the word 'Gay' is banned? Given that Florida is making it easier to purchase firearms and kiddy-shredding ammo, the last thing this American is going to do is expect schools to educate children =who is indoctrinating whom?

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Pretty much everything you said there is the opposite of reality.

Agreed. He sucks on the tit of Fox News by the sound of it, athought this quote is pure gold.

"Secondly, the Democratic party is dividing this country against each other. How if you go against abortion, LGBTQ community, black people to name a few. They call you racist, fascist, bigot, white supremacist and many other names. Because if you don't go along with what they are pushing. You're the most disgusting human being and nobody goes against Democrats"

If you are anti-abortion, anti-LGBTQ and anti black people ... I've news for you. YOU ARE a racist, fascist, bigot supremacist!!!

Your post has to be a parody, or are you really that backwards?

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Put guns off the table and let's talk TRANS ACCEPTANCE.
    Once again, that starts out in the home with parents educating their kids to be tolerant about all people.

It all starts out in the home....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Maybe don't ban all drugs or all guns. How about just the most dangerous ones? We're not going to make heroin legal for recreational use are we? No. We can ban assault weapons. Yes, making something illegal creates black markets. But it would still be harder to get a black market gun than one from the local store. This is especially true for an isolated person who may act on impulse. But I don't know. Maybe you raising everyone's kids is the easier solution.
    Again, take guns off the table and lets talk TRANS ACCEPTANCE
    Where does this begin?
    Once again, in the home.....

For the older generations, acceptance is tougher thing to bring about - I know this as a Black American.
    But kids are easier to teach acceptance than adults.....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Addendum:
    I'm all for a gun ban...
    However, when I look at success reality of previous bans (drugs/alcohol) coupled with what's coming through at the border - I just don't know how effective it would be.
    Would it put a dent in killing? Yeppers!

But we have to reduce the demand which once again starts with educating youth....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

I'm all for a gun ban...

So what was the point of your previous 500 posts resisting the idea?

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Addendum:
    I'm all for a gun ban...
    However, when I look at success reality of previous bans (drugs/alcohol) coupled with what's coming through at the border - I just don't know how effective it would be.

But we have to reduce the demand which once again starts with educating youth....
    What kind of gun ban? You'd have to repeal the Second Amendment to get rid of them completely, and that's not going to happen in any foreseeable future in this country. The Supreme Court has now said that gun bans (as in Chicago and New York) are unconstitutional. We had an assault weapons ban before, and that could be revived, but not with a Republican majority in the House. I suppose assault weapons could be banned at the state level, but that will only work in blue states currently. It'd be a start, but much more needs to be done.

Republicans like to blame shootings on mental health, but they won't fund mental health treatment, and they won't deny guns to the mentally ill. And they also think that forcing teachers to be armed bodyguards for minimal pay with no training will prevent school shootings, so that shows where they are in regard to mental health.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

filghy2 Silver Poster

Once again, that starts out in the home with parents educating their kids to be tolerant about all people.

It all starts out in the home....
    Your brilliant plan seems to rely on intolerant parents being willing to bring up their kids to be tolerant.