Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
    Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Default Nashville School Shooting

Yet another school shooting:
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...hief-rcna76876

Apparently the perpetrator was trans. This will really stir up the transphobia.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Nashville School Shooting

Every mass shooter has a different story behind their grudge, but they all have one thing in common - they can easily get hold of a gun.

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    Every mass shooter has a different story behind their grudge, but they all have one thing in common - they can easily get hold of a gun.
    If Democrats actually did their job. These would be less of an issue

0 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous123 View Post
    Democrat President Obama tried to reform gun law after the Sandy Hook massacre -who opposed it? Republicans. In Texas and Florida, run by Republicans, Gun-Crazy Greg and Gun-Crazy Ron relaxed laws on the sale of firearms and the right to carry, and thus enabled the shooters at Parkland High, and in Uvalde.

More than this, the bullets used are not the kind you see in the movies when someone shot digs them out with a knife. These new bullets explode into thousands of fragments inside the body, which is why in Uvalde, bullets entering a child literally shredded the body, leaving only the trainers as a means of identification.

Who enables this horror? Republicans. Who will not put a stop to gun-crazy Americans with a passionate need to kill other Americans? Republicans. Until you people get a grip of this epidemic, you will continue to read about mass murder, and it really doesn't matter if the shooter is male, female, trans, Muslim, or just plain bat-shit crazy -the enabling mechanism is there.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by anonymous123 View Post
    Please explain - in proper sentences if you can manage that.

6 out of 6 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

And even if all guns were banned, the ugly truth is that guns would still come through the border like kids candy and cocaine.....
    It's a tough situation....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Rookie Poster

It is sad there will always be guns there is no way to get them all out, hell there are still tons of guns all over Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and Aussie and New Zealand. But the hard fact is 90 % of the 130 Mass Shootings in the last year came from legally acquired guns in middle america. I am from Texas and grew up around guns and I have lived in NYC for the last 20 years and my opinion is there is alot of middle american bravado. In Texas we would always just told to suck it up and be a stalwart. That was meant to be like a badge of honor, you dont hurt women, steal from others, but we expect the same in return. There was always some sort of violence and bullying but not to the degree it is happening in todays society. There has been a massive break in Causality. The cause and effect is so different now I cant even grasp it. The amount of hate these people are feeling towards just general society is heart breaking. The victims are nameless to them, they just want to cause damage. These are things that I dont understand. I am open on this forum and with friends and family. The only thing that makes sense to me is this, We only get one of these life's to live and in an amazing theory we should be able to walk through this life together, and it doesnt matter if you feel like you wanna live you life in a dress, pants, drag, if we are only given one we should beable to do it however we see fit. And the key word is we, as long as we keep trying to call each other by 1000 different names that is us being 1000 types of humans that we are apart. I know that sounds far fetch but hell I hope in my life time I can see us refer to to the world as we rather than us, them, they, black, white, etc etc
    my two cents

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by drfunyc View Post
    It is sad there will always be guns there is no way to get them all out, hell there are still tons of guns all over Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and Aussie and New Zealand. But the hard fact is 90 % of the 130 Mass Shootings in the last year came from legally acquired guns in middle america. I am from Texas and grew up around guns and I have lived in NYC for the last 20 years and my opinion is there is alot of middle american bravado. In Texas we would always just told to suck it up and be a stalwart. That was meant to be like a badge of honor, you dont hurt women, steal from others, but we expect the same in return. There was always some sort of violence and bullying but not to the degree it is happening in todays society. There has been a massive break in Causality. The cause and effect is so different now I cant even grasp it. The amount of hate these people are feeling towards just general society is heart breaking. The victims are nameless to them, they just want to cause damage. These are things that I dont understand. I am open on this forum and with friends and family. The only thing that makes sense to me is this, We only get one of these life's to live and in an amazing theory we should be able to walk through this life together, and it doesnt matter if you feel like you wanna live you life in a dress, pants, drag, if we are only given one we should beable to do it however we see fit. And the key word is we, as long as we keep trying to call each other by 1000 different names that is us being 1000 types of humans that we are apart. I know that sounds far fetch but hell I hope in my life time I can see us refer to to the world as we rather than us, them, they, black, white, etc etc
    my two cents
    Since I'm still in Texas, I understand what you're saying 100%.
    Problem is, the change of mindset (towards anything, not just guns) starts out in the home.....

Per my previous post, here's a sad statistic.
    2,000 Illegal Weapons Cross US-Mexico Border Per Day: Report
    https://insightcrime.org/news/analys...der-every-day/

So once all guns are banned, then what? - How do you stop 2000+ guns a day from crossing our borders? (a number that's sure to increase due to the Cartels)

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Rookie Poster

There is no way to stop it, and even if you could most of the gun manufacturers are in America so even if you try to take them people will build them.
    I grew up in the dirt in West Texas at a Pig Farm, I had good days and bad days in school. There were times I dated the pretties girl in school and then she hated me so then I was bullied by the football team endlessly but my mindset never went to these people have to die, or even worse let me sit on this for 20 years and go kill a bunch of random people at a school I went to 25 years ago. Hell my revenge was showing up to the high school reunion with a serious career a stunner of a girl friend, debt free and happy
    Not with an assault riffle . I am not saying the way that I was brought up was perfect but I was taught three things, Honor, Empathy, and Forgiveness. I think this current generation is hell bent on upstaging one another. When I played baseball and tennis and college, there was hazing but it was lets get em drunk play some pranks and shit that would cost you your dignity for a day. When you see that getting someone drunk and writing on their face in permenant marker so that they had a hell of a time walking around campus isnt good enough anymore. Some of these kids are stuffing pine cones up other kids asses and even killing some of the kids you are suppose to be trusting. I think there is a fundamental break in the mindset and I agree it most likely starts at home. As I stated I grew up in the dirt, no technology, we were outdoors everyday around people. Lots of people and maybe that is why I respected people more is because of how much contact I had with them rather face down in a cell phone ignoring the world. Then hell who knows the only thing you remember bad happening to you is went you werent online living in a fiction. Still as weird as I am I could just never imagine trying to take something from someone else. Dont get me wrong I have been in some trouble with fights but it was mostly watching out for a friend that was smaller than me

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by drfunyc View Post
    It is sad there will always be guns there is no way to get them all out, hell there are still tons of guns all over Europe, Asia, Africa, South America, and Aussie and New Zealand.
    That is not true. There are far more guns per person in the USA than almost anywhere else in the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estima...ita_by_country

As to the argument that they will always come in from Mexico, where do people think those guns in Mexico originated from? Mostly they were manufactured in the US.
    https://www.npr.org/2022/06/07/11034...pens-illegally

Could the people who say it's all too complicated and nothing can be done please explain why it is that other countries don't have anywhere near the same rate of mass shootings as the USA? Other countries have mostly been able to control the problem, even though they also have their share of mentally disturbed people.

Nobody is saying that gun controls will completely eliminate the problem - and the fact that there are already so many guns in the country makes it harder - but surely it is common sense that there will be less of these shootings if every disturbed or angry person can't just walk into a gun store and buy any gun they want?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.