Page 4 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: 2024 Election: Wishin' and Hopin'

For the Republic(ans)...Larry Elder, presumably known to Americans?

"Naming policing and crime as two areas of particular concern to him, he told the host: “We’ve incentivised women to marry the government. We’ve incentivised men to abandon their financial and moral responsibility. And if I do nothing else in this race, but focus people on those two issues… I would perform this service to my country.”"
    Larry Elder: Who is the latest Republican throwing his hat into the ring for 2024? (yahoo.com)

An unusual take on marriage...

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by dirkmcgee View Post
    Lmaoooo at framing any issue with CRT as "anti black racism"

I guess intellectuals like fucking JOHN MCWORTER are racist. Absolute fucking clowns on this board!
    I had to look him up. I can tell you’re a big fan of his work, since you spelled his name wrong 😑

From his Wikipedia page: “McWhorter has posited that anti-racism has become as harmful in the United States as racism itself”.

No wonder right wingers like him. But that idea is totally laughable. Comparing “Anti-racism” to the damage of a hundred years of slavery??? Ridiculous.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Not to be outdone, this is what the aforementioned Larry Elder thinks, according to Wikipedia:

"Elder does not believe in systemic racism, calling it a lie. He is a critic of the Black Lives Matter movement, blaming it for rising crime. As part of his criticism of welfare, he stated that it is more harmful to Black families than slavery ever was."

Senior Member Veteran Poster

Sometimes the sequel just isn't as good as the first movie.

Last edited by blackchubby38; 05-05-2023 at 12:29 AM.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    For the Republic(ans)...Larry Elder, presumably known to Americans?

"Naming policing and crime as two areas of particular concern to him, he told the host: “We’ve incentivised women to marry the government. We’ve incentivised men to abandon their financial and moral responsibility. And if I do nothing else in this race, but focus people on those two issues… I would perform this service to my country.”"
    Larry Elder: Who is the latest Republican throwing his hat into the ring for 2024? (yahoo.com)

An unusual take on marriage...
    Indeed it is an unusual take.

Default Re: 2024 USA Election: Wishin' and Hopin'

Would it not be more honest of Mike Pence to say, not, that 'I am a Christian', but that he wants the USA to be, officially, a Christian Country? For all his talk about God, Family and Country, has he ever praised Islam, Judaism, Buddhism, the Hindu and other religious beliefs? It seems to me that most of the Republicans who promote a Religious agenda, in fact only promote the Christian agenda- and a Christian agenda as defined by them, one that flips faith into intolerance, hope into fear, charity into cruelty.

My guess is that he is not going to go far in this process, but stranger thing have happened in the US Election Cycle.

He is young, articulate and good looking -so why isn't he in the frame for 2024? That said, I don't know if he has been a success in California, or indeed, how to measure success in that complex State.

Gavin Newsom Gives Sean Hannity Blunt Fact-Checks In Fiery Fox News Clash (yahoo.com)

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    He is young, articulate and good looking -so why isn't he in the frame for 2024?
    The basic problem is that there is literally no precedent for replacing an incumbent President who wants to run again. Biden has a reasonable record of legislative achievement and there hasn't been any major scandal or policy disaster on his watch. It's not suprising that no prominent Democrat wants to risk causing division in the party by opposing him.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    The basic problem is that there is literally no precedent for replacing an incumbent President who wants to run again. Biden has a reasonable record of legislative achievement and there hasn't been any major scandal or policy disaster on his watch. It's not suprising that no prominent Democrat wants to risk causing division in the party by opposing him.
    You make valid points, disappointing though the situation is for the Democrats.

Another one steps forward, ready to bite the dust, at some time in the future. That said, a Republican who can see the potential danger of Florida sinking into the sea, and sort of doing something about it-

Mayor of Miami Francis Suarez enters 2024 Republican presidential race | US elections 2024 | The Guardian