Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: 2024 USA Election: Wishin' and Hopin'

The post that Mr Fanti made

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    The post that Mr Fanti seems to have neglected to make

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    What does it say about this man that he's more outraged by Biden's 50-year old comments than by Trump essentially saying the US should have accepted the continued existence of slavery in the South?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Last edited by filghy2; 01-09-2024 at 02:22 AM.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

So Trump wins 56, 620 votes in Iowa, 51% of the registered Republicans, and 20 delegates in a State whose total population is 3,276,103 and its adult population 2,436,915. It is estimated there are more than 21 million Hogs in the State, and more than 67 Chickens. It is one of the least diverse States in the Union.

So I guess it is all 'psychological' right now...

Iowa Population 2024 (Demographics, Maps, Graphs) (worldpopulationreview.com)

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Still the worst-case scenario. I was hoping DeSantis would come in third.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

In my recent post I should have written 67 Million chickens...

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    In my recent post I should have written 67 Million chickens...
    Well, 67 million is also more than 67.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    So Trump wins 56, 620 votes in Iowa, 51% of the registered Republicans, and 20 delegates in a State whose total population is 3,276,103 and its adult population 2,436,915. It is estimated there are more than 21 million Hogs in the State, and more than 67 Chickens. It is one of the least diverse States in the Union.

So I guess it is all 'psychological' right now...

Iowa Population 2024 (Demographics, Maps, Graphs) (worldpopulationreview.com)
    They also have lots of straw you can clutch at to justify your Nikki Haley prediction. I guess you can do that for one more week, but which state is even whiter than Iowa?

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...ire-population

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Still the worst-case scenario. I was hoping DeSantis would come in third.
    Indeed it sure was.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    They also have lots of straw you can clutch at to justify your Nikki Haley prediction. I guess you can do that for one more week, but which state is even whiter than Iowa?

Apparently New Hampshire has open primaries, though. Non-Republicans can vote.

Senior Member Gold Poster KnightHawk 2.0's Avatar

Not really surprised at all that the majority of GOP Voters will still vote for a Domestic Terrorist Leader,Sore Loser and Petulent Child like Donald Trump,even if he is convicted. And these are the same people who believe that Joe Biden didn't win the 2020 Election. And it also shows how Donald Trump hijacked and corrupted the Republican Party and remade it into his despicable image ,and how the majority of GOP Voters are brainwashed and will believe anything their guy says,even if it's a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post

Idaho comes close to Iowa albeit with a smaller population.

As for Haley, a lot may yet happen to Trump given the cases taking place. At the moment it looks like he will get through cases like the E Jean Carroll and just insist he is right and everyone else is wrong, court judgments be damned. A lot will depend on the Supreme Court's decision on immunity. In terms of the letter of the law, it doesn't seem possible SCOTUS will rule in Trump's favour, but certain justices may see the need to protect Trump without regard to the Constitution though if they do their reasoning will make interesting reading.

Trump is most vulnerable I think in Georgia, where there is clear evidence of the President trying to interfere with an election process to change the result in his favour, while the classified documents case is also slam dunk but may not be heard before the election.

So far Trump has been able to avoid hard questions about his relationship with Jeffrey Epstein. It seems clear to me he knew about Epstein's lust for young teens, but other than the claim he and Epstein raped a 13-year old in New York (see link) the more pertinent question might be to ask Trump if, knowing what he did, he informed law enforcement that a wealthy man based in New York was breaking the law.
    Woman who accused Donald Trump of raping her at 13 drops lawsuit | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Credible Evidence Trump Raped a 13-Year-Old: To Push Trump & America Into an Empathetic Intervention - McFadden, Rev John Hugh: 9781797839097 - AbeBooks

Haley thus remains in pole position to win the votes of disaffected Republicans, and those intelligent enough to know she has a better chance of beating Biden, though her position on Abortion is a vote loser and this may become a key factor in the vote come November.