Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Default Re: I'm a trans woman of color in an all-male prison. I had to sue the state to get g

Whom are trans men jailed with?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: I'm a trans woman of color in an all-male prison. I had to sue the state to get g

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Whom are trans men jailed with?
    I would think it would have to be in womens' prisons. To do otherwise probably would not be safe for the FTM, and it is not like the FTM is going to get the female prisoners pregnant.

Unlike MTFs actively seeking to go to women's' prison, I don't think FTMs are actively petitioning to get sent to the men's' penitentiary.

As for those folks (MTF) transitioning prior to committing a crime it is a somewhat tougher call, but in the end I would just send them to the men's prison (and caution MTF transsexuals that they probably should avoid a life of crime). It may be sad to say, but once you are a convicted criminal, I have (and I think society) should have little to no sympathy for you. Save your pity for the actual victims of crime.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mildcigar_2001 View Post
    It may be sad to say, but once you are a convicted criminal, I have (and I think society) should have little to no sympathy for you. Save your pity for the actual victims of crime.
    First, this goes against the grain of the fundamental purpose of prison, which is to remove a criminal from society for its protection, and to offer the prisoner an opportunity to repent and reform, so that he or she can be returned to society with the threat removed. It is sometimes referred to as 'Whig Optimism' on the basis that a Christian life will always emerge with tuition, and feeds into the argument that many criminals have turned to a life of crime to compensate for lost opportunities. And, indeed, there are many stories of ex-cons leaving prison and 'turning their lives around'. Should they be denied the opportunity to overhaul their lives to satisfy the revenge or resentment of another?

Second, if prison is just a dustbin, why should the taxpayer fork out millions of pounds/dollars a year to clothe, feed and house society's rejects? For that matter, isn't health care in prison free?

So why Devil's Island? Just build an incinerator and have done with it. Always assuming the condemned are guilty of their crimes. It was part of the Eugenics movement's arguments in the early 19th century, why not revive it now?

filghy2 Silver Poster

When you go soft on crime you get NYC, Chicago, D.C., S.F., L.A, etc. (all cesspits of crime that were once great cities).
    You forgot to mention Jacksonville, Miami and Tampa.
    https://www.vox.com/politics/2023/4/...gs-police-2024

The research firm AH Datalytics tracked homicides in four Florida cities for which data was available — Jacksonville, Miami, Orlando, and Tampa — and the number of murders per 100,000 people in 2021 was higher than it was for most of the 2010s, much less 50 years ago.

And the data suggests that the situation is getting worse: Jacksonville, Miami, and Tampa had higher murder rates in 2021 than cities in blue states including New York City, Los Angeles, and Boston, according to AH Datalytics’s data. And between 2021 and 2022, homicides rose by at least 9 percent in those Florida cities.

As usual, reality is more complex that your simplistic morality tales; eg: crime is caused by Democrats going soft on crime; transphobia is caused by trans people getting too pushy.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

Anyway, I assume that the devout Christians of Georgia will exercise their Christian duty to forgive all those who have committed crimes, and release them.

You can't be serious. Those folks may call themselves Christian but they sure don't act like it. More guns, less education! Hooray!!!

"That's what i thought you said."

This is just stupid reasoning.

Look at the diference in the crime rates between the NYC of the Giuliani/Bloomberg eras when there was strict enforcement of the laws, and now (with elimination of cash bail and lax law enforcement). Real people are getting killed because radical politicians decided to become soft on crime.

Pull your head out of your ass and someday, go visit New York, right wing tourist.Crime rate goes down....Brilliant professor!

"That's what i thought you said."