Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Post I'm a trans woman of color in an all-male prison. I had to sue the state to get gende

I'm a trans woman of color in an all-male prison. I had to sue the state to get gender-affirming care behind bars.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AA17I6MW.jpeg 
Views:	40 
Size:	32.0 KB 
ID:	1413679

One of the proudest moments of my life was in 2015 when I successfully represented myself without the assistance of counsel in a lawsuit against the Georgia Department of Corrections. In the case of Lynch v. Lewis, I advocated for my rights and the rights of other trans women in the prison system. I was fighting to ensure all trans women in prison had access to lifesaving gender-affirming medical care in the form of hormone-replacement therapy.

Representing myself was the single most daunting endeavor I'd ever undertaken. There were times that were extremely frustrating — especially the periods of waiting between varying stages of the case.

In the end, I proved to everyone who doubted — even myself at times, if I'm being honest — that I could win. I settled my lawsuit in July 2015, modifying the existing policy on access to gender-affirming care. I also earned myself access to HRT and got a guarantee of laser treatment for facial-hair removal.

After this victory, I started taking names. Prison officials dealt with me gingerly. I knew that if push came to shove, I could hold them accountable for any unconstitutional acts. For once in my life, I had some power, and it was glorious.

I went to prison at 21 years old as a transgender woman of color.
    In the all-male prison, I couldn't get hormone-replacement treatment and the workers abused me.
    I sued the Georgia Department of Corrections and won my right to hormones and laser hair removal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...age=AA17IaGR|7

3 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by natina; 02-20-2023 at 08:38 PM.

Senior Member Junior Poster

Default Re: I'm a trans woman of color in an all-male prison. I had to sue the state to get g

I’m surprised she hasn’t been paroled yet.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Default Re: I'm a trans woman of color in an all-male prison. I had to sue the state to get g

Quote Originally Posted by danoblue View Post
    I’m surprised she hasn’t been paroled yet.
    She was paroled in 2018 but violated it. She claims it was because she took an undisclosed job at an Animal Hospital that was a bit closer to a Day Care Center than allowed by the rules of her registered sex offender status . Here’s an article on her original sentence - https://www.advocate.com/news/2012/0...e-pimping-kids

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Member Rookie Poster

I’d look at what she went in for…

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Quote Originally Posted by fred41 View Post
    She was paroled in 2018 but violated it. She claims it was because she took an undisclosed job at an Animal Hospital that was a bit closer to a Day Care Center than allowed by the rules of her registered sex offender status . Here’s an article on her original sentence - https://www.advocate.com/news/2012/0...e-pimping-kids
    The performer and former sex worker was apparently part of a two-person team with his former roommate, Steven Lemery (who was a go-go dancer at a local gay club under the stage name Steven Lang), who used social networking to lure gay and transgender teens from South Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia to meet them in Douglasville, Ga., for sex. According to David Ibata at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Lemery would then allegedly lock the victims in his closet and later force them into prostitution.

This pervert should still be in there. Disgusting. Fuck her hormones

5 out of 5 members liked this post.

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoPervySage View Post
    The performer and former sex worker was apparently part of a two-person team with his former roommate, Steven Lemery (who was a go-go dancer at a local gay club under the stage name Steven Lang), who used social networking to lure gay and transgender teens from South Carolina, Alabama, and Georgia to meet them in Douglasville, Ga., for sex. According to David Ibata at The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, Lemery would then allegedly lock the victims in his closet and later force them into prostitution.

She did the crime, and has been doing the time.

The issue surely is the conduct of the prison service in Georgia with regard to Trans prisoners. I think we can see that as separate from the crime, wicked as it was.

Anyway, I assume that the devout Christians of Georgia will exercise their Christian duty to forgive all those who have committed crimes, and release them.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by SanDiegoPervySage View Post

This feminist site offers even more info on this grifter. according to them - she was reincarcerated on charges of attempted armed robbery. https://reduxx.info/incarcerated-dra...rans-activist/ Towards the bottom of the article they bring up an even worse piece of work who is now a transgender activist :
    “Earlier this year, Reduxx reported that a man who raped a toddler was performing community outreach for an organization that advised incarcerated men on how to declare a transgender status.
    Xena Grandichelli, born Jeffery Willsea, was convicted on 11 counts related to the sexual abuse of a 3-year-old girl. His sex offender registration categorizes him as a risk level 3, which denotes the highest recidivism risk and that he is a threat to public safety. Yet despite his horrific history, Grandichelli has become an award-winning activist since his release, and has worked extensively with the Sylvia Rivera Law Project on behalf of trans inmates.”

It gets better (and by better - I mean worse):
    https://reduxx.info/toddler-rapist-n...ghts-activist/

I don't think I'm "anti-Trans," but I don't what to pay for your "self-improvement" while you are behind bars.

Do your time as a man, and then if you want to transition do it on your own dime after you get out of prison.

I practiced criminal law for almost 10 years (many moons ago), and when I was practicing you really had to "work hard" at being a criminal to get sent to the state penitentiary.

By "work hard" I mean that you really had to hurt someone, steal a fairly large amount, or be dealing drugs (large amounts). Particularly for first or second offenses those generally could be plea bargained down to a less serious charge.

When I was practicing if it was a fairly low level crime, the accused would usually get a combination of county jail time, and then supervised release.

I hate these stone cold criminals who suddenly decide they are transsexuals after they get convicted (which I don't think happened in this case). It is like a bad South Park episode.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by mildcigar_2001 View Post
    I practiced criminal law for almost 10 years (many moons ago), and when I was practicing you really had to "work hard" at being a criminal to get sent to the state penitentiary.
    I guess that explains your Laura Norder fixation.

Your information seems a bit off given the US has one of the world's highest rates of imprisonment. About 0.5% of the US population is currently in prison, compared to around 0.1% in most other developed countries.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...rceration_rate

I'm sure the fact that this hasn't resulted in lower crime rates is not going to affect your views at all.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    I guess that explains your Laura Norder fixation.

Your information seems a bit off given the US has one of the world's highest rates of imprisonment. About 0.5% of the US population is currently in prison, compared to around 0.1% in most other developed countries.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United...rceration_rate

I'm sure the fact that this hasn't resulted in lower crime rates is not going to affect your views at all.

This is just stupid reasoning.

The burgeoning crime rates means we haven't locked up enough criminals yet. Take the criminals out of society and the crime rate goes down.

It is very hard to commit other crimes (especially against law abiding citizens) while you are in prison.

Look at the diference in the crime rates between the NYC of the Giuliani/Bloomberg eras when there was strict enforcement of the laws, and now (with elimination of cash bail and lax law enforcement). Real people are getting killed because radical politicians decided to become soft on crime.

0 out of 1 members liked this post.