Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213 LastLast
    filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: Charlamagne Tha God rejects activists using ‘transphobic’ label

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    When I speak of the past I'm speaking about the invisible barrier between adults and kids. You know when you were a young adult and you see something that you seen when you were a kid and then it clicks! Ohhh, that's what they were talking about. That separated grown folks business from children. Now grown ass women and men what talk sexuality with kids and with a straight face want green light kids getting sex changes.
    My memory, at least of high school, is that kids were constantly talking about sex. This was way before the digital era. How do you propose to keep kids in a state of innocence when they all have smartphones?

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    The problem isn't your opinions, such as they are. The problem is your consistent refusal to answer questions directly and honestly.
    No, your problem is demanding that I be your slave and comply to your requests. Sorry, but I won't be forum slave to you and your 'demands'.
    All of my answers have been honest - if you don't like them, then again, that's your issue.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    No, your problem IMHO is demanding that I be your slave and comply to your requests. Sorry, but I won't be forum slave to you and your 'demands'.
    All of my answers have been honest, IMHO - if you don't like them, then again, that's your issue.
    Haven't you forgotten something? I always enjoy reading your passive-aggressive responses.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

The thing about the narcissists and bigots asking "why can't we have a discussion" is that the discussion has been going on for several decades now. That's why the major pediatric medical associations have ALL endorsed gender-affirming care. We've been conducting research specifically on gender identity in developing children since at least the 1960s, and this now very large body of evidence demonstrates conclusively that gender-affirming care is safe and appropriate.

If this YouTube guy genuinely cares about the healthy and positive childhood development, then he pretty clearly has a responsibility to educate himself. Instead, he echoes the rhetoric of confirmed bigots, and then shirks any responsibility by claiming he's "just asking questions." It's a disgrace that anyone is entertained by this kind of willful ignorance.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    When I speak of the past I'm speaking about the invisible barrier between adults and kids. You know when you were a young adult and you see something that you seen when you were a kid and then it clicks! Ohhh, that's what they were talking about. That separated grown folks business from children. Now grown ass women and men what talk sexuality with kids and with a straight face want green light kids getting sex changes.
    There is a way to talk about acceptance of the LGBT community with out trying to involve kids in a adult business.
    Are you aware that teenagers nowadays are having less sex, fighting less, and consuming drugs and alcohol at lower rates than we did?

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    The thing about the narcissists and bigots asking "why can't we have a discussion" is that the discussion has been going on for several decades now. That's why the major pediatric medical associations have ALL endorsed gender-affirming care. We've been conducting research specifically on gender identity in developing children since at least the 1960s, and this now very large body of evidence demonstrates conclusively that gender-affirming care is safe and appropriate.

If this YouTube guy genuinely cares about the healthy and positive childhood development, then he pretty clearly has a responsibility to educate himself. Instead, he echoes the rhetoric of confirmed bigots, and then shirks any responsibility by claiming he's "just asking questions." It's a disgrace that anyone is entertained by this kind of willful ignorance.
    And he's also condemned violence against Trans individuals - how is that the rhetoric of bigots?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Veteran Poster

And he's also condemned violence against Trans individuals - how is that the rhetoric of bigots?
    So it's fine to bully and demean people as long as you refrain from physically assaulting them? Are you going to try to say that baselessly and incorrectly asserting that gender-affirming care is somehow dangerous or inappropriate for children is an ethically neutral position?

The problem with this YouTube guy as well as a lot of dudes on this forum is that they're super horny for transwomen, so they have a hard time conceiving of them as real people who have childhoods and lives beyond being a sex object.

Last edited by thombergeron; 01-11-2023 at 02:09 AM.

So it's fine to bully and demean people as long as you refrain from physically assaulting them?
    No, it is not fine.
    But again, Charlamagne is asking the question of - Why as parents can't we have a discussion about what our children do as minors without being labeled transphobic?
    And what is wrong with that question in and of itself?

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

Are you aware that teenagers nowadays are having less sex, fighting less, and consuming drugs and alcohol at lower rates than we did?
    Maybe in your culture

filghy2 Silver Poster

But again, Charlamagne is asking the question of - Why as parents can't we have a discussion about what our children do as minors without being labeled transphobic?
    And what is wrong with that question in and of itself?
    No, the question he actually asked was this:
    "So you don’t think something as big as changing your gender, shouldn’t you wait until you’re at least 18?"

It's ambiguous whether he is saying that parents should have the final say on these treatments for under 18s or they should not be allowed at all for under 18s even if parents agree. If you have some other information then why don't you share it?

I don't necessarily think this Charlemagne is a transphobe. More likely he just wants to stir up controversies that appeal to his audience's prejudices, as all shockjocks do.

Last edited by filghy2; 01-11-2023 at 08:52 AM.