Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 LastLast
    Senior Member Veteran Poster

Default Re: 'Charlamagne the God Denounces Violence Against Transgender People'

Please stop posting this nonsense. Who cares?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.
    Look Marge, I'm reading The Economist, did you know Indonesia is at a crossroads?

Default Re: Charlamagne Tha God rejects activists using ‘transphobic’ label

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca81 View Post
    The movement in the U.S. to “protect” kids from transitioning before 18 is a manufactured controversy.

First, the people passing legislation banning parents from getting their children transgender medical care are the same people pushing legislation that would ban transgender medical care for adults too. https://19thnews.org/2022/10/transge...imit-restrict/ This demonstrates that this movement was always about hate and never about “protecting children.”

Second, even if you believe such legislation might “protect children” that entire proposition is illogical. After all, parents make medical decisions on their children’s behalf all the time, including having to decide whether their kids should take or forgo medication or undergo unalterable medical procedures.
    Medicines, Vaccines & Typical Procedures aren’t any where near what we are talking about. It’s not the same at all.
    Let children be children. There is a time in a place for all the bull shit that comes with being an adult.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    Medicines, Vaccines & Typical Procedures aren’t any where near what we are talking about. It’s not the same at all.
    Let children be children. There is a time in a place for all the bull shit that comes with being an adult.
    Let parents make decisions for their own children.

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Exact reason why shit is messed up now

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    From the article:
    “There’s certain things minors cannot do because they’re minors. So you don’t think something as big as changing your gender, shouldn’t you wait until you’re at least 18? The fact that people can’t even have a conversation about that without labeling somebody transphobic is very, very, very, very strange to me because it’s not like these people are saying, ‘No, we don’t want anybody transitioning,’ you know. Or ‘being trans is wrong.’ They’re simply saying, ‘Hey, let these minors wait until they’re a certain age.’ That’s very worthy of a conversation,” Charlamagne said. "

I listen to all views regardless whether I agree or disagree. That's called being non-biased.
    You are unbelievable, literally. I take it you have no information on what this guy thinks on this topic other than the quotes in that article, which don't mention parents.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Default Re: 'Charlamagne the God Denounces Violence Against Transgender People'

Quote Originally Posted by Lorca81 View Post
    The movement in the U.S. to “protect” kids from transitioning before 18 is a manufactured controversy.
    A sign of their insincerity is that the same people also vehemently oppose any measures to restrict access to guns, no matter how many school shootings occur.

Is there any place where minors can get these treatments without their parents approval? Parental rights seems like a straw man - mostly these people mean that parents should have the right to say no but not yes.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    All of us adults play a part in what we are exposing kids too and so on. Why do you think there is a major difference in the kids today vs us when we were kids.
    In the 'good old days' kids were also raised to think that homophobia was normal and acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    In the 'good old days' kids were also raised to think that homophobia was normal and acceptable.
    When I speak of the past I'm speaking about the invisible barrier between adults and kids. You know when you were a young adult and you see something that you seen when you were a kid and then it clicks! Ohhh, that's what they were talking about. That separated grown folks business from children. Now grown ass women and men what talk sexuality with kids and with a straight face want green light kids getting sex changes.
    There is a way to talk about acceptance of the LGBT community with out trying to involve kids in a adult business.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    You are unbelievable, literally. I take it you have no information on what this guy thinks on this topic other than the quotes in that article, which don't mention parents.
    If that's the way you feel - more power to you then!
    Just as you are allowed your perspectives - so am I.
    We don't have to agree with each other.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

The problem isn't your opinions, such as they are. The problem is your consistent refusal to answer questions directly and honestly.