Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Re: Charlamagne Tha God rejects activists using ‘transphobic’ label

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    Actually I did.
    Kid got made fun of because he sucked an older kids dick in the neighborhood. He told me him self he did. He was actually interested in sucking the dick of a friend of mine. By high school he was pretty much letting it be known. He went on to live his life the way he wanted to live it. But ended up killing him self if I’m not mistaken.
    Yep - my point exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    Yep - my point exactly.
    Please clarify

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

I *believe* this discussion within this thread is exactly what Charlamagne was referring to - having a discussion without an instant label being applied to someone.

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

It’s time for real conversations regarding these issues instead of people staying in their corner feeling how ever they feel. But people have to have an open mind to approach this.

Junior Poster

Why is this anyone else’s business besides the young trans person, the parents, and their doctors? It’s ridiculous that people think their opinion carries any weight here. Mind your own business, this doesn’t effect anyone else. Just like when bigots said that gay marriage was going to impact M/F marriages (which turned out to be a complete lie) what an individual teen does is not relevant to you whatsoever.

The funniest part is that a lot of these busybodies and meddlers consider themselves “conservatives” who claim to want smaller government, but they want the government to outlaw an individual’s freedom to make decisions about their own personal identity, to take that decision making ability away from the individual and their family. Which just reinforces my opinion that conservatives don’t actually have any principles, they start with the results they want to see (“less trans people”) and then work backwards from there. If the results require “government overreach” it’s not a problem for them.

I don’t give a shit what Howard Stern says about trans people, likewise I don’t give a shit what Charlamagne says about trans people. He’s just jumping on a hot topic trying to get publicity for himself (that’s part of his job, but it doesn’t mean that his opinion has any actual value)

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Also, if there any activists abusing the word “transphobic” like the original claim is making, let’s see all the evidence of what a big problem this is. The whole topic is a straw man argument. If you are complaining about trans people, there is definitely a non-zero chance that you ARE transphobic. And criticizing people for making problematic statements is not bad or wrong! If you can’t take a little criticism or defend your problematic statements, that shows what a weak argument you are making.

BOO HOO, they called me transphobic for saying something stupid! Maybe you should talk less and listen more!

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    I respectfully disagree.
    If the child feels that they are something different. I think even if it’s non surgical they should wait until they are adults to make the decision. The fact that kids are even focused on this is our fault. Kids should be enjoying being kids. Now they’re dealing with adult issues because we have given them entirely too much access. Enjoy being a kid. When you’re an adult you can take this what ever direction you want. But we are hell bent on robbing them of childhood. By turning them on to shit they shouldn’t even be concerned with.
    When I was a kid there were no kids that were concerned about being a girl or a boy. They just wanted to play and have fun.
    What are you defining as a child? Legally, a person is a child until they reach the age of majority, which is 18 in most countries. Are you suggesting they should be told to suppress any doubts about their gender until they turn 18? Do you think adults should be prevented from discussing these issues with minors? What do you suggest parents should do if their child raises the issue or shows signs of interest in gender fluidity?

You seem to believe that minors will not have doubts about their gender as long as they are not exposed to such ideas. But if no kids expressed such thoughts when you were young is that because it never occurred to them or because they were raised to think such thoughts were abnormal and would result in punishment?

I don't recall coming across anyone recognisably gay in my community when I was young. I'm pretty that's not because there weren't any, but because they knew they could be punished by straight society if they didn't keep their inclinations hidden.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Warm View Post
    Also, if there any activists abusing the word “transphobic” like the original claim is making, let’s see all the evidence of what a big problem this is. The whole topic is a straw man argument. If you are complaining about trans people, there is definitely a non-zero chance that you ARE transphobic. And criticizing people for making problematic statements is not bad or wrong! If you can’t take a little criticism or defend your problematic statements, that shows what a weak argument you are making.

BOO HOO, they called me transphobic for saying something stupid! Maybe you should talk less and listen more!
    If I an opinion/view about alcohol consumption, am I an "Alcohol-phobe"?
    If I have an opinion about my Black American peers, am I a "Nigga or an Uncle Tom"?

This is what IMHO Charlamagne is trying to get across....

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    If I an opinion/view about alcohol consumption, am I an "Alcohol-phobe"?

If I have an opinion about my Black American peers, am I a "Nigga or an Uncle Tom"?
    If you make negative generalisations about some group of people that aren't based on good evidence there is a good chance you are a "-phobe". If you refuse to support your opinion when challenged, and hide behind some bluster about free speech, that just about confirms it.

I think the key point that Luke is making is that free speech does not mean the right not to have your opinions challenged.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    What are you defining as a child? Legally, a person is a child until they reach the age of majority, which is 18 in most countries. Are you suggesting they should be told to suppress any doubts about their gender until they turn 18? Do you think adults should be prevented from discussing these issues with minors? What do you suggest parents should do if their child raises the issue or shows signs of interest in gender fluidity?

You seem to believe that minors will not have doubts about their gender as long as they are not exposed to such ideas. But if no kids expressed such thoughts when you were young is that because it never occurred to them or because they were raised to think such thoughts were abnormal and would result in punishment?

I don't recall coming across anyone recognisably gay in my community when I was young. I'm pretty that's not because there weren't any, but because they knew they could be punished by straight society if they didn't keep their inclinations hidden.
    I believe kids today definitely have doubts. That’s because topics and everything that use to be for adults is no longer filtered.

If my kid had feelings like that I would be open to sit down for a discussion. I would be open to hear them out. There isn’t anything anyone can do about how you feel. If it changes it will be because you changed it. If it doesn’t change it’s because that’s how you feel.

But to get down to it. Sex operations, changing identities even dressing. Needs to wait till you’re an adult. When you’re grown and taking care of your self you can live your life how you want to live it. There is nothing I can say. I’d support my kid. As for dressing if my son wanted to go to prom in a dress. I’d probably let him and support him. That’s just because he’s up in age and he’s almost an adult. But we aren’t calling you a different name or anything of the sort. You want change all that wait till your adult and go change it.