Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Charlamagne Tha God rejects activists using ‘transphobic’ label

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    What are you objecting to specifically? What is your idea of teaching kids the truth in relation to LGBT people?
    I don't know what teaching the truth is with LGBT people.
    But I know the truth with Black People has never been taught. The truth with Native Americans hasn't been taught. That's what I'm referring to.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    I don't know what teaching the truth is with LGBT people.
    That they exist in significant numbers and are not evil or sick, at least in the view of most people these days?

That they exist in significant numbers and are not evil or sick, at least in the view of most people these days?
    Well clearly they exist cause that movement is the most powerful movement that's going right now.
    Any one that thinks their evil is special. As for people that think it's sick. People are always going to feel some type of way about something. They look at fat people in think that's sick. So on and so on. The hell with them.

Junior Poster

Is that really what he believes? The quotes in the article you posted make no mention of parents having a say. They seem to be saying that these treatments should not be available to minors even if their parents and doctors agree.
    No response to this, that says it all. Nobody needs to care what some talk show host thinks, because it’s none of his business. This is just crass attempt by Charlamagne to get views by adding his 2 cents about a topic he has no insight on, and no connection to. And I don’t think MrFanti understands the article he linked to, he seems to think it’s about “feee speech”. Charlamagne is entitled to say whatever dumbass thing he wants, but I am also entitled to say he doesn’t know WTF he’s talking about.

Last edited by Luke Warm; 01-06-2023 at 08:10 AM.

Junior Poster

This is an issue between the young trans person, the parents or legal guardians, and their personal physician. Nobody else. Charlamagne seems to think it’s an issue that should be discussed and decided by society in general. Yeah, that’s a hard no. Yes, it’s bigoted if outsiders think it’s any of their actual business, just like somebody’s abortion is not any of his business.

I would also like to know what kind of trans representation does he have on his show, I’m going to guess it’s near zero. Maybe he had Laverne Cox on once. So it would be like Opie & Anthony discussing black youth and hip hop culture, but they don’t understand the actual topic, and yeah they could probably say something stupid about it and possibly even “phobic”.

Its not “discussion” that is offensive or transphobic, it’s when people with a large platform say stupid shit, and get the issues wrong.

Junior Poster

It’s like if Tucker Carlson had a segment about how “Saggy pants on black males should be illegal” and grounds for stop & frisk by police, and then complaining that some people (“activists” is the word that was used) called the discussion racist. If someone wants to have a thoughtful and informed discussion about saggy pants, that’s not automatically racist. If someone wants to have a thoughtful and informed discussion about transgender teens, that by itself not automatically transphobic. The problem is people who really should know better are often saying something stupid, and yes, sometimes it’s transphobic. Since Charlamagne thinks that these personal medical decisions are something that society at large actually needs to decide, not a private matter between the individual and the parents and their doctors, he is therefore saying something stupid.

Last edited by Luke Warm; 01-06-2023 at 08:53 AM.

You aren't talking about adults. When you speaking about adults your talking about personal business. I totally agree with that. When your speaking on kids it takes a village. Because of that the its not anyone's business isn't totally accurate.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    You aren't talking about adults. When you speaking about adults your talking about personal business. I totally agree with that. When your speaking on kids it takes a village. Because of that the its not anyone's business isn't totally accurate.
    Why should a village insert itself into the medical business of parents, their child, and a doctor?

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Senior Member Silver Poster MrFanti's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Warm View Post
    . Since Charlamagne thinks that these personal medical decisions are something that society at large actually needs to decide, not a private matter between the individual and the parents and their doctors, he is therefore saying something stupid.
    Incorrect.
    Charlamagne thinks that with minor children, parents should be able to have a say in discussions without being labeled "transphobic".

"I am, a SIGMA Male...

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    Incorrect.
    Charlamagne thinks that with minor children, parents should be able to have a say in discussions without being labeled "transphobic".
    Produce the evidence. As I noted, the article you linked to says no such thing.