Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910111213 LastLast

Default Re: Charlamagne Tha God rejects activists using ‘transphobic’ label

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Spoken like a true keyboard warrior. You have no idea where I've been, because I don't brag about it like keyboard warriors do. Keyboard warriors also like to challenge others for no reason.
    lol
    I can't do a damn thing about how you take shit. Don't try to flip this into anything but what it is. I'm standing on my statement! It's not a challenge cause I know where i've been. The statement stands take the shit how ever you want. lol

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by MrFanti View Post
    From the article:
    “There’s certain things minors cannot do because they’re minors. So you don’t think something as big as changing your gender, shouldn’t you wait until you’re at least 18? The fact that people can’t even have a conversation about that without labeling somebody transphobic is very, very, very, very strange to me because it’s not like these people are saying, ‘No, we don’t want anybody transitioning,’ you know. Or ‘being trans is wrong.’ They’re simply saying, ‘Hey, let these minors wait until they’re a certain age.’ That’s very worthy of a conversation,” Charlamagne said. "
    Yeah as filghy2 said, this is clearly not YouTube guy saying, "As a parent, I should be able to have these conversations with my kids." He's talking about having willfully ignorant and misinformed public conversations for the entertainment of other ignorant and misinformed people.

And again, this is just narcissism. These conversations have been happening very productively without his participation for decades. YouTube guy just doesn't know anything about gender and can't be assed to find out.

The intellectually honest thing to do is acknowledge your ignorance and give knowledgable people your platform. I understand he had Janet Mock on his show half a decade ago. If this is going continue to be one his favored topics (creepy straight dudes obsessed with transpeople: we see you), he has a responsibility to engage with people who fucking know what they're talking about. He should invite Elle Lett on. He should avail himself of a literal pediatric endocrinologist like Catherine Gordon. But clearly he gets more engagement with his "just asking questions" bullshit.

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by ELDERGOD View Post
    No you should try getting your ass off the computer and go out side for once. No one gives a damn about some study that some chump has done when most studies regarding minorities are screwed up. No one is coming into these communities to do studies. That's a fact yet 100 times a year some study is coming out talking about this and that and people have never been approached or had anything in the mail regarding it. In my community I see the youth first hand more violent more every thing then the ones before them even my generation. But I see this cause I'm OUTSIDE! I'm not a key board warrior.
    Well, you certainly present a compelling case for the evidentiary value of sitting on your front porch. But I dunno, man. Should we go with what the CDC/WHO/HBSC says or some rando middle-aged dude who's scared of the kids next door?

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Veteran Poster

Quote Originally Posted by filghy2 View Post
    There are two different issues here, and it's important we distinguish between them:
    1. Should minors be able to access gender-affirming treatments without requiring parental consent?
    2. Should minors be able to access these treatments at all, even with parental (and doctors') consent?

Maybe there are some exceptions, but I'm pretty sure the general rule is that minors cannot at present access these treatments without parental consent. I'm sure there are some trans activists who want to change this, but the political debate is really about Republican efforts to block treatments completely. Anyone who says this is just about parents having a say is either misinformed or disingenuous.
    It depends on the state. In some states, children under the age of 18 are able to access gender-affirming care without parental consent. But it's also important to remember that for virtually all gender non-conforming kids under 16, gender-affirming care means emotional support , i.e. respect for chosen names and pronouns. There are currently no states where kids under 18 can access medical transition services without parental consent. This is a great commentary on what is and is not gender-affirming care: https://www.jahonline.org/article/S1...503-1/fulltext

We already allow minors to make certain medical decisions without parental consent: Family Planning, STD testing, Mental health treatment and counseling, Pregnancy, Abortion, Drug and alcohol-related problems, HIV/AIDs, Sexual assault, COVID-19 testing, and Child abuse allegations.
    For adolescent patients, time alone with a physician during the clinical encounter is the gold standard for pediatric care. We've also been giving puberty blockers to very young cis kids with precocious puberty since the 70s. These issues of parental consent and medication safety and efficacy are completely uncontroversial until you add "trans" to the mix. Wonder why that is.

3 out of 3 members liked this post.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Some dubious policy proposals are being smuggled onto the books claiming Child Protection is the motive, as it is hard to argue against the protection of the child.
    By far the biggest source of harm to children is that they are born into a disadvantaged family. The same people who claim to want to protect children also want to cut back the limited government programs aimed at helping such families.

filghy2 Silver Poster

No you should try getting your ass off the computer and go out side for once. No one gives a damn about some study that some chump has done when most studies regarding minorities are screwed up. No one is coming into these communities to do studies. That's a fact yet 100 times a year some study is coming out talking about this and that and people have never been approached or had anything in the mail regarding it. In my community I see the youth first hand more violent more every thing then the ones before them even my generation. But I see this cause I'm OUTSIDE! I'm not a key board warrior.
    Well I walk around my neighborhood every day and never see any crime. If the only source of evidence is what individuals can see then which one of these is the true fact?

Most studies are based on either official statistics or surveys of a small percentage of the population. It's hardly surprising that you don't know anyone who has been involved.

filghy2 Silver Poster

Quote Originally Posted by thombergeron View Post
    But it's also important to remember that for virtually all gender non-conforming kids under 16, gender-affirming care means emotional support , i.e. respect for chosen names and pronouns. There are currently no states where kids under 18 can access medical transition services without parental consent.
    This is the key point. The right-wing narrative is that impressionable teenagers are being pushed into life-changing treatments. Gender dysphoria is not real, but is an anxiety manufactured by people with some agenda. This resonates with many people who are inclined to fear what they don't understand.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Well I walk around my neighborhood every day and never see any crime. If the only source of evidence is what individuals can see then which one of these is the true fact?

Most studies are based on either official statistics or surveys of a small percentage of the population. It's hardly surprising that you don't know anyone who has been involved.
    This is why minorities don't pay attention to a lot of studies. Now you walk around your neighborhood and don't see any crime. What about those of us that can see it?

https://abc7chicago.com/chicago-shoo...-ivy/12693297/

https://abc7chicago.com/karon-blake-...gton/12685269/

https://www.kmov.com/2023/01/12/18-g...lmpd-officers/

https://www.kmov.com/2023/01/10/man-...270-sentenced/

I'm simply saying people come up with stuff to fit their narrative all the time. That includes trying to paint a certain pic of things. But you have to be careful. Cause if you don't live in areas where stuff is going on then it becomes easy to believe that nothing is happening. These stories are just some that around the country.

filghy2 Silver Poster

This is why minorities don't pay attention to a lot of studies. Now you walk around your neighborhood and don't see any crime. What about those of us that can see it?
    This isn't about crime in your neighbourhood or mine. Remember, we only got to this point because you claimed that kids used to be innocent and now they've been messed up by being exposed to adult issues. You pretty much suggested that they only think about gender identity because someone has put the idea in their heads.

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

This isn't about crime in your neighbourhood or mine. Remember, we only got to this point because you claimed that kids used to be innocent and now they've been messed up by being exposed to adult issues. You pretty much suggested that they only think about gender identity because someone has put the idea in their heads.
    First off don’t try to make my point seem invalid when it’s an answer to another statement that another member made. The quote is below.

Are you aware that teenagers nowadays are having less sex, fighting less, and consuming drugs and alcohol at lower rates than we did?

Second please don’t put words in my mouth. This isn’t about kids being innocent. Once again it’s about kids stuff being separated from adult bull shit. Do you have kids? Why is it that you can’t comprehend the idea shielding kids from adult bull shit. You have all the time in the world for adult crap. You spend more time being an adult then you do a child so enjoy it.
    Kids don’t give a F about gender shit till it became a big deal with adults.

0 out of 3 members liked this post.
    Last edited by ELDERGOD; 01-14-2023 at 07:11 AM.