Thread: Tax and Mend

Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Tax and Mend

For a long time now I have resented the people who don't pay tax. I once read a paper in a small politics journal which argued that the invention of taxation has been one of the most consequential in human history.
    Out of that past springs a history of violence, state formation, and arguments for a politics of dictatorship or liberty. There is a YouTube video which records Swedes saying how much they like paying tax, but if you lived in Sweden with the advantages of a tax system that isn't corrupt and appears to benefit tax payers, you would want to pay tax too. And probably live in Sweden, though it gets cold in winter.

So this affects the UK as well as the US: TAX THE CHURCHES AND CHARITIES.

Because of the damage believers in God have caused to the human race, and the outrageous behaviour in the US of so-called 'Pastors' who support anti-freedom causes, tout Christianity as a death-cult, and never stop pleading for money, they and the rest of the crowd -like the bogus religion Scientology- should pay their whack.

I propose a 93% tax to be imposed with immediate effect, with no remissions, reductions or restrictions. I am also inclined to tax charities that are charities because they want to avoid tax. Time to mend the damage religious bodies have caused.

Jesus did not own property, or possessions. He shared everything he had. Maybe it is time for Christians to live like the man they say they believe in, for all the reasons they give.

Junior Poster

Default Re: Tax and Mend

Some televangelists and “mega churches” rake in millions of dollars. These tax laws were undoubtedly written before televangelism was a thing. Also, churches are supposed to be apolitical in exchange for tax free status, but some churches blatantly flaunt the rules.