A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Default Trans Day of Remembrance 2022

I tend not to want to mark a specific day for remembering trans girls we’ve lost during this year, or previous years. As the editor in charge of posting the notices of trans models who have died on our Fallen Angels Blog, I recognise the rate of trans people’s deaths is increasing and it’s something that cannot be contained to one day. I do also recognise the need for TDoR and it’s origins (you can read more at Kristel’s post at Grooby.com) and that it’s important as a leader of a company that is 100% trans related, to highlight and give this day a platform to our supporters and followers.
    On the evening of Sat 19th November, two days before Trans Day of Remembrance, a shooter open fired at Club Q, Colorado Springs killing at least five people and injuring many more. It’s currently under the assumption that like the shooting in Orlando in 2016, that this was a hate crime aimed at LGBTQ people, and at a popular club which promoted drag events. They were scheduled to have a drag brunch/show today for TDoR. While tragic events like this get media attention, and are rightly condemned and those committing the atrocities brought to justice, this is only a small part of the pandemic.
    There is a war on those working in the adult industry, and as many trans people work in the adult industry then it further disenfranchises that community from the norms of society. When Well’s Fargo and other banking insitutions, closed individuals accounts earlier this year, seemingly based on the (legal) employment an individual was doing, then those people are left with less ability to find themselves good housing, or a safe environment. When AirBnb arbitrarily seems to cancel accounts or bookings based on someone’s job choice (or when AirBnb hosts can question a potential renters gender) then people have to look for poorer or less safe choices of accomodation. When medical establishments alienate individuals based on their gender, when companies have bathroom rules, or discriminate against a person based on their gender or identity, then we’re left with a mounting mental health debt in which we see an increase in drug use, homelessness and suicide.
    The war on trans people is no longer a political issue. It was once, all so easy to place the blame on one group of people, but persecution of trans people is systematic across different political spectrums and is no longer only from a religious perspective. The premise that a trans person ‘deserved’ it because of their lifestyle, or the way they were dressed, or going somewhere they shouldn’t have. It’s the nonchalance that the murdered trans person shouldn’t have been in that relationship. It’s the fact, that even though you may not agree with trans people in sports, or with their own trans rights agendas that this isn’t met with dialogue and understanding with an aim to compromise, but with derision, comedy and often violence. It’s placing the blame on the victim.
    There are more trans people openly out and living their lives today than ever. It would be unlikley to find any whom hadn’t faced some sort of victimisation or prejudice – but the world is slowly changing. When the generation who are at school today become more normalised by different people, perhaps they will be leaders of tomorrow who will replace the outdated dinosaurs in the banks, and create companies that will destroy what current institutions stood for. We need to lead them and support them. But the wheels turn slowly, and we’ve many years of heartache and deaths ahead of us.
    You can help these wheels run faster and smoother: by calling out misogyny and normalisation of violence against trans people, by choosing who you do business with (and letting those businesses know why you refuse to work with them), by standing up for that trans person who is being taunted or sidelined. Whether it’s at work, in a bar or in a line at a fast food restuarant – don’t turn away – stand your ground and be an ally. If you see someone who needs help, or who has been abused, go and talk to them – your kind words and support may be all they need at that time.
    We’ve worked with 10,000’s of trans models over our years in the industry – the majority of whom we’ve lost touch with over the years. These are four of our models who we lost during 2022. All of them young, all of them taken before their time. I’m reposting them here as a reminder – and to illustrate that has producers and fans of trans erotica, we need to be mindful of the realities of many of the girls, and not just the illusion we’re presented with on an entertainement website.
    To all the trans people who have died over the part year. We see you. We remember you.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	AngelinaPleaseHC.bw010.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	621.8 KB 
ID:	1408503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bonappetit1.kk_.002.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	761.9 KB 
ID:	1408504Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hollyparker1.rd_.006-683x1024.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	1408505Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kandiiredd.kk_.btg_.cumsolo.008-682x1024.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	128.7 KB 
ID:	1408506

9 out of 9 members liked this post.

Default Re: Trans Day of Remembrance 2022

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FiC_4WyX0AQx80g.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	241.5 KB 
ID:	1408513  

4 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

No one ever mentions my Homegirl Mandy or Amanda who was killed at her home in Queens around 12 years. Some 7 foot dude killed her took her phone and lap top to Vegas where he got caught within a week and make a plea bargen for 20 years. That was a shame, very sad.

A Very Grooby Guy Platinum Poster GroobySteven's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    No one ever mentions my Homegirl Mandy or Amanda who was killed at her home in Queens around 12 years. Some 7 foot dude killed her took her phone and lap top to Vegas where he got caught within a week and make a plea bargen for 20 years. That was a shame, very sad.
    Man, how hard is it to just click and look ...
    https://www.grooby.com/fallenangels/...rdered-in-nyc/

I wrote in depth about it in 2010. I done a scene with her in the late 90s Lovely girl.

First reported Daily New 31st March 2010.

“A transgender woman was found dead in her ransacked Queens apartment on Tuesday, her naked body sprawled across the bed, police said.
    Edelbuerto Gonzalez-Andujar, 29, who lived as a woman and went by the name Amanda, had not been heard from since Friday.
    Her friends got her landlord to let them into her Glendale apartment around 4 p.m. Tuesday.

“We found her on her bed. She was naked,” said Barbara Vega, 35, of Bushwick, Brooklyn. “Everything in the apartment was destroyed. All her Marilyn Monroe pictures were destroyed.”

Police said the medical examiner will perform an autopsy to determine the cause of death. Vega, who believes Gonzalez-Andujar was slain, said she had tried in vain to reach her friend since spending time with her on Friday.

“She never had any problems with anybody. She was full of life,” she said. “We need to know who did this to her.”

Gonzalez-Andujar’s friends wailed as her body, covered in a black plastic bag, was taken out of the 62nd St. building yesterday.
    Stephanie Lopez, 19, said she was returning home from school when she saw one of the “hysterical” friends lunge for the gurney that carried Gonzalez-Andujar’s body.

Lopez recalled that another woman screamed: “No! Why, Amanda? Why?”
    Lopez said detectives asked her whether she had heard sounds of a struggle or screams coming from Gonzalez-Andujar’s first-floor apartment on Saturday.

Vega said Gonzalez-Andujar’s laptop was missing from the apartment.
    She said cops told her they were analyzing surveillance video taken from inside the building showing a man whose face was difficult to make out.

“We need to know who did this to her,” Vega said, recalling a vacation to Jamaica the two had taken in happier times. “

Amanda was one of the first transsexuals I ever met. She’d appeared on Shemale Yum in 1999 and that was the year I went to New York to shoot the first ever Grooby videos with Tony Vee, “Shemale Yum’s New York Transsexuals”. Amanda was on my shortlist along with Lisa Kage, BamBam and Kitty.

We picked up Amanda at her place and suggested we do some out door scenes. She was immediately into it. For a young, English guy who wasn’t exactly a stranger to traveling and to NYC, Amanda was still, very exotic, very different to the girls I was used to – and very funny and cool. I enjoyed my time with her a lot and the scene stuck out as one of the most memorable I ever shot.

Frank worked with her in a fantastic shoot in 2005 and of course, she also appeared in a wild scene in Joey Silvera’s Rogue Adventure #11.

Honestly, I know very little about Amanda apart from two brief encounters. The fact that this sort of crime is committed is bad enough but it does touch home a little more, when it is somebody you’ve met and worked with.
    I hope by running this blog and putting this sad news out, people will become more aware of the tragedies that happen to so many, of the girls that we see on our screens each day.

Amanda was 29 when she was murdered, in the last week of March 2010.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amanda3001.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	136.7 KB 
ID:	1408829   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amanda012.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	101.4 KB 
ID:	1408828   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	amanda03.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	77.0 KB 
ID:	1408827  

1 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Jesus Christ, that was a brutal crime.