Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Nikita Dragun arrested for felony in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Luke Warm View Post
    You don’t understand the legal definition of “assault” and are maybe confusing it with “battery”. If I ran up to you and started shouting in your face, it could be considered assault.

You also expressed confusion about what “woke” means… it’s basically the current version of “politically correct” or PC.
    I do understand the legal definition of Assault, I just think it is often silly and an example of the excessive harsh punishment that you inflict on people in the US. The Obama Administration did something to end the practice of sending people to prison for a third offence, for minor offences, and the law on Assault can be changed, you don't need a revolution to do it. Nikita behaved badly, but the punishment doesn't fit 'the crime', and in the end, nobody comes out of this with a secure reputation.

Again, I know why people use the word 'Woke' I am just being pedantic because it is grammatically incorrect and I don't like it. Why not just tell American citizens the truth: 'we don't like you, and are going to take away your Constitutional, and your legal rights'-?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Veteran Poster diddyboponTOP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    I do understand the legal definition of Assault, I just think it is often silly and an example of the excessive harsh punishment that you inflict on people in the US. The Obama Administration did something to end the practice of sending people to prison for a third offence, for minor offences, and the law on Assault can be changed, you don't need a revolution to do it. Nikita behaved badly, but the punishment doesn't fit 'the crime', and in the end, nobody comes out of this with a secure reputation.

Again, I know why people use the word 'Woke' I am just being pedantic because it is grammatically incorrect and I don't like it. Why not just tell American citizens the truth: 'we don't like you, and are going to take away your Constitutional, and your legal rights'-?
    So true dude, and thanks for saying that, the reason I'm a die hard Trump supporter is that he's the only one who can truly make America America again, These liberals have gone too liberal and too far with their nonsense.

1 out of 3 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    So true dude, and thanks for saying that, the reason I'm a die hard Trump supporter is that he's the only one who can truly make America America again, These liberals have gone too liberal and too far with their nonsense.
    Is this satire?

It is Trump, De Santis and people like them who have declared war on America. If that is what you support, does it mean you support their attacks on the rights of Trans Americans?

The American Revolution was a Liberal Revolution. To be a Conservative in 1776 was to be loyal to the King -maybe that is today's definition too, and we all know who thinks he is 'King', but let's leave it there as it is not germane to the thread.

Nikita, I understand is out of prison now anyway, and banned from that Hotel, be that punishment or relief for all concerned.

2 out of 3 members liked this post.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Is this satire?

It is Trump, De Santis and people like them who have declared war on America. If that is what you support, does it mean you support their attacks on the rights of Trans Americans?

The American Revolution was a Liberal Revolution. To be a Conservative in 1776 was to be loyal to the King -maybe that is today's definition too, and we all know who thinks he is 'King', but let's leave it there as it is not germane to the thread.

Nikita, I understand is out of prison now anyway, and banned from that Hotel, be that punishment or relief for all concerned.
    shiddyhoponPOP would be a lot more entertaining if his ramblings were satirical, but they're just endless BS ramblings. He's an egotistical Italian from New York whose glory days are long gone, so he identifies with another egotist from New York whose glory days are long gone and can't STFU.

3 out of 4 members liked this post.
    "We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Member Rookie Poster

According to the DailyMail: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ns-prison.html

"Despite Dragun's legal status as a female, her arrest affidavit said she wanted to be 'recognized as a male.'

'[Dragun] appears as a female but would like to be recognized as a male,' the affidavit read, according to NBC News.

It also said she used male 'he' and 'him' pronouns - despite her using female pronouns for several years."

It sounds like she(?) got placed in a men's prison partly because of how they identified. I think as a general rule trans women should be put in women's prison unless there's good reason to suspect they actually are just dudes taking advantage of the system or will be a danger to other women, but it sounds like they placed Nikita where he/she claimed to belong.

Professional Poster Castor_Troy05's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by diddyboponTOP View Post
    You just keep getting dumber and dumber with every post you make. Why the fuck are you even on this site with the neanderthalic views you have?

3 out of 4 members liked this post.

Senior Member Junior Poster

I doubt they will put her in a women's unit after what happened recently

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-...lity-rcna38947

The only thing they can do is put her in solitary

Senior Member Junior Poster

I think we as a society need to stop even remotely catering to the "needs" of criminals be they trans folks or otherwise.

If you have a cock and balls, and you break the law then you should be men's jail/prison.

If trans persons are concerned about ending up in a men's jail (they should be doubly careful about not breaking the law let alone be assaulting law enforcement officers).

2 out of 4 members liked this post.

Junior Poster

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzcarraldo View Post
    Florida's governor is very publicly anti-trans. Most of the state government and law enforcement are as well. Florida has one of the ridiculous bathroom laws as well.
    This is a Court ruling, what has the Governor to do with it ?.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by mildcigar_2001 View Post
    I think we as a society need to stop even remotely catering to the "needs" of criminals be they trans folks or otherwise.

If you have a cock and balls, and you break the law then you should be men's jail/prison.

If trans persons are concerned about ending up in a men's jail (they should be doubly careful about not breaking the law let alone be assaulting law enforcement officers).
    One more time: you Americans need to review the meaning of crime and punishment. Nikita made a fool of herself, threw water on a cop. Nobody died, nobody was injured, nobody was threatened with the loss of life or injury. Poor cop, got a wet face! Maybe he wasn't a proper cop but had the III Percent Emblem sewed onto his uniform, like so many do.

Maybe lock her up for the night in a prison cell, but prison a waste of everyone's time and money. And it makes you in America look needlessly harsh, vindictive, and petty. If you want to act like you are in Iran or Afghanistan, stop criticising those countries. Trump did a deal with the Taliban, it doesn't mean you have to follow him.

1 out of 2 members liked this post.