Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Senior Member Platinum Poster

Default Re: Nikita Dragun arrested for felony in Miami

Quote Originally Posted by Dudedude12345 View Post
    TL/DR: She creates controversy like blackfishing, trying to get with a guy only to dump him because he's bisexual and promoting a garbage rap song by stamping "DICK" on photos of dead transwomen. She been a pain in the ass on YouTube for years because when people call out her behavior she calls them transphobic. Recently a hotel had to call the cops because she was drunkingly walking in the pool area naked and when they went to tell her to calm down she threw water on the cops which is why she was arrested
    How many 'internet influencers' are convinced they are really really important and behave badly in public? To me the issue here is whether or not her behaviour merits the punishment she has so far received. Making a fool of oneself in public and throwing water on a cop doesn't merit anything more than being locked up for the night. I sometimes think you overdo things in the US when it comes to minor infringements of the law. Was anyone injured? Did anyone die? I am not defending her, and she sounds a bit of a nutter, but prison?

0 out of 1 members liked this post.

Senior Member Gold Poster christianxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GroobySteven View Post
    I've never heard of this person.
    I could Google her - but I'm lazy (and busy) - can anyone tell me why she's famous in a few sentences?
    1. she's beautiful
    2. she has a catchy stage name
    3. she is friends/colleagues/frenemies with many other famous youtube influencers
    4. she is trans
    5. she has a popular beauty/makeup brand
    6. she has a popular social media presence

Senior Member Gold Poster christianxxx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    How many 'internet influencers' are convinced they are really really important and behave badly in public? To me the issue here is whether or not her behaviour merits the punishment she has so far received. Making a fool of oneself in public and throwing water on a cop doesn't merit anything more than being locked up for the night. I sometimes think you overdo things in the US when it comes to minor infringements of the law. Was anyone injured? Did anyone die? I am not defending her, and she sounds a bit of a nutter, but prison?
    she absolutely knew that the consequences would be relatively light and the buzz around her would be huge. So if your channel and social media presence begins to sag and lose steam...doing something outrageous and newsworthy/clickbaity is very helpful to her bottom line. All publicity is good publicity for social media influencers (unless they stab their boyfriend to death, run to hawaii, and transfer 2 million bucks into your dads bank account)

Senior Member Junior Poster

It's still assault, she should've known Florida will put her in a men's unit once she broke the law

Quote Originally Posted by Dudedude12345 View Post
    It's still assault, she should've known Florida will put her in a men's unit once she broke the law
    Yes, but -is this not a good time to expose the idiocy of the way the law is interpreted in Florida, a sledgehammer to crack a nut? I am tempted to say something like 'lighten up dudes, it was a stunt, drunken or not, so slap her on the wrist and get on with life' -this may be how De Santis wants things, to toughen people up, to single out, as he did the other day, anyone and everyone he says is 'woke', whatever that means.

Nikita may not be the best example, but there is a wider agenda here, and locking people up for minor offences ought to be the issue on people's minds. Had she been waving a gun around, would the police have shot her dead? Something is out of control in your country, in some of your States, and I don't think excuses work anymore.

Senior Member Professional Poster

Yes, but -is this not a good time to expose the idiocy of the way the law is interpreted in Florida, a sledgehammer to crack a nut? I am tempted to say something like 'lighten up dudes, it was a stunt, drunken or not, so slap her on the wrist and get on with life' -this may be how De Santis wants things, to toughen people up, to single out, as he did the other day, anyone and everyone he says is 'woke', whatever that means.

Nikita may not be the best example, but there is a wider agenda here, and locking people up for minor offences ought to be the issue on people's minds. Had she been waving a gun around, would the police have shot her dead? Something is out of control in your country, in some of your States, and I don't think excuses work anymore.
    I wouldn't say anything is really being exposed. If DeSantis' public profile hasn't been damaged over the last 3 or 4 years, throwing some trans woman, influencer or not, in jail present day over this won't do anything to do so either. The lines have been drawn long ago and putting people born as a male into women's has even more pushback than making a Marvel character gay. The ones siding DeSantis are largely the tough on crime types anyway. As long as the police aren't telling them to not storm the capitol, enforcing mask mandates or preventing them from harassing unarmed protesters, the police and the legal system as a whole have nothing to worry about to the pro police crowd.

First off, Florida is not anti trans, or transphobic.

You can be what you want to be here, just don't force it down others throats, and keep public decency in mind.

Most don't care one way or the other down here.

My wife and I had gay friends (her co workers, and now my friends. They are awesome btw) come in from out of state and expected the pitchforks and torches treatment. They were pleasantly surprised at how neutral and non caring about sexual orientation everyone is. They are entertaining moving here from Colorado too.

Florida is all about personal choice, not any particular ideology being forced upon anyone. That is fair, IMO.

Side story: there was a trans dude working at a fast food joint a while back. He/she looked like a 50 year old man with makeup and a feminine haircut. I noticed a few people weirded out by it. Most didn't care.

Also florida is a biological state. GG in women's sports and bathrooms, GM in thier own. I would venture to say that if you looked like the fast food employee, you might have issues navigating the women's bathroom. If you look like Carrie emberlynn or something, you'd not get a second look.

Regarding the criminal above, sounds like a typical self involved young person. She got what she wanted.....attention.

Florida, as well as any hotel, have rules against public nudity. Violate that, go to jail. Keep in mind, you will go to biological jail. Nobody gets special favors. Reason being is that any guy can claim he's trans and be housed with women, where he is free to do whatever to them.
    There can be no lines to blur because it's a slippery slope when you do.

Now, splashing water on police? That is assault. You will be treated VERY harshly when you do that. Had she just complied, it would have been an overnight stay. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.
    Hopefully, this is an eye opener for her. I am sure it sucks, but laws are laws. Don't like them, go somewhere else. There aren't p many places that accept this kind of behavior though. They might arrest you and release right away at best. But that only says one thing: that it's OK the behave in this manner. Then you go and pull it in areas that have stricter laws.

Try doing crap like this in the middle east or some Asian countries and see what happens.
    Play by the rules, don't expect them to cater to you.

2 out of 2 members liked this post.

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtransgurls View Post

Florida, as well as any hotel, have rules against public nudity. Violate that, go to jail.

Now, splashing water on police? That is assault. You will be treated VERY harshly when you do that. Had she just complied, it would have been an overnight stay. Play stupid games, get stupid prizes.
    Your comments underline the problem -in what civilized democracy does public nudity when illegal require a prison sentence? The expense alone is plain daft. Don't you have community service in the US/Florida?

Come on, a cop who is probably 6 foot tall and two feet across is not going to collapse because water is splashed on his face. It might be childish behaviour, but assault? That is just something a lawyer dreamed up years ago so they could lock up students protesting Vietnam, or Black people who wanted the right to vote. Tread on a cop's toe? Assault. Pinch his bum? Assault.

You need to reform your laws, because from this side of the pond, your reactions to minor misdemeanours is excessive.

Cynical Idealist 5 Star Poster Fitzcarraldo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iluvtransgurls View Post
    First off, Florida is not anti trans, or transphobic.

You can be what you want to be here, just don't force it down others throats, and keep public decency in mind.

Most don't care one way or the other down here.
    https://www.them.us/story/florida-ed...sive-bathrooms

"We can't seem to cure them of the idea that our everyday life is only an illusion, behind which lies the reality of dreams."--Old Missionary, Fitzcarraldo

Junior Poster

Come on, a cop who is probably 6 foot tall and two feet across is not going to collapse because water is splashed on his face. It might be childish behaviour, but assault? That is just something a lawyer dreamed up years ago so they could lock up students protesting Vietnam, or Black people who wanted the right to vote. Tread on a cop's toe? Assault. Pinch his bum? Assault.

You need to reform your laws, because from this side of the pond, your reactions to minor misdemeanours is excessive.
    You don’t understand the legal definition of “assault” and are maybe confusing it with “battery”. If I ran up to you and started shouting in your face, it could be considered assault.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/assault

You also expressed confusion about what “woke” means… it’s basically the current version of “politically correct” or PC.